Quantcast

Fifth Harmony Actually Has Potential

Hugs and Kisses

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
103,188 7,528 7,480
Alleybux
Their song and performance on Ellen is actually great. They all sound great, are in synchrony and have stage presence. I never really paid them any attention until now, but LA Reid has been developing them quite well.

https://youtu.be/-XqrD6y1N1s

I am also taking into account the performance standards for today's entertainers. If you compare them to people like Michael Jackson, then you are obviously not going to think too highly of their performance or see their potential.

Ashley Banks

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
192,122 2,379 160
Alleybux
When they first came out I wrote them off as a fail, but they have some cute songs (I like their newest song). They also seem to get along well, and have nice personalities.

popculturegirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
92,466 6,976 1,627
Alleybux
That is why the group seemingly being on the rocks is so disappointing to those who keep up with them, because the potential has always been there. A lot of people look at them now and think they aren't united but there was a time when these girls had brilliant chemistry with each other. It's still shocking now to see how awkward Camila has appeared with the other four in more recent times. No one is blond in the group, I think that also is a big factor. The Spice Girls proved that a seemingly "best friends" vibe can help a group take off, especially if the music is right.

Gulp

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,019 252 124
Alleybux
That is why the group seemingly being on the rocks is so disappointing to those who keep up with them, because the potential has always been there. A lot of people look at them now and think they aren't united but there was a time when these girls had brilliant chemistry with each other. It's still shocking now to see how awkward Camila has appeared with the other four in more recent times. No one is blond in the group, I think that also is a big factor. The Spice Girls proved that a seemingly "best friend" vibe can help a group take off, especially if the music is right.

Very true, there's still something missing in the group that's not allowing them to take off like how I know they can. They need to be more united in a sense or more outgoing with each other, like how tlc and spice girls were , people hate seeing group members fight especially if they can blend songs together really good. Hopefully they have longevity I like them.

Sammie18

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,419 517 535
Alleybux
The first girl voice is sqeaky and annoying

Normani - Best Dancer

Dinah - Best Voice

the other one - Forgettable

Red jacket - Her body shape is just, lordt

Crack Rock

So Sweet
Reaction score
Reactions
2,808 119 272
Alleybux
As long as they don't do no 3LW sh!t and do the black girl wrong I see it for them.

Sammie18

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,419 517 535
Alleybux
Very true, there's still something missing in the group that's not allowing them to take off like how I know they can. They need to be more united in a sense or more outgoing with each other, like how tlc and spice girls were , people hate seeing group members fight especially if they can blend songs together really good. Hopefully they have longevity I like them.

What's missing is they all don't look as if they belong in the group and don't fit, plus there's no clear direction on what they want the girls to be or direction they want them to go. They're much more of individual girl group and than a cohesive girl group.

TLC, DC4-3, En Vogue, Spice Girls, SWV, PCD. All individuals in these girl groups were able to stand out and express their personalities in their own way and show off their talents/skills, but still looked like a group, these girls however dont.

SitNSip

Mother of Cultural Icon Blue Ivy Carter
Reaction score
Reactions
67,873 990 335
Alleybux
When they first came out I wrote them off as a fail, but they have some cute songs (I like their newest song). They also seem to get along well, and have nice personalities.

The tiny brunette is a racist and they all hate her lmao

AGoofyMovie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,792 112 39
Alleybux
[video]https://youtu.be/zTmRWxFNHIo[/video]

I would say that this is their best performance (live). You could tell the audience was hype-- they were singing along with the group and the choreography was tight. This group has a great stage presence. I'm slowly becoming a fan of Fifth Harmony. I mean, I only know two of their biggest singles because I'm a casual fan right now but I'm watching them to see if they continue to grow as artists.

I like the black girl Normani and I can tell that her passion is dancing. Whenever there is a dance break (like during the rap parts), she gets to be in the front and center and she gets to lead the dance, whether in music videos or in a live performance. And I think she's happy with that.

