Quantcast

Family horrified by video of boy with autism getting beaten in school bus

Summer Sweetie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
315,844 45,157 6,446
Alleybux
HONOLULU (KHON2) — There is new and disturbing footage of a boy, who is on the autism spectrum, getting kicked and punched on a Hawaii school bus.
The boy’s family released the video because they believe there are more victims and that the State and the school bus company are covering it up.

[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]

The boy is a student at Roosevelt High School. His father says he knew something was wrong when his son started acting aggressively when he came home and he did not want to ride the bus anymore.

The father was horrified when his attorney obtained video evidence from the school bus company Roberts Hawaii. Kahi Logan did not want us to show his son’s face, who was 16 years old in the video from 2020.

He noticed bruises on his son’s leg for months, but his son was not able to tell him because he has a hard time communicating.

“As soon as I saw the video, I knew where those bruises were coming from. It was when she was kicking him,” said Logan.

Roberts Hawaii told Logan that the woman has been fired, but he filed a lawsuit against them and the Department of Education. His attorney believes there could be other victims and incidents, but he was told that all other videos have been recorded over.

“I really feel that this was an ongoing thing and it was covered up, and part of that cover up was the intentional destruction of the videos,” said attorney Fred Arensmeyer.
The woman was arrested for assault, according to the lawsuit. Logan says the prosecutor’s office initially told him that the video was not enough evidence to prove assault beyond a reasonable doubt.

“That’s when I really was like there’s no justice. This is an innocent child and this lady is twice the size of my child and he’s begging her to stop. How is that not illegal?” said Logan.

KHON2 sent the video to the current prosecutor, Steve Alm, who took office in December, 2020. A spokesman says, “After viewing the video, we will be putting fresh eyes on this case to determine whether to file charges… the statute of limitations has not yet run and charges can be filed, if appropriate.”
The State says it cannot comment on a pending lawsuit. Roberts Hawaii did not respond to calls from KHON2.

Mahoganybrown44

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,275 424 224
Alleybux
What an absolutely disgusting human. My prayers to that young man and I hope charges are filed. No excuses...

Balloo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,731 3,539 1,102
Alleybux
God people are so sick. She needs to be murdered.

Something similar happened to my friend's autistic brother and it put him off the rails for life...like he never recovered and all the progress they made before the abuse was undone. It's extremely evil to abuse people who are struggling so much already. Think of everything his parents did to help him with his disability and find a way to live, only for some pyschopath to give him serious trauma that puts him all the way back.

They really need to create a protected class of people who if you are caught abusing, you receive a much higher sentance.

jeansaprincess

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
100,270 8,050 3,966
Alleybux
I think people who harm vulnerable children, special needs children and adults and the elderly should get the harshest sentence allowed. I can’t watch that video. Disgusting

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
Public schools need to be shuttered. This vulnerable young person should never be out of the care, custody, control and watchful eye of their parents. You cannot trust strangers with non-disabled children, let alone disabled children.