Quantcast

Game of thrones: Nikolaj (Jaime) confirms that GRRMs book ending will be different from the show

Gaou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
138,939 4,018 1,050
Alleybux

That's if he ever finishes those books :disdain

But it's great to hear some confirmation that D&D lost their minds and that bogus ending is not from GRRM. He wouldn't let my girl (and his favorite house :hugright) to go out like that :yesyes

o. munroe

❤️ ignoring 2023 & 2024 fonts ❤️
Reaction score
Reactions
125,425 1,825 148
Alleybux
too bad we won’t ever get to confirm it for ourselves
tenor.gif

soul sun love

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,689 2,515 318
Alleybux
that old tub of lard is not going to finish the books. He has let them get away from him and keeps adding too many people to be able to end them.

binks

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
159,364 1,277 493
Alleybux
tenor.gif

It’s crazy when you have your star actors knowing the show ended badly. You know they will never live that down, especially since GoT is most likely going to be the one of the last tv shows of this era with that kind of magnitude

PebbleIsland

Good Vibes
Reaction score
Reactions
37,284 448 173
Alleybux
That sad desperate part of me is like it's not too late! Finish the books in the next 2 years, and they remake the whole last season!

But that's a fools wish.

The old man needs to just get ghostwriters to help him finish. As for dickhead and dickwad...Got no words for them, bloody oxygen thievese1

thewholetruth

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
45,628 4,767 1,240
Alleybux
that ending was trash. the unsullied would have put jon and the imp's head on pikes out front of king's landing and would have ruled

Pure Heroine

The culture is lit and I had a ball
Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
Well, of course. The dude might take three decades to write each book, but he's still a good writer and he's made his disapproval of the show ending very clear.

The try-hard showrunners were sooo insistent on "subverting expectations" that they ended up shitting all over the characters and their development. They did too much b/c they didn't want to give the audience the satisfaction of having their theories proven right (Cersei's death is a key example of this). The Star Wars sequels did the same damn thing.

Hiromu Arakawa once said that a good writer is one who can strike a balance between surprising the audience and playing on their expectations. D&D completely flopped in this regard.

Pure Heroine

The culture is lit and I had a ball
Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
that ending was trash. the unsullied would have put jon and the imp's head on pikes out front of king's landing and would have ruled

I literally turned off the television when I realised the Bastard wouldn't face any repercussions for killing Dany. How the hell could Grey Worm just stand there and scowl at Jon Snow after he killed his Queen?

420princess

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,578 31 1
Alleybux
i binged the entire series before the final season and was so hyped, those last three episodes had me PISSED if i ever see d&d in public i’m swinging

nikolai is such a fµck!ng daddy though ugh

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux

That's if he ever finishes those books :disdain

But it's great to hear some confirmation that D&D lost their minds and that bogus ending is not from GRRM. He wouldn't let my girl (and his favorite house :hugright) to go out like that :yesyes

Exactly. You know we won’t.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
I literally turned off the television when I realised the Bastard wouldn't face any repercussions for killing Dany. How the hell could Grey Worm just stand there and scowl at Jon Snow after he killed his Queen?

I don’t get the uproar of Dany dying. She was always established as the tragic, fallen hero corrupted by power.

It’s the REASONING and set up of it that was dumb to me.

I was expecting more of a war between Dany loyalist and John enthusiasts at the end but that didn’t happen.

And let’s not even mention John and how his crippled brother somehow is seen having a story fitting of the king.

Gaou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
138,939 4,018 1,050
Alleybux
I don’t get the uproar of Dany dying. She was always established as the tragic, fallen hero corrupted by power.

I was expecting more of a war between Dany loyalist and John enthusiasts at the end but that didn’t happen.

And let’s not even mention John and how his crippled brother somehow is seen having a story fitting of the king.

Like you said, the uproar was not about her dying but rather the development (or lack thereof) of it. Rushed and poorly written. Bc by the end of s6, about half of the fans were convinced she was gonna go crazy like her dad

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,912 9,363 4,312
Alleybux
Considering everyone's reaction to the ending of the show it better be different or GRRM might mess around and get cancelled like people did Charlaine Harris after True Blood ended.

County4Life

Somewhere with Remy.
Reaction score
Reactions
492,661 7,538 2,270
Alleybux
Good.

GRRM is the creator and a devout member of Targ Set. He's not letting his favorite house go out like Dumb And Dumber did.

