Fall of the british royal family?

magicbeens

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,466 95 19
Alleybux
*pls move if this isnt in the right place*

i was so damn happy seeing that racist slave owner statue get thrown into the river and it the poetic justice for it to be thrown into a river named after an enslaved African. sensational.

but i was wondering if we may see the collapse of the british royal family this year bc they have been/are the biggest benefactors of racism. and our taxes go to keeping them living lavishly.

in 2020 anything is possible but do u guys think this could actually happen?

Loqal

Bring back romanticism
Reaction score
Reactions
332,863 9,097 1,982
Alleybux
I hope. Im not from the UK but do the young people over there even care about that family?

Hedwig

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,592 93 122
Alleybux
I hope. Im not from the UK but do the young people over there even care about that family?

No I don’t think youngsters care for the BRF. Neither do some of the young adults. I don’t think it will be this year it collapses though. I think once QE2 passes, it will be the commonwealth that become republics first followed by the UK. Neither of the next two heirs are popular. I think Charles will be the last King.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,481 28 9
Alleybux
No I don’t think youngsters care for the BRF. Neither do some of the young adults. I don’t think it will be this year it collapses though. I think once QE2 passes, it will be the commonwealth that become republics first followed by the UK. Neither of the next two heirs are popular. I think Charles will be the last King.
They’re not royalty to me! I need every single island to decolonize themselves from europe.

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,733 2,681 178
Alleybux
I think after the Queen dies, that's it for them. I doubt Charles is ever crowned King.

qwert3

The highest, most exalted one, the best.
Reaction score
Reactions
11,170 53 21
Alleybux
I hope so tbh. I really want a republic.

LE ROI

놀자
Reaction score
Reactions
21,883 309 159
Alleybux
I mean, we’ll see. Besides, they’re not the only royals in Europe that benefited from slavery or colonialism. There’s Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Luxembourg, and Liechtenstein. Why would the BRF fall if others don’t fall as well?

magicbeens

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,466 95 19
Alleybux
I mean, we’ll see. Besides, they’re not the only royals in Europe that benefited from slavery or colonialism. There’s Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Luxembourg, and Liechtenstein. Why would the BRF fall if others don’t fall as well?

this is true. i guess im only mentioning the brf bc that's where im from. i feel like if all the royal families r abolished it has to start somewhere and i have a feeling it might b the the uk first. but that's just me theory

Fionacaved

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
5,604 40 59
Alleybux
A lot of Brits hate the monarchy -- especially working class, non-English Brits. The Welsh, Scottish and Irish young, old and in between view them as the biggest moochers in the country who have stopped them, their culture, history, their language from thriving. The royal family committed some atrocities in these three other places (I know we know of what they did in the colonies). It continues to do so. Ireland and Scotland are under heavy surveillance because they riot so much against the monarchy and England (that's why they're fans of overthrowing powers and always have been). Wales bent the knee long ago and got the special title 'municipality' which translates to: England will allocate you some asinine powers to play with and keep you busy. If you don't kick up a fuss like Ireland and Scotland, I'll make sure you're never as poorly funded as them.

seleishere

'I'm sure we're taller in another dimension'
Reaction score
Reactions
82,027 1,421 566
Alleybux
I doubt it. Literally everything that makes them British is woven into the royal family including all those lands

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,203 10,054
Alleybux

i was so damn happy seeing that racist slave owner statue get thrown into the river and it the poetic justice for it to be thrown into a river named after an enslaved African. sensational.

but i was wondering if we may see the collapse of the british royal family this year bc they have been/are the biggest benefactors of racism. and our taxes go to keeping them living lavishly.

All this because a half black woman married into the royal family and then left with the second son of the future king?

Would you be asking this if Harry married a white chick who was bullied half to death and left?

I doubt it. :disdain:

Sallie Blair

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
449,385 14,182 6,599
Alleybux
The only time England has gotten rid of a king is because of religion lol (Charles I and James II). The Windsors aren't going anywhere. If anything, Brexit and the continued dominance of the Tory Party is proof that the conservative, right-wing element is strong. I'd only bank on Scotland separating from the UK.

kirroyale

Wine is fine, but liquor is quicker
Reaction score
Reactions
138,942 5,351 156
Alleybux
I doubt it. Literally everything that makes them British is woven into the royal family including all those lands

Yup. Seems like there is a huge gulf between not caring about them and taking the steps necessary to actually remove them. They don't bother people enough to do the latter so for $1 pp they will continue to be the UK's soap opera chew toy.