Comply2MyWishes

Dont be a boobpunch
Reaction score
Reactions
735 13 5
Alleybux
the need to get rid of camille she cant sing consistently and ally is an eyesore unfortunately i think dinah , lauren and normani could really do thangs if it was a trio

Crack Rock

So Sweet
Reaction score
Reactions
2,808 119 272
Alleybux
Naaaaa little mix sh!ts on them both lookswise and talent wise..they just can't cross over
Bish whet?
article_0_18_C0959_C000005_DC_299_634x582.jpg

Sammie18

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,419 517 535
Alleybux
the need to get rid of camille she cant sing consistently and ally is an eyesore unfortunately i think dinah , lauren and normani could really do thangs if it was a trio

I was thinking the same thing. LIke I said there is little to no direction on what each of these girls are supposed to bring to the table.

Crack Rock

So Sweet
Reaction score
Reactions
2,808 119 272
Alleybux
Wow, really? I've only seen them on red carpets doing their brief interviews, so they hide it well. What did ol girl say?
They found tweets of some random fan account she had where she said the word !!!!! a little too loosely.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,828 14 12
Alleybux
[video]https://youtu.be/zTmRWxFNHIo[/video]

I would say that this is their best performance (live). You could tell the audience was hype-- they were singing along with the group and the choreography was tight. This group has a great stage presence. I'm slowly becoming a fan of Fifth Harmony. I mean, I only know two of their biggest singles because I'm a casual fan right now but I'm watching them to see if they continue to grow as artists.

I like the black girl Normani and I can tell that her passion is dancing. Whenever there is a dance break (like during the rap parts), she gets to be in the front and center and she gets to lead the dance, whether in music videos or in a live performance. And I think she's happy with that.

Point blank she's their best performer so she has to be up front or in the middle-it draws your eyes away from the girls who can barely do an eight count.

I see them doing her wrong tbh. Their management is pressed on making the two white girls the stars and the other ones the background singers.

bravebird1

Hello It's Me
Reaction score
Reactions
9,158 151 81
Alleybux
What's missing is they all don't look as if they belong in the group and don't fit, plus there's no clear direction on what they want the girls to be or direction they want them to go. They're much more of individual girl group and than a cohesive girl group.

TLC, DC4-3, En Vogue, Spice Girls, SWV, PCD. All individuals in these girl groups were able to stand out and express their personalities in their own way and show off their talents/skills, but still looked like a group, these girls however dont.

I grew up on 90s girl groups TLC, SWV, Xscape, Total, Brownstone & many others. The problem with this group is that none of the members have any individual identity. Also, there's too many members if the group limited its members to 4 instead it would work I think. To be honest the lead vocalist is mediocre at best and the group has no strong vocalist.

Girl + Boy bands are very white washed these days Normani needs to go solo & leave these ladies & collab with a hot rapper to create a wicked track she is the only member I think that is not being utilized.

cosmiclatte

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
296,596 13,126 4,050
Alleybux
That performance had the potential to be good but it feel flat and was messy. This is my fave performance by them:
[video]https://youtu.be/-wWW186Zcu4[/video]

Nedsdag

To my detractors, I salute you!
Reaction score
Reactions
118,795 2,886 1,271
Alleybux
Their song and performance on Ellen is actually great. They all sound great, are in synchrony and have stage presence. I never really paid them any attention until now, but LA Reid has been developing them quite well.

https://youtu.be/-XqrD6y1N1s

I am also taking into account the performance standards for today's entertainers. If you compare them to people like Michael Jackson, then you are obviously not going to think too highly of their performance or see their potential.
Don't tell the fonts in here this. They think if they're not on the level of the Cheetah Girls, then they are ZZZZ list.

Do they dance well? No. Do they harmonize well? Not really! Are they entertaining? I find them fun, but that's just me.

MichaelMYERS

Stalking Laurie Strode's ass since 1978
Reaction score
Reactions
309,210 4,736 1,693
Alleybux
They would if they cut out that racist troll and bad bodied one. Hell they can even keep the bad bodied one as long as they get rid of that yodeling hair flipping racist turd..