But I've given up on him finishing the books. He's too proud to get a ghost writer. Brandon Sanderson would be perfect. The man writes like a damn machine.

County4Life

Somewhere with Remy.
Reaction score
Reactions
492,661 7,538 2,270
Alleybux
Considering everyone's reaction to the ending of the show it better be different or GRRM might mess around and get cancelled like people did Charlaine Harris after True Blood ended.

Now you've given me bad memories. I'm cursed because I get involved in a series and stick with it.

The last books- I need a moment.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
Like you said, the uproar was not about her dying but rather the development (or lack thereof) of it. Rushed and poorly written. Bc by the end of s6, about half of the fans were convinced she was gonna go crazy like her dad
Nah...

I don’t think you get what I was referencing too. There’s a whole subreddit of folks that vehemently hate S6 just because Dany was killed.

You have another sect of fans who don’t like the idea that their hero was turned into a villain.

That’s what I meant by I didn’t understand. Both just as end points made sense to me.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux

Who was Charlaine? The writer of the books or the showrunner?

I really don’t think we’ll ever see GRRM finish, he’s too busy living off the money and fame he’s garnered since HBO picked it up.

Gaou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
138,939 4,018 1,050
Alleybux
Nah...

I don’t think you get what I was referencing too. There’s a whole subreddit of folks that vehemently hate S6 just because Dany was killed.

You have another sect of fans who don’t like the idea that their hero was turned into a villain.

That’s what I meant by I didn’t understand. Both just as end points made sense to me.

I understand. Yes, there are people who would've been pissed either way even if they did her justice (like me :LOL:). But I'm telling you, majority of the fans and general population would've given d&d props had they executed the ending properly. About 90% of the uproar is about how sloppy everything was written/developed

emmastoned

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,475 161 149
Alleybux
Good. D&D screwed up season 8 because they were cocky, lazy and impatient, so I'll wait however long it takes to get a better ending.

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,912 9,363 4,312
Alleybux
Who was Charlaine? The writer of the books or the showrunner?

I really don’t think we’ll ever see GRRM finish, he’s too busy living off the money and fame he’s garnered since HBO picked it up.
The writer of the books. I remember the ending of the Sookie Stackhouse series did not go over well. Her fans were livid and many refused to touch anything with her name on it again. They may have calmed down as that was many years ago but it wouldn't surprise me if GOT fans do that with GRRM. He's already pushing people with all of these spin offs when the main story isn't finished. The man needs to stop playing around and finish the main series then he can cash in on everything else.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
I understand. Yes, there are people who would've been pissed either way even if they did her justice (like me :LOL:). But I'm telling you, majority of the fans and general population would've given d&d props had they executed the ending properly. About 90% of the uproar is about how sloppy everything was written/developed

The writing was definitely sloppy. Again for me, the biggest crimes were the ending for John and who ended up on the throne.

I mean I just don’t get it, why thread the idea that he’s the rightful heir to the throne, hide his lineage, just to do nothing with it later?

Why allow John to end right back where he began, except this time with very little purpose? It’s like I have never seen writers work so hard to throw away every ounce of proper character development.

I mean they literally flushed it away. With Dany I guess, it doesn’t bother me as much because I don’t think anyone was surprised to see her turn Evil and be killed.

I think a lot of people suspected she’d die, or John die. And a lot suspected it be by the others hand.

But for all the pomp and circumstance surrounding John, it made no sense for them to do the exact opposite.

Honestly....I can and will never be able to watch anything from the David and DB again.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
The writer of the books. I remember the ending of the Sookie Stackhouse series did not go over well. Her fans were livid and many refused to touch anything with her name on it again. They may have calmed down as that was many years ago but it wouldn't surprise me if GOT fans do that with GRRM. He's already pushing people with all of these spin offs when the main story isn't finished. The man needs to stop playing around and finish the main series then he can cash in on everything else.

Yeah, I’m glad you said it because I’ve found his reaction to the world wide fame to be off putting.

He’s so consumed with the attention rather than finishing what brought him fans to begin with. And I know he says he suffers from writers block, I can understand that, but it’s when you catch him out at every party and networking event, either playing up his celebrity status or egging fans and the media on about a book he hasn’t even begun to write. But then he has the audacity to go promote spin offs?

I think it’s just how bold he galavants around Hollywood doing this that gets me.

