Quantcast
  • Don't post about your friends here. Post issues with your friends on the Front Porch.

Friend hooked on Fentanyl

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,642 494,829 222,826
Alleybux
She's addicted to Fentanyl, but refuses to go to rehab, even though she's expressed that she wants to get off of this stuff already. Her parents confronted her about her drug use because they found paraphernalia in her room on more than one occasion, and she didn't react much at all. She was in denial and was more angry about them going through her stuff because she's grown.

Currently she's living with a man who isn't claiming her and treats her horribly, in the past year he's put her through some really unspeakable and downright ghetto ass sh!t, I really don't know why she stays. I understand everyone is lonely especially through this pandemic but it's not for all that. I really don't get why she's acting so desperate for this man because she doesn't have a problem attracting men and in her past relationships she was treated like a queen.

She's at the point where she start dozing off, slurring and pauses between words, hard time finishing sentences, talking with her eyes closed...yet still coherent somehow. It's breaking my heart to see her go through this and I've already told her how I feel about her drug use and like I said she's already expressed wanting to stop several times already. Her excuse for not wanting to go to rehab before was that she didn't want her parents to find out, but now they've confronted her and will 100% support her through that so there's no more excuse to not get the help she needs.

I understand you can't control people or make them do anything they don't wanna do, but LSA how do I deal with this?​

Coco Campbell

Do Not Normalize Mistreatment
Reaction score
Reactions
215,688 12,395 7,403
Alleybux

1619226492445.png

QUEENofTHOTLAND

You will learn respect...
Reaction score
Reactions
17,283 399 554
Alleybux
Fentanyl?
You need like a microscopic amount just overdose, how is she successfully getting the measurements right to avoid dying?

Are you sure maybe it’s not just heroin?

If not, I’d be seeing where she’s getting this pure grade fentanyl from — that sh!t is not easy to procure and you may have just stumbled across a serious drug manufacturing operation.

About your friend, you can drag a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.
Recovery is not a group project, it’s ultimately a solo endeavour.

Good luck

cherrypop

i love hot sauce
Reaction score
Reactions
50,787 1,736 518
Alleybux
OP you have a kind soul. theres only so far you can go for an addict, there are addicts who have willingly thrown their marriage/kids/family/reputation/job all of that under the bus just to get high. fentanyl is crazy dangerous, you run the risk of getting into this sort of thing. give her 2 chances and if she chooses to be an addict then you have to walk away

stewpeas

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
102,878 5,265 4,056
Alleybux
OP this one is hard. We all know, not necessarily on a personal level, how drug addiction destroys people and their families. There’s more sad endings than stories of recovery. Certain drugs it’s hard to get off and if she’s on heroin she needs to go to rehab. She has to willingly want to though. If she successfully completes her time there she’d be at the risk of relapsing the moment she’s back in her old settings.

It takes patience not even a mother has sometimes but most of all the addicted person has to truly want to get better.

There’s really nothing you can do but love that person...maybe from a far distance.

BoujeeBae

If there is no way, create one.
Reaction score
Reactions
55,619 848 198
Alleybux
Its very difficult for a drug addict to seek help. They keep making excuses until its too late.

She has to make that decision to quit completely herself else she relapses again.

I hope she does because you really do care about your friend.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,642 494,829 222,826
Alleybux
Fentanyl?
You need like a microscopic amount just overdose, how is she successfully getting the measurements right to avoid dying?

Are you sure maybe it’s not just heroin?

If not, I’d be seeing where she’s getting this pure grade fentanyl from — that sh!t is not easy to procure and you may have just stumbled across a serious drug manufacturing operation.

About your friend, you can drag a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.
Recovery is not a group project, it’s ultimately a solo endeavour.

Good luck
Not entirely sure because idk how this works, but I believe she is taking pills that are being cut with Fentanyl? I don't want to put too many details out there...but she was talking to me about someone we both know who sells drugs laced with Fentanyl even worse this person encourages their clients to consume it in dangerous ways.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,676 142 88
Alleybux
If you take real action, she might not forgive you...there’s a group for ppl who are related to addicts, i forgot the name of it but you can attend those meetings for emotional support. Like other fonts mentioned, it’s best to love from a distance...

Now if you don’t mind losing her as a friend or failing at an attempt, you can incite a fight, call the cops & tell them she threatened to harm herself. Where I live, they will immediately put her in a psych ward, drug test her & proceed based on the results. It’s honestly the worst way to go about it & you risk her dying after leaving treatment. ODs usually occur after a period of abstinence. Calling the cops is always a risk, especially if you’re black so be careful.

Incokneegrow

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
525,799 16,846 5,593
Alleybux
lol she must be addicted to something else. you cant get addicted to fetanyl. that sh!t kills. probably opiods of some sort

Keylime88

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,926 813 757
Alleybux
I'm sorry you are going through this OP. But as someone who used to work in social services, there is not much you can do until they decide to seek treatment themselves. As another poster mentioned upthread, you might try to find a methadone clinic she would be open to using instead of fentanyl. I can't remember if it is a treatment option for fentanyl abuse, but if so, it will help treat her addiction while she seeks substance abuse counseling and gets more help.

