Quantcast

Flight Attendant Claims Magic Johnson Fired Her For Being 7 Minutes Late

thegrimphreaker

A Well-Rounded Outcast...
Reaction score
Reactions
1,509 1
Alleybux
This story is fishy... Sounds like they wanted to replace her with the younger one... Men can be like that sometimes *shrugs*

Nobody knows what her flight schedule is, also what other type of demands. She said she didn't get ANY time to eat. For all we know, he could have told her not to eat while she was on flight with him.

I'd love to see all the claims she is making though... I'm sure she can find another private flight attendant job easy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LavenderJo21

Southern Hurricane
Reaction score
Reactions
13,249 28 12
Alleybux
He will fold. I'm sure she knows plenty. You can't just fire people who have been privy to your intimate dealings.

Nahhh she probably signed a contract to keep her mum about the things she sees while working for him. So if she does leak any info on top of this her ass is gonna get sued.

PrettyBoyFlizzy

I'm a GIRL, Damon!
Reaction score
Reactions
141,314 3,733 440
Alleybux
This is Magic Johnson. There is no flightplan. He IS the flightplan! The flight don't start until HE says it starts! Who is he kidding? He wasn't flying AA, its HIS plane! There is no "late" like she's holding him up when she's getting turkey for him! Besides that, Magic could have called the dam deli and ordered the turkey to be ready when she got there. I'm sure if the deli knew he was waiting on it, she would have been moved to the front of the line.

He just wanted the new girl, someone younger who probably wasn't reading the news back in 1992 and knows about his fire loins.

Either way, ole girl will get retired nicely to keep her mouth shut. No worries.

JoanClayton

Team Owner
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
244,050 2,760 187
Alleybux
Nahhh she probably signed a contract to keep her mum about the things she sees while working for him. So if she does leak any info on top of this her ass is gonna get sued.

Exactly. :laugh: Magic is shrewd as hell, do people really think this employee didn't sign an iron-clad confidentiality agreement when she started working for him? LMAO.

dlite00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,915 17 28
Alleybux
why do you all think she has personal tea? if her only contact with him was on flights i dont see how she would have info on his private life unless he was doing sh!t on the plane.

dlite00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,915 17 28
Alleybux
Excuse me, but being a flight attendant means tending to the passengers on a flight, correct? How does that equate to going to a deli to get special turkey for this mofo's sandwich?

It sounds like a setup to give them a reason to fire her and get a younger employee.

she wasnt working on a commercial flight, she was working for a individual on his private plane, he was paying her handsomely to make sure everything he wanted was on the plane for his flights and it was her responsibility to get it and have it there on time.there is no catering company dropping off packaged food for private planes, she had to get his food, prepare the meals and serve him for the few hours they were in the air.

NoirPrincess

Ray Reddington's Wife
Reaction score
Reactions
53,201 850 887
Alleybux
she wasnt working on a commercial flight, she was working for a individual on his private plane, he was paying her handsomely to make sure everything he wanted was on the plane for his flights and it was her responsibility to get it and have it there on time.there is no catering company dropping off packaged food for private planes, she had to get his food, prepare the meals and serve him for the few hours they were in the air.

I am aware this was a private jet. Where did I say anything about a catering service?

What I am pointing out, simply and clearly, is being just a flight attendant would keep the scope of work, physically speaking, in attending the flight, as the title suggests. If her duties extended beyond the plane, such as physically visiting stores/suppliers in order to purchase special materials and items her employer wanted, she could argue she was not just a flight attendant, but also required to act in the capacity of a stockperson, personal assistant, or something else.

If making sure those items were available to Magic, by any means including going to get them herself, was ultimately her responsibility, along with being a flight attendant, being late due to last minute requests made by her charge, which were her responsibility to fulfill, based on the duties laid out for her position, she could argue, probably successfully, any timing issues related to fulfilling those requests could not be used to fire her.

LavenderJo21

Southern Hurricane
Reaction score
Reactions
13,249 28 12
Alleybux
why do you all think she has personal tea? if her only contact with him was on flights i dont see how she would have info on his private life unless he was doing sh!t on the plane.

