Quantcast

Free Online Courses/Certifications 2020

sasha032

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,431 3,323 441
Alleybux
Does anyone know where I can find free online courses? I’m just trying to utilize spare time and build my resume. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SimplyLovelyXO

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,791 192 87
Alleybux
All the ivy league school have their own free online course platform. Those courses are consolidated at HarvardX, MITx, Princeton Online, Stanford Online, etc.

You can do a MOOC (massive open online courses) search for specific courses you are looking for at mooc-list.com

Platforms that I have completed courses on and can vouch for:
  • EdX.org: courses from all the ivy leagues, Microsoft, and some corporations
  • Coursera.com: courses from all the top colleges in the US, overseas, and universities offering online-only programs
  • Udacity.com: courses from all the big tech companies
Good luck!

Reaction score
Reactions
14,326 309 25
Alleybux
All the ivy league school have their own free online course platform. Those courses are consolidated at HarvardX, MITx, Princeton Online, Stanford Online, etc.

You can do a MOOC (massive open online courses) search for specific courses you are looking for at mooc-list.com

• Coursera.com: courses from all the top colleges in the US, overseas, and universities offering online-only programs
Good luck!

I just took a class from EdX and really liked it. While it was free, I paid to get a certificate.

sasha032

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,431 3,323 441
Alleybux

Good luck!

I think Udemy has free courses

There is a whole thread stickied in this same forum

Free Education Resources - mods please sticky

Thank you all.

juliaaaa

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
164 14
Alleybux
Ly da but no idea how credible they are...

Lynda is now LinkedIn Learning. If you take a course there and finish it, the certificate automatically uploads onto your LinkedIn account.

It’s good for work-learning, like learning how to use Excel, coding in R or SQL, technical skills like that. Not stuff like Anatomy or Literature like the HarvardX stuff.
I used LinkedIn Learning to learn advanced Excel quick when my job asked me to do stuff I didn’t know how to do!

Ilykeggs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,675 3,273 684
Alleybux
can someone from canada take the ones from US universities? My sister needs something to do while on maternity leave.