Mikhail Bakunin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
154,038 19,672 18,910
Alleybux
hi-res-9b5d286e2031dad8a7dd7018d9accbc2_crop_north.jpg

JACK DEMPSEY/Associated Press
The first appearance in the boxing ring didn't go well for Nate Robinson, but former heavyweight champion George Foreman believes he could transform the ex-NBA player into a legitimate fighter.

Foreman spoke to TMZ Sports about Jake Paul's knockout win over Robinson:

"He had too much talent for Nate Robinson," he said about Paul. "I'd like to get Nate down here and train him for a few weeks and get a rematch."

Foreman added he could do enough for Robinson to get him a win next time around.

"I can turn him into a five-, six-round fighter in no time flat," he added. "Make him do what I say...and he could give a better showing."

Robinson lasted just two rounds against Paul in the pay-per-view matchup, getting knocked down twice before suffering a brutal knockout.

Bleacher Report @BleacherReport
JAKE PAUL KO'D NATE ROBINSON https://t.co/i6tZHyDUBv

We don't know if he will return to the sport after the disappointing loss, but training from a legendary boxer would likely provide plenty of help.

Sang_bleu

Driving a mooocedes
Reaction score
Reactions
69,956 4,389 2,345
Alleybux
It was not talent but experience. Nate was outclassed and it will take a few serious matches and a year of serious training and conditioning for him to have a chance of beating jake.

Ports and Slims

Pipe It Down 'Fore I Whoop You Like Yo Mama Do
Reaction score
Reactions
150,153 1,404 530
Alleybux
It was not talent but experience. Nate was outclassed and it will take a few serious matches and a year of serious training and conditioning for him to have a chance of beating jake.

What makes you say that? That was Nate's first fight and YT guy's 2nd fight. I think Nate was nervous. I could see it as soon as he came out. He seemed overly anxious to me. Nate may have also relied on the fact that he ran track, played basketball and football before and felt that that was enough

Sang_bleu

Driving a mooocedes
Reaction score
Reactions
69,956 4,389 2,345
Alleybux
What makes you say that? That was Nate's first fight and YT guy's 2nd fight. I think Nate was nervous. I could see it as soon as he came out. He seemed overly anxious to me. Nate may have also relied on the fact that he ran track, played basketball and football before and felt that that was enough

Nope it was jakes third major fight. And he was training with some serious coaches and talent.
Nates training camp did not have his back, and he ended up getting hit with that overhand. The number one rule of boxing is to protect your head at all costs.

Ports and Slims

Pipe It Down 'Fore I Whoop You Like Yo Mama Do
Reaction score
Reactions
150,153 1,404 530
Alleybux
Nope it was jakes third major fight. And he was training with some serious coaches and talent.
Nates training camp did not have his back, and he ended up getting hit with that overhand. The number one rule of boxing is to protect your head at all costs.

Ahhhh!!!! They must have misspoke or maybe I misheard the commentators when they said how many times he fought before. It's messed up that they didn't have his back. I do think that with proper training he can be an excellent boxer. I hope he hires better coaches and is able to get back in the game. All the memes and whatnot were really mean and childish. I hope it hasn't affected him too badly. Hopefully they gave him motivation to try again. I'm still proud of him.

madness116

Harsh Truth Teller
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
308,132 26,248 31,726
Alleybux
Nate didn't take it seriously and it showed. He should've been intensely training and doing two a day workouts, strictly dieting, doing padwork and defense work and most importantly sparring against pros for at least 8 months before the fight. When you treat boxing like a joke you'll end up looking like one.

HiValueMan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,032 2,145 1,147
Alleybux
Jim Brown had the audacity to tell Ali he was going to train for a yr., and challenge him for the title, until he slap boxed w/Ali. I honestly think boxers/MMA should love tap muthafuckas who talk sh!t just on general principle to let them know it's serious. (ex. Floyd should've socked T.I. & Youngboy Never Broke Again.)

Because I'm a boxing/martial arts fan, I have way too much respect for amateur & pro fighters to talk down even if they lose badly. So when I hear someone like Keyshawn Johnson refer to pro fighters as 'tomato cans,' I automatically think, "You need to hop your ass in that ring if you gone talk sh!t."

Being a world class athlete doesn't necessarily transfer to other disciplines. Fighters are mentally & physically conditioned to absorb a certain type of punishment w/o fearing it.

As much as I think Broner is more into clowning than boxing, he still has my respect as champion fighter that competes at the highest level of competition in his discipline.

I think Nate has the heart, and just needs to sharpen his skillset. Plus, he made it past the 1st round. So I he has my respect.

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom