Quantcast

Food-addicted woman too fat to fit in a plane seat sheds 182 lbs during lockdown

Ljthescribe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,472 3,388 1,779
Alleybux
She looks great. I actually thought the first pic was the before and the second was the after.

I didn't realize a size 10 was so small. Media would have you believing a 10 is plus sized.
You right. She looks awesome. Glad to see something good today. My spirit ain't been right.

PoeticPisces

Too young for MySpace, too old for Tik Tok
Reaction score
Reactions
95,287 2,654 869
Alleybux
View attachment 2486373 View attachment 2486374

A super slimmer has shed a whopping 13 stone after living in fear of being too fat to fit in seats in restaurants or on planes.

Carla FitzGerald has dropped from 23st to slim 10st in the past 14 months after her weight left her constantly being terrified she would be left red-faced about not being able to fit into seats in public.

The 34-year-old started her weight loss journey in January last year and successfully shed 13st during lockdown after struggling with her weight for her whole life.

Since losing over half her body weight, Carla no longer has to worry about whether or not she will be able to fit in the seats when going out for meals, or whether she will be too big for the seats on aeroplanes.

The transformation has allowed her to ditch her daily uniform of black leggings and black baggy jumpers and enjoy dressing up for the first time in her life.

Carla, from Dublin, said: "I decided I was ready to start my weight loss journey in January last year after going through some therapy to help me.

"I have struggled with my weight and disordered eating for as long as I can remember.

"I tried every diet under the sun but nothing would stick.

"Prior to my weight loss I had been diagnosed with food addiction, I was constantly thinking of where my next piece of food was coming from even while I was eating.

"I would go out on my lunch breaks from work and eat thousands of calories.

"Each day I would consume between 3000 and 5000 calories.

"I ate takeaway food every day for lunch while I was at work, and I would have a takeaway at least one evening a week too.

"If I wasn't having a takeaway I would stuff myself with huge portions of pasta, nachos and just really carby and calorific food.

"But after going through my most recent bout of therapy, I realised my body wasn't the enemy and I felt worthy of changing my life for the better.

"So I was ready to lose weight for the final time and began my calorie-controlled diet where I would be in a calorific deficit and walk for one hour each day."

After years of avoiding mirrors, Carla said she doesn't think she wasn't actually aware of how big she was and tried to embrace her size for some time.

Her everyday life remained a real struggle however.

"I parked close to the shops because I couldn't walk far and going upstairs was exhausting to me," she added.

"I worried about being able to walk down the aisle of the bus in case I couldn't fit.

"I was constantly worrying about situations such as going out for meals or lunch for work meetings in case the chairs had arms and I wouldn't be able to fit in them.

"Going on holiday was even a nightmare for me because I'd panic about not fitting in the seat on the plane or finding a way to subtly ask for a seat belt extension.

"It was torture. But I don't even have to think about things like that now. I feel so free."

View attachment 2486367 View attachment 2486371 View attachment 2486372

Carla, a social enterprise manager, made the best out of a bad situation when lockdown came into force and managed to lose a huge amount of weight.

Carla said: "I had lots of victories along the way with my weight loss. I remember the first time I was able to cross my legs, and the first time I could put my socks on while standing up.

"My skin started to glow, my eyes brightened and my hair was glossier.

"Reaching my goal weight just happened so fast it had been hard to get used to the way I am now. It's still a shock when I see my reflection.

"I finally feel like the woman I have always wanted to be.

"I've put a lot of work into myself and it's like I have unzipped myself and I am finally free.

"I am a different person now. I am full of pride, joy and hope. I've never felt like this before."

To see more of Carla's weight loss journey, search halfofcarla on Instagram and Youtube.

Carla's food diary
Before diet

Breakfast: Croissants, packet of raspberries and a larger coffee

Lunch: Large tray of takeaway sushi and a portion of Five Guys fries

Dinner: Chinese takeaway box: Salt and chilli chips and tofu, fried rice, curry sauce, spring rolls, soup and prawn crackers

Snacks; Tortilla crisps, cereal bars, pop corn, chocolate, bread with butter and cheese

After diet

Breakfast: Coffee

Lunch: Salad packed with vegetables

Dinner: Vegan sausages, with roasted tomatoes, spinach and cauliflower

Snacks: Apple with peanut butter, fruit, vegan ham and lower calorie crisps.

she used bodyslims

View attachment 2486365 View attachment 2486370

She looks so much younger after losing the weight. Wow. She looks good

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,520 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
@SuccessfullyMe I dunno why you're getting salty when my post wasn't correcting you about the UK/ US dress sizing. It's addressing another truth -- two women wearing the same dress size could look completely different, one could look leaner and smaller while another could look chunky or fat. Oprah looks lean wearing a US 10 dress size while another woman may look fat depending on her height and fat/muscle ratio.

I've gotten 25 messages about the sizing and I don't care at this point.

