Quantcast

FX HIP HOP UNCOVERED

Kstorm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,260 690 51
Alleybux
Is anyone watching this? I searched for another thread. Deb talking about her struggle growing up in the hood and later being a Trump supporter is confusing me!

Yve333

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,609 218 98
Alleybux
I just watched it tonite myself actually. I found it very very interesting. For any hip hop head it is a must watch.

As far as Deb, I knew her and Bimmy were from the streets but I never knew how DEEP Deb was in it like that also.

It makes you understand how she moves a whole lot better. I did not know she is Trump supporter though. : unamused:: unamused:

The segments with Haitian Jack were informative too. He is living really nice down in the DR.

Kstorm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,260 690 51
Alleybux
I just watched it tonite myself actually. I found it very very interesting. For any hip hop head it is a must watch.

As far as Deb, I knew her and Bimmy were from the streets but I never knew how DEEP Deb was in it like that also.

It makes you understand how she moves a whole lot better. I did not know she is Trump supporter though. : unamused:: unamused:

The segments with Haitian Jack were informative too. He is living really nice down in the DR.

I agree. The stories as a whole are very informative. Especially watching the crack market and hip hop genre grow together. I didn’t realize Deb was so deep into the game. All I know about her is on growing up hip hop. So to juxtapose her background with what she says about trump on the show is interesting.

Yve333

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,609 218 98
Alleybux
I agree. The stories as a whole are very informative. Especially watching the crack market and hip hop genre grow together. I didn’t realize Deb was so deep into the game. All I know about her is on growing up hip hop. So to juxtapose her background with what she says about trump on the show is interesting.

Yeah they did a good job of showing how the rap game and the streets are intertwined to a level that most aren't aware of.

I was also surprised to see Dr. Dre in the doc (as well as T. I.:sarcastic:sarcastic).

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,433 1,354 37
Alleybux
I watched both episodes then watched the first ep again later with family... it helped to watch again because I wasn't truly following the story when I first watched... seeing how involved these individuals were in both the streets and the early days of hip hop does make for an interesting story...

Like some, I didn't know much about Deb's upbringing nor did I know about her brother... I wasn't expecting any of that but it does make sense for why she has been able to move through the industry like she does...

Overall, I enjoyed it and will continue to watch this series...

Bubba Bexley

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
342,467 19,423 1,283
Alleybux
I may tune into to see Big U and Haitian Jack’s story.

Besides being Nipsey’s one time manager, what does Big U have to do with hip hop?

Yve333

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,609 218 98
Alleybux
I may tune into to see Big U and Haitian Jack’s story.

Besides being Nipsey’s one time manager, what does Big U have to do with hip hop?

They really go in depth to Big U's story (well all of their stories really). From what I can tell so far Big U was very instrumental with Kurupt's early days in hip hop so they really go deep into that. (Had no idea).

Just watched episode 3 and 4 over the weekend and it just keeps getting better and better. Very well done.

Last edited:

vitalove

The Victorious
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,292 50 41
Alleybux
I caught up on this series this weekend. It is really, really good.
I really appreciate all of the back stories.

I've always liked Big Deb and now I appreciate her even more. I had no idea how involved she was with the street life on her own. I thought it was just her family and or her children's father.

I've already watched some of the other urban documentaries on YouTube from Gully and Infominds and Al Profit and even Glaze so I saw the connection with hip hop and the drug dealers and stick up kids. But this really really puts it all together.

By the way, Haitian Jack's background story is really interesting but he's not telling the truth about Tupac and his real relationship with Pac. Gully found out the hard way that Haitian Jack is nothing to play with and that Pac was right about him all along. But whatever.

As for Big U, he was a big leader of the Crips and especially the Rolling 60s. He was there in the beginning of hip hop and then got put away for 20+ years during the thick of the East Coast West Coast beef etc. He would have made a bigger mark with Death Row had he been out.

I saw his interview with Vlad and I was questioning his role or importance before that interview but now I get it. Basically, if he was out of jail when Suge was running Death Row and at its peak, some say that Suge would not have gotten away with a lot of what he did and maybe, maybe some people could still be alive.

