Extremely afraid of hell..

If I'm here I got time
Reactions
2,285 53 36
Alleybux
So I'm coming to terms with the fact I don't really fully believe in God right now, and never have. I've tried and even thought I was saved at one point but I guess I imagined it. I fear I don't have the capacity to truly believe in anything, right now I'm looking into spirituality and lean towards a different type of God/Source but I'm plagued by not having the answer and feeling like if I don't find the truth I'll end up in suffering. It keeps me up at night. Has anyone else gone through this?

Reactions
111,625 2,037 1,719
Alleybux
Don't be afraid of "hell" or "eternal damnation" sis...just like heaven and god, none of it is real.

I'm not quite sure exactly what I believe in either, but the concept of souls spending an eternity in agony is just not realistic.

Eta: How do you turn off alerts? This thread is old as hell, lol...no pun intended.

Last edited:
Time Out
Reactions
3,710 254 234
Alleybux
So I'm coming to terms with the fact I don't really fully believe in God right now, and never have. I've tried and even thought I was saved at one point but I guess I imagined it. I fear I don't have the capacity to truly believe in anything, right now I'm looking into spirituality and lean towards a different type of God/Source but I'm plagued by not having the answer and feeling like if I don't find the truth I'll end up in suffering. It keeps me up at night. Has anyone else gone through this?
OP you really feel guilty about not believing in a 'god' that was forced on your ancestors?

Just do you OP. Live your life. You feeling guilty is a main recruiting tactic by Christians.

If I'm here I got time
Reactions
2,285 53 36
Alleybux
I edited and added more to the comment before you replied, but before I add to that, did you believe in the christian version of god?
I never believed really but I grew up in a Christian household yes. Not super Christian but when we did go to church it was always a Christian one. so that's the version of God I wrestle with

If I'm here I got time
Reactions
2,285 53 36
Alleybux
OP you really feel guilty about not believing in a 'god' that was forced on your ancestors?

Just do you OP. Live your life. You feeling guilty is a main recruiting tactic by Christians.
I don't feel guilty about it, I'm just scared if I'm wrong I'll go to hell. I'm just such a scientific-minded person and I find it so hard to believe in the supernatural. So I feel like nothing would get me to believe except having a supernatural experience. And I've heard firsthand of people having those experiences, or like in the case of my boyfriend, having premonition dreams- which has led me to keep searching for answers but in other forms of spirituality/religion. I don't get it. Hearing my boyfriend's testimony especially as well as his dreams that end up coming true and him being a believer is what gets me. Plus all the other people in the world who have had these experiences.

Caramel Goddess
Reactions
191,891 4,864 5,534
Alleybux
It’s normal to question your beliefs. Because none of us 100% know if anything is real( I say this as a someone who believes in the Christian faith). But the fact that you are scared of hell says that you do believe in god, the devil, heaven and hell.

Last edited:
If I'm here I got time
Reactions
2,285 53 36
Alleybux
If you believe in hell to the point of fear, you subconsciously believe in a higher power otherwise judgement wouldn’t be something to concern yourself with.
Breaking away from how you were raised to believe is not easy. I don't believe fully if at all. I just know it's possible God is real.

If I'm here I got time
Reactions
2,285 53 36
Alleybux
It’s normal to question your beliefs. Because none of us 100% know if anything is real( I say this as a someone who believes in the Christian faith). But the fact that you are scared of hell says that you do believe in god, the devil, heaven and hell. You sh
I'm sorry but it doesn't. I'm operating on the possibility.

Time Out
Reactions
3,710 254 234
Alleybux
O
I don't feel guilty about it, I'm just scared if I'm wrong I'll go to hell. I'm just such a scientific-minded person and I find it so hard to believe in the supernatural. So I feel like nothing would get me to believe except having a supernatural experience. And I've heard firsthand of people having those experiences, or like in the case of my boyfriend, having premonition dreams- which has led me to keep searching for answers but in other forms of spirituality/religion. I don't get it. Hearing my boyfriend's testimony especially as well as his dreams that end up coming true and him being a believer is what gets me. Plus all the other people in the world who have had these experiences.
OP again. Scaring people into going to hell is another Christian recruitment tactic. Don't buy it.

How come the people who had no problem with colonisation, CASUAL RAPE, abduction, slavery, pedophilia, murder and genocide are preaching to others about going to hell.

If yt people the ones who forced Christianity onto black people aren't afraid of going to hell why should you?

Who would take a priest serious who obviously by looking at his actions doesn't believe in Christianity and God itself?

Reactions
111,625 2,037 1,719
Alleybux
I'm agnostic/more atheist leaning now but was raised christian too, in a fanatical household...because of that I'd like to believe that if there is some greater being that created us that they just wouldn't be that cruel.

Honestly that's where my belief fell apart, since the bible always spoke of god being angry, vengeful and judgmental and letting satan run amok and allow all kinds of evil just to prove a fucking point.

No one should have to believe in or serve some higher power out of fear, feel me? It should be because we want to, not because we are afraid of burning forever in an afterlife.

So basically you can choose to believe in that and live your life in a perpetual state of fear over "hell," or try to make the best of this life in the here and now.

Reactions
111,625 2,037 1,719
Alleybux
Other people in this thread have already pointed out all the fucked up stuff the christian version of god allows...is that who you really want to believe in?