Hobbit

Whatever b!tch!
Reaction score
Reactions
10,985 448 69
Alleybux
I don't think it'll collapse after the Queen.

No, I don't think they'll be disappearing any time soon.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Whatever b!tch!
Reaction score
Reactions
10,985 448 69
Alleybux
They’re not royalty to me! I need every single island to decolonize themselves from europe.

I hope this happens while the Queen is still alive :love: and other countries like Canada and New Zealand + Australia fµck right out too.

Nothing would make me happier.

michelle0187

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,712 1,916 2,056
Alleybux
It’s a long process to abolish the monarchy and the queen or whoever is on the throne signature is needed. Protests, removing statues and online critics won’t help much.

VampiraDelaine

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
62,814 2,148 438
Alleybux
Honestly, once people start toppling some of the symbols of racism and privilege like the statues of lauded slave traders, it's only a skip, hop and jump to them throwing sh!t and other projectiles at Buckingham Palace, and hopefully toppling the monarchy. I'm hoping the Brits will take this opportunity to truly fµck sh!t up.

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,733 2,681 178
Alleybux
Honestly, once people start toppling some of the symbols of racism and privilege like the statues of lauded slave traders, it's only a skip, hop and jump to them throwing sh!t and other projectiles at Buckingham Palace, and hopefully toppling the monarchy. I'm hoping the Brits will take this opportunity to truly fµck sh!t up.

Yep and with the UK also facing a recession, folk might take a hard look at why the royal family costs taxpayers over 80 million dollars and whether they are truly worth the money.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,725 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
Yep and with the UK also facing a recession, folk might take a hard look at why the royal family costs taxpayers over 80 million dollars and whether they are truly worth the money.
Also tours because they are soft ambassadors won’t hold up anymore

Rainn87

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
198,724 1,708 494
Alleybux

I hope this happens. After QEII passes, I don't see the need for any British taxpayer to keep funding the lifestyles of Prince Charles and mistress turned wife. Neither do they need to spend one cent on his lazy uninspired heir William and dimwitted wife Kate. They all have swindled enough millions to last a couple lifetimes. At this point,they need survive on their own.

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,650 2,693 348
Alleybux

The Netherlands especially needs to reckon with its history.

But some things that make the BRF more vulnerable.
  • It is more visible than the other houses, so everyone is watching them.
  • The other houses actually do more "work." The Spanish one has the King and Queen meeting with more important folks. So does the Dutch one.
  • Their houses are smaller. Usually, the working royals are the King, The Queen, and then the Crown Prince/Princess. In the BRF there is The Queen, Prince Zombie, First in Line Prince Charles + Consort, Second in Line Prince William + Consort, The Wessexes, Anne's Family and heck the Kents do work for them!?!?!!?!?

Anyways, I'm not pro-Monarchy and I would have an entire laugh if William with all his petty games didn't end up on the throne.

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,650 2,693 348
Alleybux
I hope this happens while the Queen is still alive :love: and other countries like Canada and New Zealand + Australia fµck right out too.

Nothing would make me happier.

Yeah like why is that 94 year old pedophile apologist and horse gambler our head of state?

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,650 2,693 348
Alleybux
The only time England has gotten rid of a king is because of religion lol (Charles I and James II). The Windsors aren't going anywhere. If anything, Brexit and the continued dominance of the Tory Party is proof that the conservative, right-wing element is strong. I'd only bank on Scotland separating from the UK.

I would also love to see that.

Watch the UK become England and Northern Ireland.

Selkirk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
48,800 1,688 638
Alleybux
I doubt it 1000 year old institution has seen worse. They’ll just draw the bridge and wait it out like their doing now. The entire Commonwealth needs to brake away before we start to see them panic.

oumoub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,519 986 348
Alleybux
2020 has shown anything is possible.
Whew! If QEII dies this year, it’ll be a trip!
I agree with the other poster though. If she dies, it’ll be tough to maintain the BRF, at least as it is now.

seleishere

'I'm sure we're taller in another dimension'
Reaction score
Reactions
82,027 1,421 566
Alleybux
Whew! If QEII dies this year, it’ll be a trip!
I agree with the other poster though. If she dies, it’ll be tough to maintain the BRF, at least as it is now.
She is not going anywhere for another decade at least. She is in better health than Charles so she may outlive him

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,733 2,681 178
Alleybux
She is not going anywhere for another decade at least. She is in better health than Charles so she may outlive him

Yep and Elizabeth's husband Philip just turned 99 this past Wednesday.

