Quantcast

Family Karma season 2

Kikos

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
The tea Bali spilt was very interesting. I always like learning more behind the scenes stuff. So, I guess Monica really wanted to come off as very conservative for the show because I remember them asking about her dating life season 1 and she totally brushed it off and said she wasn't. But looks like she was. My only thing was she trying to figure out things with Brian and Rish...or was the Brian love interest thing just for the show. Brian's mom seemed super offended that Monica said she wasn't interested and Monica's and Brian's interactions seemed to show something more. But I can see how it could be for a storyline, and they just played out their complicated back and forth which Monica said had gone on for years.

Whats happening with Monica and Anisha also reminds me what happened with the Shahs group and Asa. They grew very frustrated that Asa didnt show aspects of her life esp regarding her relationship. It can be frustrating when you are putting things out there and someone else is trying to curate a perfect image or you feel the person's real story is better and more interesting. I mean everyone wants a good show. The other thing is that it could very well be that Rish's family or Rish didn't want to be on the show initially because of the craziness of reality TV. He seems more introverted and more mellow for reality TV. Also could be maybe their relationship was too new or maybe Monica was trying to just date and see what was out there and didnt want to come off a certain way on the show.

Funny thing, I think Anisha's and Monica's feedback to each other (though the deliveries could have been better) actually influenced each other. Anisha had a nice little glow up and went Veg and Monica this season is starting to be more open. I think the Monica storyline with her family dynamics has a lot of potential and the show prob has only just scratched the surface. But culturally I am sure it's hard to be an open book like that so not sure how much she'll show. I do hope they get a season 3.

Last edited:

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,721 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
I don’t negate anything you are saying. I definitely believe Monica has mommy issues and for whatever reason she has created some sort of narrative in her head that she has to go the distance to keep up appearances because of her parents divorce. I said this a few pages ago but Monica seems so stunted to me. Like I know she is in her late 20s but the way she behaves almost seems like she is stuck at 15 even the ways she talks to her parents and sometimes her choice in clothes. I’ve said countless times that what Monica did was low, but that doesn’t negate me being surprised with how Anisha reacted. It was completely low of Monica to go there but as I mentioned most folks are not going to react like that unless they feel a way. Not to mention, Anisha and Bali made it a point to go at Monica and for what? So what they thought she was phony? They always made it a point to take little digs at her knowing her fake ass was sensitive. What was the point? Again, I completely agree with your perspective on Monica. I think she is a nasty person and she is willing to do anything to look a certain way. All I am saying is Anisha and Monica are not that much different. They may have different ways of going about it, but at the end of the day both of them are trying to live up to expectations they feel they can never meet.
I see why folks may not agree with me and that’s cool, but I think there is some nuance we are missing from that dynamic and we will probably never know.
I'm curious, what does one have that the other wishes she had?

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,721 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
IMO that's exactly why Anisha was was so bothered, like the heffa REALLY went there - brought up the parents? Low key, Bali tried to say look we went along with your bs storyline even if you were messing around with another boy but that's on YOU.

There were so many jabs, I was OMG/WHU/OOO along with everyone else. They both said low ass things but I can say they're so quick witted and sharp in their individual ways. I think there is SO much more to their beef and they were trying to keep it cute for the show and ratings, too bad Monica didn't get the memo. She's so obtuse.

That said, Monica can gtfoh. I'd rather watch her parents go on dates (separately, of course lmao) versus her. Shoot, even Saks 5th Drake can come along for the eye candy. Brian trying to put himself in the biz but not helping Monica out was telling lmao.
Not sasks 5th drake, lmao!

Last edited:

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,331 11,271 1,506
Alleybux
That Monica is a nasty thing and she's the person she claims her mother is. I very rarely get along with women who don't have relationships with their mother and Monica embodies every aspect.

Vishal's mom is passive aggressive and her communication sucks.

I like that every time Brian's mom gets emotional, Mike immediately goes over to her.