SuperRose

• B I T C H •
Reaction score
Reactions
18,121 95 75
Alleybux
I dropped the tv show by S5 because of how god awful it was but checked in to see the finale and lmaooo so glad i dropped it

i was a book reader and by s5 i peeped how this sh!t was going way off course (missing characters ) and i knew we weren't going to have a true satisfying ending lmao Dumb and Dumber just straight up butchered the books.

thinking about the books makes me depressed because who knows if we'll ever fµck!ng it. Maybe TWOW but ADOS ain't happening. GRRM clearly lost his passion- the tv series was by far the best / worst thing to ever happen to the series

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,912 9,363 4,312
Alleybux
Honestly....I can and will never be able to watch anything from the David and DB again.
That's exactly what happened to Charlaine.

It's ironic because it's my understanding that they burned the GOT bridge to go work on Star Wars. Ain't nobody checking for them after what they just did to GOT.

Yeah, I’m glad you said it because I’ve found his reaction to the world wide fame to be off putting.

He’s so consumed with the attention rather than finishing what brought him fans to begin with. And I know he says he suffers from writers block, I can understand that, but it’s when you catch him out at every party and networking event, either playing up his celebrity status or egging fans and the media on about a book he hasn’t even begun to write. But then he has the audacity to go promote spin offs?

I think it’s just how bold he galavants around Hollywood doing this that gets me.
Years ago I was taught there is no such thing as writer's block. Imagine that you're side by side with your writer, writing a story or movie together. The story is due come end of the month and you have a solid week left. All month you've had 'writer's block'. What do you think will happen at the end of the month when you have nothing to show for it? You'd probably be fired.

Writer's block works like this. People seem to portray it as you don't really get any ideas and that isn't it. It's more like you get ideas but you don't like them. You believe the ideas are trash and I'm not saying they aren't. What you, the writer, need to do is write them out. Get them out of your system because you might have a few gems hidden in there. But instead people just say they have writer's block and give up. Writing is a very hard career that requires a ridiculous amount of focus and patience. A lot of people think it's as simple as getting a pen and writing something down. That's not even the beginning of it. The real hard part comes after that when you have to sit down and edit it. Or if you really want to do it right and you take the time to outline the story first. That stuff is hard work and it takes a lot of time and effort.

I think that's the problem GRRM might be facing. He put in the work before and now he's cashing in. That's great but he has to realize he isn't done yet. If he were serious about this he wouldn't be out at all these social events, he'd be hunkered down trying to finish this book.

Kingston

Yes, Jeff!
Reaction score
Reactions
67,046 1,350 183
Alleybux
Nah...

I wouldn’t take Reddit seriously. Most of the people who post on those forums are irrational. Believe it or not there are rational Dany fans that accepted her ending. What we didn’t accept was the way it was executed and D&D building a false case that there were “signs” that Dany was always a villain.

too bad we won’t ever get to confirm it for ourselves
tenor.gif

At this point, I’m ready to throw George in the trash right alongside Dumb&Dumber. He played himself giving his unfinished book series to these two idiots who never even respected him enough to listen to his advice on major characters/plot points that were important to the end story. I cannot stress how important it is for writers to protect their creative work because once you sign the rights away for a movie or tv show, there’s no turning back and sometimes the result is the writer being blocked out of the creative process adapting their book/s. George had to know this since he also worked in the industry as a TV writer.

NoomiWasBetter

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,438 18 8
Alleybux

Power doesn't corrupt it reveals. If power corrupts then every last one of the main cast is tainted. Sansa, Jon, Tyrion, all had power but not one of them are considered corrupted, just Dany. And for what? She had power for a long time and did not do what they made her do in the finale to civilians. She killed slavers, xes traffickers, etc but she did not intentionally go after civilians.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
Power doesn't corrupt it reveals. If power corrupts then every last one of the main cast is tainted. Sansa, Jon, Tyrion, all had power but not one of them are considered corrupted, just Dany. And for what? She had power for a long time and did not do what they made her do in the finale to civilians. She killed slavers, xes traffickers, etc but she did not intentionally go after civilians.

It’s a figure of speech hun.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
I wouldn’t take Reddit seriously. Most of the people who post on those forums are irrational. Believe it or not there are rational Dany fans that accepted her ending. What we didn’t accept was the way it was executed and D&D building a false case that there were “signs” that Dany was always a villain..

Oh it’s not about taking something too seriously lol, in fact Reddit is about as reasonable as LSA when it comes to discourse.