I know Charles is sittin' there like this lol

giphy.gif

Autumn Melody

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,497 513 170
Alleybux
All this because a half black woman married into the royal family and then left with the second son of the future king?

Would you be asking this if Harry married a white chick who was bullied half to death and left?

I doubt it. :disdain:

I've been wanting to have them dismantled since that Paedo Andrew still gets coddled by the Queen.

Remmy45

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,774 5,703 6,733
Alleybux

The monarchy generates money to keep themselves a float tank they share that wealth with the people

Remmy45

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,774 5,703 6,733
Alleybux
A lot of Brits hate the monarchy -- especially working class, non-English Brits. The Welsh, Scottish and Irish young, old and in between view them as the biggest moochers in the country who have stopped them, their culture, history, their language from thriving. The royal family committed some atrocities in these three other places (I know we know of what they did in the colonies). It continues to do so. Ireland and Scotland are under heavy surveillance because they riot so much against the monarchy and England (that's why they're fans of overthrowing powers and always have been). Wales bent the knee long ago and got the special title 'municipality' which translates to: England will allocate you some asinine powers to play with and keep you busy. If you don't kick up a fuss like Ireland and Scotland, I'll make sure you're never as poorly funded as them.
They aren't though, they generate revenue through tourism, real estate, and investments

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,650 2,693 348
Alleybux
Considering the new COVID developments, the Brexit measures, the increase in child hunger and the incoming requests to arrest Prince Andrew, 2021 will be a terrible year for the Royals.

Nemophil

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,818 76 13
Alleybux
Considering the new COVID developments, the Brexit measures, the increase in child hunger and the incoming requests to arrest Prince Andrew, 2021 will be a terrible year for the Royals.

Yes, they are supposed to represent and support the people outside of politics, but instead they've shown strict adherence to Tory values. I'm not just talking about conservatism, because of course they are conservative, I'm referring to not saying a single word about the BLM/ civil rights movement, refusing to mask up on every public occasion to set a strong example in a public health crisis, the looming Brexit disaster that's scaring the crap out of people, ignoring child hunger and growing poverty... These problems shouldn't be politicised; they are serious public health and human rights issues facing millions of HMQ's subjects, and yet she and her family have refused to touch on them.

Ignoring these things are Tory directives, but as monarch the Queen should have ignored those orders and figured out how she and her enormously privileged family could have stepped up and helped in meaningful ways.

This is where they've gone seriously wrong, in my opinion. And considering the future future monarch, William, has had a revolving door of hardline Tory politicians on staff, this refusal to de-politicise their approach is not going to change anytime soon. To their detriment.

To sum up, I don't think the monarchy will fall, but I think the actual size of the kingdom will shrink steadily and significantly following QE2. They just don't have what it takes to reflect important values outside of what matters to an increasingly irrelevant, unbalanced, overly-conservative England.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,725 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
Yes, they are supposed to represent and support the people outside of politics, but instead they've shown strict adherence to Tory values. I'm not just talking about conservatism, because of course they are conservative, I'm referring to not saying a single word about the BLM/ civil rights movement, refusing to mask up on every public occasion to set a strong example in a public health crisis, the looming Brexit disaster that's scaring the crap out of people, ignoring child hunger and growing poverty... These problems shouldn't be politicised; they are serious public health and human rights issues facing millions of HMQ's subjects, and yet she and her family have refused to touch on them.

Ignoring these things are Tory directives, but as monarch the Queen should have ignored those orders and figured out how she and her enormously privileged family could have stepped up and helped in meaningful ways.

This is where they've gone seriously wrong, in my opinion. And considering the future future monarch, William, has had a revolving door of hardline Tory politicians on staff, this refusal to de-politicise their approach is not going to change anytime soon. To their detriment.

To sum up, I don't think the monarchy will fall, but I think the actual size of the kingdom will shrink steadily and significantly following QE2. They just don't have what it takes to reflect important values outside of what matters to an increasingly irrelevant, unbalanced, overly-conservative England.
So basically their relevancy will shrink.