People do freaky sh!t on private planes sometimes. Either xes stuff, drugs, etc

CHEESE

Shelter Dogs Rock!
Reaction score
Reactions
11,620 2 7
Alleybux
i bet red vines is code word for sumthin' nassy. :laugh:

sammy faye C

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
25,487 35 25
Alleybux
Flights have to be scheduled. You need to be on time. If you want to work for Delta great. The same thing applies.

BayAngel

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,407 729 339
Alleybux
I can believe that Magic probably wanted a younger flight attendant and was looking for any excuse to fire Ms. Thomas. Age discrimination is very common in that business so it shouldn't be surprising.

Diana4mrlyDirty

<span style="text-shadow: 0px 0px 0.2em , 0px 0px
Reaction score
Reactions
57,313 297 172
Alleybux
Okay, here is the real, but the flight attendant does say she was fired as she was trying to find meat for his sandwiches!!! :dead: :laugh: I didn't see it posted!!! If so, merge!

1:11PM EDT October 26. 2012 - The employer says it was about punctuality, the employee says it was about respect and turkey sandwiches.
Latina Thomas, a former flight attendant on Magic Johnson's jet, is suing the Hall of Famer for wrongful termination.
Thomas claims she was let go for being seven minutes late for a flight and claims she was tardy because Johnson requires two different types of turkey meat for his sandwich and she was held up at the deli counter.
The 45-year-old Thomas, who made $75,000 plus a $25,000 bonus, is suing Magic Johnson Entertainment and Clay Lacy Aviation for age discrimination among other labor code violations. There are claims that she was denied rest breaks and overtime.
Thomas said after she returned from medical leave Johnson became "more standoffish and dismissive" and shortly after was fired for being late for a Sept. 6 flight.

Flight attendant says Magic Johnson fired her for late arrival

[URL=http://gifs.gifbin.com/072011/reverse-1311094067_magic_johnson_eating.gif]Image is too large -- click link to view image [/URL]

Cause X Said So

Sicker Than Your Average
Reaction score
Reactions
108,521 811 336
Alleybux
:dead: @ her government being Latina.

Sounding like a Boondocks character and sh!t.

Diana4mrlyDirty

<span style="text-shadow: 0px 0px 0.2em , 0px 0px
Reaction score
Reactions
57,313 297 172
Alleybux
WTH I searched for his name. What was the title of the original thread?

Quiet Storm

Candy Rain
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
30,223 600 75
Alleybux
Hold up!! All she had to do was have sandwiches and squeeze Magic's "lick-o-rishes" for 100 grand :eek13:

*Does crunches and squats*

What's his mistress name that makes the tight curtain dresses? I'ma need to call her to order me a tight plume flight attendant blue dress for my interview :13:

simplythebest

Loved by Him
Reaction score
Reactions
38,393 56 10
Alleybux
MAGIC JOHNSON TO EX-"EMPLOYEE"

You Got Fired 'Cause You Sucked at Your Job!

EXCLUSIVE

Magic Johnson is whipping out a full court defense -- claiming the ex-flight attendant who's suing him for wrongful termination wasn't canned for her old age ... she was just TERRIBLE at her job.

As TMZ first reported, over-40 flight attendant Lanita Thomas claims Magic unfairly fired her earlier this year after 8 years of service on his private jet ... all so he could hire a much younger woman. Lanita sued for age discrimination and a slew of other things.

In his response (filed earlier this week in LA Superior Court) Magic claims Lanita's termination was because she started sucking up her job ... not because she got old.

Specifically, Magic says, "[Lanita] failed to use ordinary care and diligence, or exercise a reasonable degree of skill [in her employment] ... she failed to perform her job duties ... and failed to substantially comply with all directions concerning her employment."

Magic also says the suit is "frivolous" because Lanita was employed by Clay Lacy -- the company responsible for staffing his jet -- and thus the decision to axe her was NEVER his.

Magic is asking a judge to dismiss the case and he wants Lanita to cough up his legal fees.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/30/magic-johnson-flight-attendant-lawsuit-response/#ixzz2GbYzPKKB