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,287 2,654 869
Alleybux
Why is it that when people loose a lot of weight, they tend to look much older and a little gaunt?

She looks great, but also looks like she's aged 10 years at the same time.

Edit: Not sure about the skeptical
Yes, its great she's healthier and lost weight but she looks gaunt and old. Almost looks like she's lost the life in her.
I feel the exact opposite. The first remark I made is that she looks much younger.

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,287 2,654 869
Alleybux
I think she meant she had lost 181lbs (she said -181) from the first picture, so she'd be at around 139 in the after pic.
How tall is she? It’s interesting how the same/similar weights can look different based on your height

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,287 2,654 869
Alleybux
She has little wrinkles by the side of her mouth in the third picture
She looks good, but she doesn't look younger to me at all
She doesnt look younger in the before pics though, she looks like a mother of 4. Nothing about that screams youthful to me.

Now she looks so much prettier now to me the beauty in her face is popping out more. Her face is more vibrant whereas it looked dull before

MajesticLife

Beautiful Everything
Reaction score
Reactions
50,834 1,817 334
Alleybux
Since when is 180 lbs a size 6? It’s 50 pounds heavier than I am and I’m a 4-6. I’m a bit stunned here.

She looks amazing though. Such amazing work! She looks like she weighs less than 180 but maybe it’s muscle.
She messed up her post. She put her before weight on the before post and instead of putting her current weight on the after post, she put the amount she lost. It was confusing. She stated in one of her videos or on another IG post that she is about 140 now.

Because they are losing fat in their face too. It's more noticeable when you lose a large amount of weight like 100+ lbs.

But it's a trade off especially when your older and your skin's snap back game isn't as strong.

Imo, she still looks pretty good despite that. She can also get a minor facelift to remove the loose skin.

She said her weight loss is so new to her, she is still getting used to it. She does hide her arms in all of her pics but in the ig video (with the pants size drops) you can see she might end up wanting brachioplasty as well and her stomach and legs are covered so she is dealing with her new normal and will probably take her time and see what her body does naturally before she goes the cosmetic route. In her video, she said she legit loss that weight walking. That is a feat in itself. I wish her the best. She is documenting everything on various social media platforms. So she is definitely ready for discourse.

I've gotten 25 messages about the sizing and I don't care at this point.

Next time if your are available when you get the answer (and it keeps getting quoted) go back and add the quoted response to your question as a ETA: or change your post to say it was answered.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
6,129 107 9
Alleybux
She looks great . Everyone carries weight differently. All of these women are 150 lbs.
190457F4-F898-4FD8-9381-128BBE8A3591.jpeg

missmewiththatT

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,032 528 446
Alleybux
Usually because they lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.
Why is it that when people loose a lot of weight, they tend to look much older and a little gaunt?

Yes, its great she's healthier and lost weight but she looks gaunt and old. Almost looks like she's lost the life in her.

Haitian1

ghetto girl with a degree
Reaction score
Reactions
87,677 13,395 5,095
Alleybux
How the fick I've been eating like a bird for the pass 3 months and can't look 5 pounds

mee9mee9

a crinkle on earth
Reaction score
Reactions
109,950 6,123 2,206
Alleybux
Yes I have a friend who loss about 150 and she looks so much older now.
She lost too much weight in a short length of time. I’m 290 and the lowest I ever want to be is a 220. It should take 2 or 2 1/2 years to loose 150. She was loosing about 3 pounds a week. It’s advised to lose about 1.5 pound a week so the body has time to gradually adjust.

HeadsWillRoll

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,610 3,131 3,168
Alleybux
To see if she was actually successful, would be to check back on her in 2-3 years. Most (almost all) obese ppl do not maintain significant weight loss without surgery. This is a statistical fact, unfortunately.

This isn't realistic for most obese ppl, due to a multitude of factors and changes the body goes through when you lose weight, in order to make you gain.

Melodic Nightingale

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,880 286 26
Alleybux
Good for her for changing her diet and lifestyle. Is it just me, or reading her before diet didn't seem that bad. Not to eat all at once, but if you saw an average sized person eating it, you wouldn't flinch.

dodgy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,862 434 117
Alleybux
First of all... I live in Ireland, and I wonder how people can afford to eat food over here, much less get to the weight where she was at. Food is expensive over here, son.

heybonnie2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,393 1,177 939
Alleybux

Because they lose fat from their face and we all know chubby cheeks are youthful so thats why they tend to look older. Having a slimmer face ages you

Urbest

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,134 11,495 3,304
Alleybux
Good for her for changing her diet and lifestyle. Is it just me, or reading her before diet didn't seem that bad. Not to eat all at once, but if you saw an average sized person eating it, you wouldn't flinch.
I was thinking the same. Her before diet wasn’t great, but I was expecting it to be worse. I know people who eat like that regularly and are slim. Hope she keeps the weight off; maintenance is the other battle.