I don’t think all Dany fans are that rigid but I do know there’s a good bit if not majority—especially among whites that feel that way.

NoomiWasBetter

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,438 18 8
Alleybux
It’s a figure of speech hun.

I'm not your hun. We are not familiar with each other and it comes off as patronizing.

You used the figure of speech to explain why you felt the ending for Dany made sense to you. Figures of speech are supposed to clarify and describe things in more detail. Were you not using this figure of speech to back up your opinion on Dany being the tragic hero and justifying her being murdered by Jon?

You stated your opinion as fact and I disagreed with your opinion that she was always established as the fallen hero. Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals the truth about characters. Robert Baratheon did not become a drunken abusive hoe when he became king, he was always an abusive hoe. He just had more freedom to do what he wanted once he became king.

Dany had her issues but when she attained power she used it mostly for good. Coldly picking off civilians on dragon back to get back at Cersei or anyone is not something she would have done. Not even to avenge Missandei. She would have captured Cersei and then set the b!tch on fire.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
I'm not your hun. We are not familiar with each other and it comes off as patronizing.

You used the figure of speech to explain why you felt the ending for Dany made sense to you. Figures of speech are supposed to clarify and describe things in more detail. Were you not using this figure of speech to back up your opinion on Dany being the tragic hero and justifying her being murdered by Jon?

You stated your opinion as fact and I disagreed with your opinion that she was always established as the fallen hero. Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals the truth about characters. Robert Baratheon did not become a drunken abusive hoe when he became king, he was always an abusive hoe. He just had more freedom to do what he wanted once he became king.

Dany had her issues but when she attained power she used it mostly for good. Coldly picking off civilians on dragon back to get back at Cersei or anyone is not something she would have done. Not even to avenge Missandei. She would have captured Cersei and then set the b!tch on fire.
It wasn’t patronizing, it was me trying to be polite to a very unnecessary comment.

But now I will be,

GOODBYE HUN.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
That is exactly what it was: patronizing and antagonistic.

Yes, to which I already told you was coming...

You don’t require any form of respect with me when your entire approach has been over the top, condescending and antagonistic from the jump. And now you wanna serial groan and for what? Just to be petty.

We’ve all been having a nice discussion here, if you want to engage, consider dropping the “grammar—semantics Nazi” act, it’s played.

NoomiWasBetter

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,438 18 8
Alleybux
Yes, to which I already told you was coming...

You don’t require any form of respect with me when your entire approach has been over the top, condescending and antagonistic from the jump. And now you wanna serial groan and for what? Just to be petty.

We’ve all been having a nice discussion here, if you want to engage, consider dropping the “grammar—semantics Nazi” act, it’s played.

bµllsh!t. My approach was perfectly fine. I asked you not to call me hun because we don't know each other. Nothing wrong with setting boundaries with strangers.

The rest of your comment is pure garbage. You must not be used to people disagreeing with you if you think my response was over the top, condescending, and antagonistic. I disagreed with your argument and calmly explained why without attacking you personally. I was engaging with you when I responded the first and second time. You chose to ignore that message. Now we are here.

Who was the one who responded with "it's a figure of speech".. Oh, that was you who posted that first, not me. If you don't want your own words thrown back in your face, then maybe you should be more careful.

Groan for Groan.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,198 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
bµllsh!t. My approach was perfectly fine. I asked you not to call me hun because we don't know each other. Nothing wrong with setting boundaries with strangers.

The rest of your comment is pure garbage. You must not be used to people disagreeing with you if you think my response was over the top, condescending, and antagonistic. I disagreed with your argument and calmly explained why without attacking you personally. I was engaging with you when I responded the first and second time. You chose to ignore that message. Now we are here.

Who was the one who responded with "it's a figure of speech".. Oh, that was you who posted that first, not me. If you don't want your own words thrown back in your face, then maybe you should be more careful.

Groan for Groan.

You have issues sis, your attitude is all throughout this post. It started long before I said hun. Like I said your spirit is nasty and your approach was wrong from the jump.

But congrats you’ve earned a spot on my ignore.

NoomiWasBetter

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,438 18 8
Alleybux
You have issues sis, your attitude is all throughout this post. It started long before I said hun. Like I said your spirit is nasty and your approach was wrong from the jump.

But congrats you’ve earned a spot on my ignore.

Yeah you definitely are not used to people disagreeing with you. Weak b!tch.

That's fine by me. I now get to have the last word.