Reaction score
Reactions
2,828 14 12
Alleybux
She's the fan fave tho :dead:

Let's break it down, without the white girls screaming that she a lesbian, what does she have? Does she out dance Normani or out sing Dinah? Same goes for the other one who acts likes she's Beyonce when she a LaTavia at best, besides being white what's her other talent?

EarlyNoughts

Killin It
Reaction score
Reactions
14,570 339 64
Alleybux
How on earth does Normani work with Camila (did I get those names right?)? I wouldn't want to be next to someone that called me a slur.

TysonBeckWife

Well-Known Sugar Baby
Reaction score
Reactions
27,617 993 504
Alleybux
The first girl voice is sqeaky and annoying

Normani - Best Dancer

Dinah - Best Voice

the other one - Forgettable

Red jacket - Her body shape is just, lordt

red jacket girls bad dancing and stiffness was SO distracting.

everyone else did well

Dilettante

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,955 58 30
Alleybux
they need to pull a Destiny's Child and kick out KKKamilla and the Ally (the irrelevant one)

Kate Bush

Formerly "Unnie"
Reaction score
Reactions
113,244 1,890 883
Alleybux
What good is "potential" though? The industry is fickle, you need to have the IT factor as soon as you enter the biz. Ain't nobody got time to watch people grow into proper artists. I these girls are very mediocre and almost every aspect.

Oda Mae Brown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,135 1,637 622
Alleybux
I agree they may just need to go the trio route. Tbh Dinah and Normani are the only ones worth keeping. it's the same issue Kelly had on her last episode where Tricky said 5 girls maybe too many. Who works hard enough to know and love all five girls. With Spice Girls each had very obvious personality differences that the label played on and create images for each.

You can't compare PCD because let's be real all the other girls were Nicole's background dancers. Even though Melody was the one who could actually sing. Which is why I bothered to know who she was. I wouldn't be able to pick those other chicks out in a line up.

Ally's shape is so unfortunate. :sidefrown:

Flamboyant

subtle.
Reaction score
Reactions
93,810 1,282 376
Alleybux
Let's break it down, without the white girls screaming that she a lesbian, what does she have? Does she out dance Normani or out sing Dinah? Same goes for the other one who acts likes she's Beyonce when she a LaTavia at best, besides being white what's her other talent?

Who we talking about here? Camila or the other one, Lauren? I don't know much about these girls other than their names and who's liked the most. You asking the wrong person about talents and blah blah blah... I don't know nuthin'

misame08

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,589 1,502 614
Alleybux
wait, the racist one is the little dark haired one???? LMAO i remember i was watching the video for worth it and she looked so awkward trying to be sexy and was so stiff. yeah, they should kick her out. tbh i don't see them lasting at all, today's girl groups don't have the same longitivtiy as boy bands. their fanbase is going to be teenagers, and obviously teenage girls are more interested in boys rather than girls.

naomi (?) is beautiful though

Love Gun

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
186,751 3,452 682
Alleybux
As long as the short stumpy one who can't even walk in heels is in the group their performances will always suck.

TheOverAchiever

FormerlyMalikmaven
Reaction score
Reactions
611 8 7
Alleybux
camilla is the breakout star because she gets more attention in the media for her friendship with Taylor Swift. The Normani, Lauren, and Dinah trio could work but they're not just gonna kick the other two girls out the group despite the fact that it's obvious no one likes Camilla. I don't see it for any of them solo but Normani's best bet is to get up under somebody just like Camilla has done and start pursuing other ventures behind the scenes. Camilla already has a solo song with Shawn Mendes and has been making her own moves. This group won't last much longer because the camaraderie isn't there but they should all be seeking alternative employment by this time next year.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,828 14 12
Alleybux
Who we talking about here? Camila or the other one, Lauren? I don't know much about these girls other than their names and who's liked the most. You asking the wrong person about talents and blah blah blah... I don't know nuthin'

Tbh both. On Instagram and sh!t like that it's like those chicks are Rihanna and Beyonce when...need I say more?