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,055 5,914 5,611
Alleybux
Is anyone watching this? I searched for another thread. Deb talking about her struggle growing up in the hood and later being a Trump supporter is confusing me!

Deb is a damn Trump supporter?! I'm on part 3 and I don't remember hearing that? Come the fµck on, Debra. :atwitsend We know Madonna has been with some people and who they were, but it's still funny when it's discussed. Pac was a great artist, but he had issues. No matter what the truth is regarding any Pac story. His worst enemy was himself. Period. "Cocaine is an addiction, but Crack is a crime."

Last edited:

JaniceRossi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
87,000 984 162
Alleybux
This docuseries has been great thus far and like previous fonts mentioned, is very well put together. As a die hard 2 Pac fan, I take everything Haitian Jack says with a grain of salt but I am glad that his story was included. I like that there are representatives from both coasts plus a woman - that makes for a well-rounded perspective. The only thing missing is true southern representation. I love that everyone involved is alive and free to tell their own story. Deb a G and I can’t wait for the next episode.

Miza

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
328,395 13,231 3,433
Alleybux
I watched it. It's meh.

I won't call names but some of these people are exaggerating their importance in hip hop meaning they rode the wave of people they were standing next to....they didn't actually do anything.

Where is Russell is he still hiding out in India or wherever?

SummerBaby737

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
65 4
Alleybux
I watched and I’ve enjoyed it. I also agree that some people seem like they’ve exaggerated their importance on shaping some rappers.

Coldhearteddiva

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,396 704 228
Alleybux
I watched it. It's meh.

I won't call names but some of these people are exaggerating their importance in hip hop meaning they rode the wave of people they were standing next to....they didn't actually do anything.

Where is Russell is he still hiding out in India or wherever?

he's in Bali, Indonesia. & I'm pretty sure they could not attach his name to this project due to him being on the run & selecting a country where he cannot be extradited back to the U.S.

Last edited:

vitalove

The Victorious
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,292 50 41
Alleybux
he's in Bali, Indonesia. & I'm pretty sure they could not attach his name to this project due to him being on the run & selecting a country where he cannot be extradited back to the U.S.

Is he really on the run? If so, wow!

vitalove

The Victorious
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,292 50 41
Alleybux
Finished it last night. Really really good. I hope that there is a Season 2.

I fear that the more connected people to the streets and hip hop won't speak because they can't really tarnish their reputation or have the Feds looking at them. So, I don't know how far they can go with the series but so far, so good.

weezyjeffbaby

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
669 14 1
Alleybux
I just watched the Drink Champs episode featuring the cast which was really interesting. I'll be tuning in

Good and plenty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,223 3,555 439
Alleybux
Haitian Jack: sociopath
Big U:very scary and diabolical
Trick Trick: handsome and charming but true gangster.
Bimmy & Deb: pure street and yet charming and hilarious. I bet their family get togethers are a riot.

Sexy Syd

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,053 1,123 419
Alleybux
Trick Trick Fine and Haitian Jack I Hate To Admit That kuz Ima Super TUPAC Stan wish it had more episodes
RIP NIP THA GREAT

Good and plenty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,223 3,555 439
Alleybux
Trick Trick Fine and Haitian Jack I Hate To Admit That kuz Ima Super TUPAC Stan wish it had more episodes
RIP NIP THA GREAT

I hear you.
Trick Trick is my type. That gap tooth just adds to his appeal.
Apparently, Deb feels same way cause she was running back and it was all in her eyes. lol

Hatian Jack looks good for 58 years old. I like his accent but he has a dark aura about him

Good and plenty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,223 3,555 439
Alleybux
I hear you.
Trick Trick is my type. That gap tooth just adds to his appeal.
Apparently, Deb feels same way cause she was running back and it was all in her eyes. lol

Hatian Jack looks good for 58 years old. I like his accent but he has a dark aura about him
Meany rubbing his back