But if you are close with this friend and yoy feel comfortable discussing their habit with them, I would find out their "daily routine" around using this drug so that you can speak with her at a time when she's feeling temporarily relieved and not itching for her next hit. It sounds like she's already expressed wanting to quit during her more "sober" moments, and when you catch her in one of these moments again, it may be easier to coax her into going into rehab immediately. Not next week, not tomorrow, but at that very moment she agrees. You will have already needed to do some research, and (since they already know) you will want to discuss this with her family beforehand so if she raises any objections about needing to have someone watch the kids, needing to pay bills, prepare a change of clothes, etc., you can let her know it's already taken care of. Or you can work with a substance abuse counselor to stage an intervention. If she can get into an inpatient rehab facility, this would be better than outpatient.

But something else to consider is how deadly the drugs she is taking really are. As someone already mentioned, it only takes a very small amount of fentanyl to kill someone, so if you feel the need to do something about this, if even to just let yourself know that you tried, don't wait.

BlkGrlLux444

Material Gworl
Reaction score
Reactions
12,194 620 372
Alleybux
Sorry about your friend OP but I really think she's addicted to something else.

I've never heard of anyone successfully taking Fentanyl let alone addicted.

I have no clue how to get someone to rehab if they're not willing. If it's that bad, maybe you can have her involuntarily committed.

Dior Addict

In Meek We Trust ⟨™⟩
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
903,253 77,596 5,116
Alleybux
Hope you find help for your friend OP. Not to scare you but this is situation that requires dire urgency. I knew a bartender who passed away from an overdose of cocaine that was laced w fentanyl.

Privy_Princess

Bar Raiser Extraordinaire
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,171 4,903 2,636
Alleybux
lol she must be addicted to something else. you cant get addicted to fetanyl. that sh!t kills. probably opiods of some sort

You can get addicted to it. It's incredibly dangerous, but alot of addicts know the drugs which counteract the effects of fentanyl and have a sitter (a friend who isn't tripping) give them the counteracting meds if it looks like they are becoming too far gone.

Paramedics usually keep the counteracting meds on them cuz they wind up having to use it right away on all the countless overdosers. Sometimes crooked ones sell it.

Keylime88

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,926 813 757
Alleybux
Sorry about your friend OP but I really think she's addicted to something else.

I've never heard of anyone successfully taking Fentanyl let alone addicted.

I have no clue how to get someone to rehab if they're not willing. If it's that bad, maybe you can have her involuntarily committed.

This is why I believe they need to bring back the laws that allowed psych wards to flourish in the early 20th century. I know that people have rights and understand that many people were forced to go against their will but our understanding of mental health and psychiatry has improved to the point where I don't think the same abuses would occur as they did in the past. But on the other hand there is an argument to be made that sending someone to a place against their will is traumatic in and of itself and you may cause more long term damage and issues with trust.

Involuntary commitment is usually for people who pose immediate danger to themselves or others, but drug addiction doesn't fall under this category (and probably because there would never be an open bed if we started committing people for addiction). When people begin to display behaviors that indicate they are not in a position of making good sound decisions for themselves, after a certain point, the only option is to force them into treatment if they are not open to saving themselves. When you know someone who is addicted to any drug, you are no longer speaking with someone who is going to make sound, rational choices because every decision they make will be centered on their ability to access their drug of choice.

Privy_Princess

Bar Raiser Extraordinaire
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,171 4,903 2,636
Alleybux
This is why I believe they need to bring back the laws that allowed psych wards to flourish in the early 20th century. I know that people have rights and understand that many people were forced to go against their will but our understanding of mental health and psychiatry has improved to the point where I don't think the same abuses would occur as they did in the past. But on the other hand there is an argument to be made that sending someone to a place against their will is traumatic in and of itself and you may cause more long term damage and issues with trust.

Involuntary commitment is usually for people who pose immediate danger to themselves or others, but drug addiction doesn't fall under this category (and probably because there would never be an open bed if we started committing people for addiction). When people begin to display behaviors that indicate they are not in a position of making good sound decisions for themselves, after a certain point, the only option is to force them into treatment if they are not open to saving themselves. When you know someone who is addicted to any drug, you are no longer speaking with someone who is going to make sound, rational choices because every decision they make will be centered on their ability to access their drug of choice.

I totally agree. It need not be a traumatic experience for them. It can be a very warm and inviting place where they can get the gentle care they need. I think people today have a warped view of mental health institutions due to the media presenting in such horrific ways. In all honesty, those places do exist, but they are usually government run and part and parcel with the military industrial complex. The irony! Smh.

linc2021

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
9,032 226 113
Alleybux
You're clearly a good friend. I couldn't do it. Just be careful when you are around her/if you let her in your car. You don't want to get charged with something because you are associating with someone who is choosing to self destruct.

Nubia

Black to the Bone
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
51,881 539 247
Alleybux
You need to remove this person from your life immediately. Anyone playing around with fentanyl does not give a damn about themselves and for sure is not sparing a care for others. This friendship will end up ruining you if you keep chasing behind her.