Father used infant son as human shield in shootout with cops: report

BklynNative421

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,312 6,262 27
Alleybux
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1390051623880232960?s=19

A heartless father accused of abducting his infant son used the boy as a human shield during a shootout with Mississippi police, according to a report.

Eric Derell Smith, 30, allegedly kidnapped 4-month-old La’Mello Parker on Monday after police say he fatally shot his ex-girlfriend, Christin Parker, 32, and her 26-year-old nephew, Brandon Parker, near Baker, Louisiana, WALA reported.

Smith was later spotted on Interstate 10 near the Louisiana-Mississippi state line, setting off a police chase that ended in Harrison County with him using his biological son as a human shield from officers’ gunfire, a law enforcement source told the station.

Smith died in the shootout with Biloxi police, while his son was pronounced dead early Tuesday morning.

“Despite the efforts of medical staff, the child passed away as a result of the injuries sustained,” Biloxi police said in a statement. “As stated, the investigation is ongoing at this time.”

The boy’s autopsy was scheduled for Wednesday to determine his exact cause of death, WLOX reported.

Christin Parker and her nephew were gunned down at Parker’s home in an unincorporated area of Baton Rouge Parish near Baker, Louisiana, WLOX reported.

A Biloxi police officer and a Harrison County sheriff’s deputy who were involved in the shootout with Smith are on now administrative leave, WALA reported

Weave Wonder

Come Correct if you Groan!
Reaction score
Reactions
56,196 2,458 449
Alleybux
There's a special place in hell for this man.

I agree with someone else, though: why were the cops still shooting at the man whilst he held up the child?

kealoha

let this hell be our heaven.
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
59,777 1,058 152
Alleybux
What in the actual hell?! That's one demon.
I'll forever be upset with the fact that evil people get to have kids, others who would make loving parents, are dying to have.

All the cops must've seen was "black" so they could care LESS about a baby being there! The cops are just as evil for shooting at the baby. This is disturbing.
Poor baby, ugh.

Ava Gardner

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,842 126 25
Alleybux
Oh no! When I first heard about this whole thing, the poor baby was in stable condition. That Eric man is an evil bastard. Kidnapped the baby and then the baby up because the punk couldn’t handle being shot. He didn’t have a gun pointed at them so you mean to tell me they couldn’t had killed him without shooting the baby? May the baby, the baby’s mother, and nephew rest in peace.

Eminem

Slim Shady
Reaction score
Reactions
169,083 10,079 5,127
Alleybux
this is more common than you'd think. that one guy from Boyz n Da Hood who was in a wheelchair was handicap in real life b/c when he was 6 a man used him as a human shield and he was shot.

cuntie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
49,403 581 97
Alleybux
What type of evil bastard would do something like this? Like this is beyond evil and it's disgusting! People are so evil and deranged..how can you do that to any child but especially to your own son?! Both jail and the death penalty is too good for this asshole, he really does deserve hell on Earth for this

UmmRuqayyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,107 15,671 121
Alleybux
This is upsetting. I can’t imagine the pain the baby went thru as he’s being murdered. New life and this is how he treated him like as if he was nothing to him

chickfila89

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,749 2,506 302
Alleybux
Omg that poor baby. Why did I read this? Ugh. fµck this man for murdering his baby’s mother and nephew and then taking his child on a damn pursuit!! And damn the police for shooting at him while he had the baby (his b!tch ass thought it would had saved him). I’m so angry at this

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,676 13,172 1,667
Alleybux
Never trust police initial accounts.
What jumps out to me is what is not said. The police are shooting at a baby that was being used as a shield but they're not explicitly saying that he was shooting at police
And the police make no effort to explain why they were shooting knowing there was an infant with him.

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,244 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
This is like India Kager in Virginia Beach all over again. Her newborn son’s father was being investigated for a murder, and the cops had been tracking him all day so they knew that she, an innocent woman and the baby were in the car. When the pulled into a 7 Eleven, they alleged the baby daddy pulled a gun on the cops so they responded with over 40 rounds fired, filled the car with lead. India’s son was lucky in the sense that he was miraculously unharmed by the bullets, but he was around the same age as this baby boy so he has no memories of his mother.

In both cases, the armed and dangerous fathers put their infants directly into harms way, BUT also the police knew there were innocents involved and didn’t even attempt to strategize a way to get the person they wanted while saving innocents.

same ole bs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,990 4,662 2,883
Alleybux
This is like India Kager in Virginia Beach all over again. Her newborn son’s father was being investigated for a murder, and the cops had been tracking him all day so they knew that she, an innocent woman and the baby were in the car. When the pulled into a 7 Eleven, they alleged the baby daddy pulled a gun on the cops so they responded with over 40 rounds fired, filled the car with lead. India’s son was lucky in the sense that he was miraculously unharmed by the bullets, but he was around the same age as this baby boy so he has no memories of his mother.

In both cases, the armed and dangerous fathers put their infants directly into harms way, BUT also the police knew there were innocents involved and didn’t even attempt to strategize a way to get the person they wanted while saving innocents.
I live in the 757 and I'm familiar with the India Kager incident. Her and her baby daddy, Angelo Perry, had traveled to Va Beach from Maryland because he was going to kill someone. Perry had served a 12 year prison sentence for shooting someone in the back. Perry opened fire first on the cops first while him, India, and their 4 month old son were in the vehicle. Cops returned fire killing him and India. Their baby was unharmed.