Last edited:

Chanel_blue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
137,759 2,342 1,094
Alleybux
None of them came to her defense...very telling
Cause she's full of sh!t and they know she lies about her storylines. She literally used Brian last season. They all played along then she got upset when they all joked around with her while playing along.

If she didn't want to disrespect her relationship, she could've chosen another storyline.

Chanel_blue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
137,759 2,342 1,094
Alleybux
I don’t negate anything you are saying. I definitely believe Monica has mommy issues and for whatever reason she has created some sort of narrative in her head that she has to go the distance to keep up appearances because of her parents divorce. I said this a few pages ago but Monica seems so stunted to me. Like I know she is in her late 20s but the way she behaves almost seems like she is stuck at 15 even the ways she talks to her parents and sometimes her choice in clothes. I’ve said countless times that what Monica did was low, but that doesn’t negate me being surprised with how Anisha reacted. It was completely low of Monica to go there but as I mentioned most folks are not going to react like that unless they feel a way. Not to mention, Anisha and Bali made it a point to go at Monica and for what? So what they thought she was phony? They always made it a point to take little digs at her knowing her fake ass was sensitive. What was the point? Again, I completely agree with your perspective on Monica. I think she is a nasty person and she is willing to do anything to look a certain way. All I am saying is Anisha and Monica are not that much different. They may have different ways of going about it, but at the end of the day both of them are trying to live up to expectations they feel they can never meet.
I see why folks may not agree with me and that’s cool, but I think there is some nuance we are missing from that dynamic and we will probably never know.
Anisha said they were in a good place so she had no idea why Monica would try and put that type of narrative out there.

Bali straight up exposed her by saying it had nothing to do with anyone's parents and everything to do with playing along with her fake storyline. Brian didn't even defend her cause Bali said the truth.

If we didn't like each other but were trying the be cool, don't turn around and say some sh!t like that. It's one thing if it's petty sh!t, it's another when you're dragging my mom into it. A lot of people don't play when it comes to their mother.

I'm not saying Anisha isn't a mean girl, cause she is. She always makes smart ass comments and tries to pass it off as a joke. On top of that she's annoying. Her rudeness is usually petty and surface level. She also hasn't done low blows like Monica constantly does. I'm sure she could easily talk about not only how fake Monica is but her family as well, she never takes it there

Dani Phantom

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,750 799 265
Alleybux
I wouod agree if everyone else didn't seem so put off by Monicas comment to Anisha...I felt like you at first then had to switch bc even though I don’t feel its a big deal its obvious that it was...

I can see that point. I just can't take them being offended by Monica's comment seriously while they spent the beginning of the season feeling a way about Vishal telling Dillion off and not be put off by the comments Dillion was making.

Imma stick to being Team No One in this, Monica got her issues and Anisha is hella annoying.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
243,897 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
Although I'm in the camp of both Anisha and Monica contributing to their dislike of one another, I do think that both can benefit from therapy:
  • Anisha--to delve deep into why the "perfect Indian girl" is such a trigger to her. Frankly, if it weren't Monica, it'd be some other woman that'd be on the receiving end of her passive-aggression. While I'm all for her taking control of her life instead of allowing things to happen, I do think that she has more work to do so that she can be truly be comfortable in the driver's seat of her life as she approaches 40.
  • Monica--to delve deep into the real reasons why she resents the woman who birthed and raised her, why she's placed her father on a pedestal to the point where she finds zero fault in him, why she's internalized their long-ago divorce to the point where she thinks it a blight on her character/existence instead of the reality of two people who no longer wanted to be married to one another, and why she's seeking surrogate mother figures/families at her big age. She may not see it now, but all of the above will help her ease into the life that she desperately wants instead of forcing herself into a role while always looking over her shoulder in fear that someone might expose her as a fraud.

tenor.gif

You're welcome, Anisha and Monica.

