Quantcast

Finally found a "cure" for my cramps

Mrs Jason Momoa

My husband is so sexy
Reaction score
Reactions
20,398 101 37
Alleybux
I took out my Nuva ring last monday, knowing I'd get my period Friday. I mainly did that because I didn't want to have my period on the days that I do zumba/pilates.
Thursday in class, I had a cramping feeling, letting me know I was getting my period soon, fir like 5 minutes.

I got my period friday morning like predicted. And I had NO cramps. at all. not one.

For the first time in my life, since I've gotten my period, I had no cramps. I'll be going on 18 years in Nov. (well, minus when I was on the depo shot)

I prefer to think it was the Pilates, as I don't want to continue doing Zumba once class ends (if I have to, I will)

I mean, I know I've heard before that working out can lessen the symptoms, but I thought that was only for women that worked out really hard. Like sports players.
Not someone like me that does Pilates a little less than 2 hours a week, and zumba a little less than 2 hours a week.

Also, I only had my period for 2 days.

I was actually thinking, that if it is the Pilates causing me to not have cramps, then I can stop using the Nuva ring.
But then I remember what my xes drive is like w/o birth control. I might start humping the walls. :dazed:

Mito

Over it ~ DNI
SUPER MODERATOR
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
106,843 713 120
Alleybux
But see, when I have cramps I don't feel like exercising. I just want to crawl in my bed and cry until the 6 Tylenol take effect.

NeNe HairPiece

Executive of Alaska
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
61,984 843 235
Alleybux
Intensive exercise, clean eating, hot tea (green or chamomile), and a heating pad work for me.

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,473 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Wait a minute, so are you not on birth control to prevent pregnancy? You're just on it to lessen cramps??
I'm lucky because I never struggled with cramps. The only thing I ever have is the pain when you can feel your egg leaving your ovary. I forget what it's called but it's generally over fast. Slight cramps every now and then when I'm ovulating or either a week or so before the cycle begins along with the bloating in your belly..you know, you just feel like your uterus is having shooting pains.
Midol does the trick for me. sh!t is magic. Masterbation is truly helps as well. It helps relax you, even if you don't feel xesual--who does during those cramps but, that orgasm blasts those cramps. Exercise also helps if I'm doing it religiously before the PMS. No way in hell you can move your body when your uterus is having target practice. :angry:

Makoto Kino

Sailor Jupiter
Reaction score
Reactions
117,031 2,252 628
Alleybux
I feel like the only girl who doesn't get cramps during her period. I do get them during ovulation, though.

Helga G.Pataki

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,030 657 94
Alleybux
my cramps dont play that exercise/ walk sh!t when they decide to come out swinging. One time i almost passed out from pain and had to carried home to my bed. SMH. i cant even walk straight, so i usually drug myself and sleep my period away.

Jasmine Benz

"Pick-Me" Hunter
Reaction score
Reactions
176,776 3,187 1,590
Alleybux
exercise and eating more veggies helped me. I use to be curled up in a corner crying...never getting sleep and dry heaving. Now...much better. I can go to work and live life normally.

Eat your greens ladies

SouthPaw

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,036 45 8
Alleybux
I swear before I read the OP i was going to come in here and say excercise cured my cramps and I have thee worst! Especially doing sit ups the week it's coming. I don't cramp at all! Glad you figured it out!

delicious11

Na me sabi!
Reaction score
Reactions
70,038 5,049 5,719
Alleybux
Does anyone have any tips make the blood flow faster? My P takes it sweet time coming out and it is so annoying. I would like mine done in three days but it takes nearly ten!

Grown Woman

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,345 92 124
Alleybux
Wait a minute, so are you not on birth control to prevent pregnancy? You're just on it to lessen cramps??
I'm lucky because I never struggled with cramps. The only thing I ever have is the pain when you can feel your egg leaving your ovary. I forget what it's called but it's generally over fast. Slight cramps every now and then when I'm ovulating or either a week or so before the cycle begins along with the bloating in your belly..you know, you just feel like your uterus is having shooting pains.
Midol does the trick for me. sh!t is magic. Masterbation is truly helps as well. It helps relax you, even if you don't feel xesual--who does during those cramps but, that orgasm blasts those cramps. Exercise also helps if I'm doing it religiously before the PMS. No way in hell you can move your body when your uterus is having target practice. :angry:

I always wondered whats that called. It hurts but once its out its like I feel free lol

SouthPaw

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,036 45 8
Alleybux
You work out BEFORE your period comes on! It PREVENTS the cramps from coming! Don't wait until they hit you. Do something about it before hand. It works!

SouthPaw

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,036 45 8
Alleybux
[MENTION=5541]Delicious[/MENTION] jogging or walking once or twice a day speeds up your period

Selina Kyle II

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
240,537 3,713 1,083
Alleybux
This helped me out too. I gained like 30 pounds in less than a year :sidefrown: and my cramps started kicking my ass. It got so bad that I was throwing up. I started working out last month and I didn't cramp at all. I've fallen off the truck these past few weeks so hopefully this upcoming one won't hurt. Butts and guts for me tomorrow. Wish me luck.

