Quantcast

Game of thrones: Nikolaj (Jaime) confirms that GRRMs book ending will be different from the show

helenaOB

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,577 65 6
Alleybux
I understand. Yes, there are people who would've been pissed either way even if they did her justice (like me :LOL:). But I'm telling you, majority of the fans and general population would've given d&d props had they executed the ending properly. About 90% of the uproar is about how sloppy everything was written/developed
Yes.
I mean, Starbucks cups being left after editing? Smh. Sloppy.
Which is a shame because I think they did a decent job writing as long as they had a rich amount of source material to go off of. I mean I loved that show. I even liked season seven even though you could see that’s where the writing was starting to struggle.

There were reasons for Dany to start to crack in season eight because she suffered so much personal loss so quickly. It was all just done so poorly and rushed.

But there was a lot of good acting in season eight, I’ll give it that.

What would have been cool and unexpected for her character would have been a mix of her doing something destructive like her dad, but then, unlike her father, pulling back from it and maybe dying doing something heroic and self sacrificing.
I don’t think anyone would have suspected that, yet it could have worked if written correctly because she had suffered so much personal loss and was in a lot of pain. Combined with not wanting to be her father, and wanting to leave the world a better place when she left it.

Much of the rest of it could have stayed the same. Jon I think still would have gone north of the wall with Tormund and the Wildlings. He wanted nothing to do with being king of anything.

I always suspected that either she or Jon or both would die by the end of the show, and that Cersei and Jamie would likely both die. It’s just that none of those deaths happened the way I thought they would. Other than maybe Cersei and Jamie generally dying about the same time. I thought Jamie might kill her then kill himself.