Lolazee

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Although I'm in the camp of both Anisha and Monica contributing to their dislike of one another, I do think that both can benefit from therapy:
  • Anisha--to delve deep into why the "perfect Indian girl" is such a trigger to her. Frankly, if it weren't Monica, it'd be some other woman that'd be on the receiving end of her passive-aggression. While I'm all for her taking control of her life instead of allowing things to happen, I do think that she has more work to do so that she can be truly be comfortable in the driver's seat of her life as she approaches 40.
  • Monica--to delve deep into the real reasons why she resents the woman who birthed and raised her, why she's placed her father on a pedestal to the point where she finds zero fault in him, why she's internalized their long-ago divorce to the point where she thinks it a blight on her character/existence instead of the reality of two people who no longer wanted to be married to one another, and why she's seeking surrogate mother figures/families at her big age. She may not see it now, but all of the above will help her ease into the life that she desperately wants instead of forcing herself into a role while always looking over her shoulder in fear that someone might expose her as a fraud.

tenor.gif

You're welcome, Anisha and Monica.
This is a really good analysis of the two

lady_tee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,839 1,273 67
Alleybux
Very sad about Richa's sister cutting them off like that after getting into a relationship/marriage? But it's very common sometimes, especially if the spouse is very controlling. They isolate the other party from their family.

This show really highlights that dysfunctional family stuff happens in these immigrant/second generation families just as much as everyone else. It's good to see because Indians/Asians have this reputation of being family first, etc, but it has drastically changed with them migrating to Western countries, etc. Between this show, Bling Empire and the HBO Max show about a wealthy Vietnamese family in Texas, they are finally blowing the lid off of that stereotype.

What's the tv wealthy Vietnamese family show called?
Thanks

locdempress

They both look like dirty potatoes with eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
223,150 5,528 152
Alleybux
What's the tv wealthy Vietnamese family show called?
Thanks
I think she is talking about House of Ho. I probably should have waited for her to answer you but I watch that show too so I think it's that one.

SeafoodBoil

SWERFs and T3RFs will save the world
Reaction score
Reactions
625 82 1
Alleybux
Hopefully they'll get an actual reunion for it.
I'm hoping too. Bravo behaves like they don't even want people to watch the show
But I am SUPER excited to hear about S3...hopefully it's also longer than 9 episodes 'cuz I'm still thinking about contacting Prime Video for a refund :rolleyes:

BlkGrlLux444

Material Gworl
Reaction score
Reactions
12,194 620 372
Alleybux
Finally seeing some of this season’s epis and damn…Indians are boring af!! I knew this from working with them but not sure why this show was renewed :laugh2 Half the men are gay including that girl’s daddy. At least that one guy is living his truth!

blackice82

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
47,789 659 70
Alleybux
Finally seeing some of this season’s epis and damn…Indians are boring af!! I knew this from working with them but not sure why this show was renewed :laugh2 Half the men are gay including that girl’s daddy. At least that one guy is living his truth!
Season 3 premieres tonight.

Kiwigrl89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,042 215 9
Alleybux
I mean we really watch this show for the parents, not the kids, lmaooooooo. Glad to see it's back tonight tho

peekaboo29

Came for the tea, stayed for the shade.
Reaction score
Reactions
317,138 10,843 2,725
Alleybux
It’s tone to catch up with my family karma favorites!!
Anisha don’t just got a man she fit a HUSBAND! She announced at Bravocon she had a small wedding on 20 people and still has realeased his name. I’m glad she was able to do it while her grandparents are still living. I hope her mom at least got to choose the food. :joy:

Brian is about to “date” this older woman who clearly just wants to be on the show. I think Dharma can chill and let this one end on its own…because it will. As soon she gets a better or more a permanent storyline option. :joy:

Bali and Anuschka looked good the whole trip!

I wish the Patel’s came but I know they’re not as close with Vischal after that bullying stuff he pulled last season on Dylan. I wonder if they’ll be on the show now that it seems like Rischa and Lopa finally got the full time cast slots they’ve been working for since season 1.