TOKOSSS

Kosa Leka!
Reaction score
Reactions
11,569 4 4
Alleybux
Does anyone have any tips make the blood flow faster? My P takes it sweet time coming out and it is so annoying. I would like mine done in three days but it takes nearly ten!
I have a heavy flow but my period lasts one week it's so unfair and the cramps:excruciating:

zapatos

Team Owner
SUPER MODERATOR
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
152,712 4,911 87
Alleybux

I always wondered whats that called.
It hurts but once its out its like I feel free lol
Mittelschmerz :)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittelschmerz"]Mittelschmerz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Hi5Perry

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,476 2,322 678
Alleybux
OTC drugs do nothing for me. The BC pills help a lot but the pain is still pretty bad, plus I spike of fever. I exercise 4-5 days/wk and I really haven't noticed a difference in my symptoms but great if it works for you
Do you use tampons? Mine goes faster when I use them round the clock as soon as it starts. They used to tell women not to wear them overnight but they're safe to keep in for up to 7-8hrs

Princefanxo

At the wrecka stow
Reaction score
Reactions
136,412 1,887 1,059
Alleybux
Yup exercize defineitely worked for me. I don't do it often any more but I used to do kickboxing regularly and when I was doing that and my abs were in better shape I didn't experience cramps.

Shoewhore

COCK HUNGRY DICK PIG
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
22,223 17 29
Alleybux
:shock: You take six Tylenol at the same time???

I've taken 2-3 flexiril and 2-4 hydrocodone IN ONE NIGHT because of my cramps. I was on the bathroom floor in a ball for about 5hrs. No lie. I felt like I had to poop but I didn't. I was vomiting. It hurt so bad I couldn't sit up straight or walk. I kept popping pills praying for them to kick in.

My cramps are HORRID. I've had them as bad as above about 4 times in the last year. I start getting cramps 1-2weeks before my period starts and then the day it starts I am CRIPPLED! I thought I was spared this time b/c I went to the bathroom and saw blood but didn't have major pain. The next day, I was in excruciating pain. Midol helps the pre-menstrual cramps and the milder ones while I have my period but I can't that anymore. Nor can I take the 800mg ibuprofen. So I'm stuck with tylenol. When the cramps are really bad, even hydrocodone doesn't work. Flexiril (muscle relaxer) takes the edge off and puts me to sleep so I'm oblvious. I'm sick of this sh!t.

Mrs Jason Momoa

My husband is so sexy
Reaction score
Reactions
20,398 101 37
Alleybux
But see, when I have cramps I don't feel like exercising. I just want to crawl in my bed and cry until the 6 Tylenol take effect.
yup. I've had the experiences of taking 6 pain relievers & not a damn cramp was stopped. (advil, aleve, tylenol, midol etc. I'm sure my liver hates me)
yup. see above. lol There have been times, before I was on birth control, where I would eat something as small as a piece of candy & be throwing up (3 or 4 times). It wasn't just cramps though, it was the unnecessary vomiting, diarrhea, excessive amount of saliva (that was also thick as hell). No thanks.

1 masturbation doesn't help me. It actually makes my cramps worse. (or it'll bring cramps when there was none)
2 you have to exercise before you get your period. ex: school started Aug 28th, whatever the wednesday after that was, that was when I started working out. And it's been 4 days a week since then. When I got my period, it was almost a month of working out. I worked out that mon, tues, wed & thurs, then got my period fri (I worked it out like that cuz I wasn't trying to do pilates, nor zumba during my period)

exercise and eating more veggies helped me. I use to be curled up in a corner crying...never getting sleep and dry heaving. Now...much better. I can go to work and live life normally.

Eat your greens ladies
yup. I used to dry heave too, if I didn't eat anything (regular vomiting if I did, this is before BC)

have xes? :dunno: I know there have been times when I had xes when my period was just about over, and after I had xes, it came right back.

BSTARR33

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,200 22 12
Alleybux

girl you can take my damn period. i mean i bleed like a slaughtered cow. even though it's fast, i have it for like 5 days. :disapointed:

Shoewhore

COCK HUNGRY DICK PIG
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
22,223 17 29
Alleybux
xes will definitely "bring it down". Many is the time I have been SICK for days waiting for that flow and as soon as I have xes, it comes within hours. xes with a tiny peen will also massage cramps away, allegedly. I heard from a friend.

I am taking a medication right that limits what I pain meds I can take. Midol is out along with ibuprofen and naproxen. Tylenol is a joke. My doctor told me to start taking Calcium citrate capsules, not the tablets. Hopefully that will help me some. My mom has plenty flexiril so I will continue with that when I need it and hopefully find a doctor who will prescribe it for me. Hydrocodone does nothing for the 1st day. Vicodin used to work a bit but it makes me itch like crazy.