It broke my heart at the time but I just couldn't do it anymore. I'm at peace with it now though, it just took some time. If you let it go you will be okay too.

Reactions
126,195 2,827 2,087
Alleybux

how specific do you want me to get.

____Hell Raiser____
Reactions
9,481 120 36
Alleybux
Every religion has a story for the after life...soooo....why you worried about something you can't control..? If you ain't out here murdering, robbing, and fucking ppl over...why you in fear of your supposed judgement after you die...?

I'm a scientist now
Reactions
13,137 216 92
Alleybux
A place like hell if anything would make me more defiant if i believed in it. The fact that you go to hell if you dont blindly follow a belief system sounds wrong especially when one is born with free will.

However part of me does sorta believe in some version of reincarnation. Energy is converted, never created nor destroyed. I wonder if something similar goes for living organisms as well. It's an interesting thought.

Last edited:
Reactions
55,384 716 1,015
Alleybux
I use to feel this way. And then I got over it. I’m a good person, live a good life, take care of those I can take care of. If me not believing in a god is enough reason for me to go to hell, then I accept that, if by some so miracle any of this heaven/hell mess is real. I refuse to be scared into believing nonsense. And quite frankly if god does exists and is anything like the Bible portrays, I’d rather be in hell.

I block every male font on instinct
Reactions
24,048 330 129
Alleybux
you don’t think you living in hell already
Right? Death is the real blessing out of all of this lol.

But to answer OP's question. Living the rest of your natural life in fear over a place that may or may not be real is kind of pointless.

When I first started questioning my religion, I also had that fear. Yet eventually it disappeared over time. The more I learned about the world, the less I started to care about my supposed afterlife.

Reactions
47,532 283 40
Alleybux

OP I feel you, I struggle with this too. I am leaning towards being agnostic. But it terrifies me that I could be wrong and end up in "hell".

B I T T E R
Reactions
11,607 166 83
Alleybux
I’m a spiritual/religious person and I don’t even really believe in “hell” like that. I do think there is karma and cosmic justice and if you are not punished for being a vile person in this life you will be in the next. I don’t think being atheist or agnostic makes you a bad person by default though, it’s your actions and morals. So I say this to say, I wouldn’t worry. If you are a good person what you believe in really shouldn’t matter. All that extra “oh even if you’re a good person, if you don’t sign fine print (i.e. adhere to whatever religion/dogma) you’re damned” b.s. is such a scare and control tactic.

Reactions
41,696 990 257
Alleybux
If you believe your going to hell then you will end up there
247.gif

pet

Somewhere over the rainbow
Reactions
40,514 1,492 1,312
Alleybux
Look at this way, no one really knows what was in the original Bible. So no one really knows what wil actually send you to hell or if it even exists. There is so much back and forth on the topic of hell that literally anything can be the truth.

I believe in god but the god I believe in is just and believes in doing the right thing. Jesus died for your sins so as long as you make amends with your decisions then you will be in heaven.

you’re not gonna go to hell OP. Trust me.

Reactions
4,812 20 3
Alleybux
Here is my take. If you are only living your life to avoid hell or some negative punishment then you are doing it wrong.

I truly believe we should treat others how we want to be treated while recognizing that we make mistakes. If you are not purposely nasty to people or set out to hurt people or do harm you are already on a good path.

There are many religious mores that I think are just silly and really should be more about your capacity and ability to love and honor other people. I say that because I know some people have difficulty with living with significant others or having sex or kids outside of marriage. All I can say is do you. I am sure whatever higher power there may be they would be more pleased with a loving relationship and loving parents even if they never married than the whole lying cheating horrible parents that think they sh*t don't stink be cause they are married.

So my main point is to just strive to be a good person, treat others with respect, try to help people when you can. Too many people running around thinking pointing out everyone else's wrongs is going to make them look better.

Reactions
2,444 17 5
Alleybux
you could try asking God to show himself to you. you may wind up having one of those experiences too, and in the meantime you can feel at ease knowing you tried your best to find him.

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

Recent Posts

Kimbo's back in LA, meets up with Scooter Braun and his wife
This is so ugly. Kimmy wasn’t fashionable before Kanye and she sure as fuck isn’t after
Ayy do British people have to bow to their “royals”?
My friend had to courtesy to her Nigerian in laws. Anyway, I met Prince Charles and we were given a bunch of instructions which we didn't end up...
Jim Caviezel special guest at QANON Nutbag conference. Kraken and Pillow in attendance, luckily...
Wait wait wait. So basically they think Monsters Inc is real? Did they not watch the full movie?
Occult Book Collection Official Thread
where can i get this? amazon is charging over five hundred bucks and a lot of other places just don't have it. thanks in advance. i've been...
Saweetie and Doja Cat Deliver A Tragic Performance at the #TrillerFightClub
It wasn't that bad as people are making it out to be. Most pop acts today give the same damn energy. However, if Swaeetie was going to half ass...
For Naturals who wear their hair loose most of the time...
when i go to bed i put it in a loose low puff to prevent tangling/bunching i may put some butter on my hair and do chunky twists and/or put it in...
Are so called Liberal/Forward Thinking Cities and States becoming more racist/passive aggressive
I personally believe liberal cities are the most racist places on earth. I stand by that. Liberals and progressives are invested in, thus uphold...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
Found this gifs and it made me think of Henry and his ocean of women :X3: :laughing:
Top Bottom