Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters

MrsKlayThompson

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,428 713 248
Alleybux
The damn nerve to compare King George to that peasant. If you don't get the fµck...

I've been on a GM binge as of late. Despite being a hot mess, he was one cold motherfµcker. I'm not into white men like that but he could have gotten it ALL he was FINE AS fµck in the mid 80s to early 90s. That 5 o'clock shadow? GOTDAMN.

ube1kenobi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,790 628 85
Alleybux
The damn nerve to compare King George to that peasant. If you don't get the fµck...

I've been on a GM binge as of late. Despite being a hot mess, he was one cold motherfµcker. I'm not into white men like that but he could have gotten it ALL he was FINE AS fµck in the mid 80s to early 90s. That 5 o'clock shadow? GOTDAMN.

UGH i know...I'll be drawing him soon cuz i'm binging on his music.

also check this out. unlike timburfake...he's aware of being white, winning awards over black people and he understands....just play it should be where he talks about it: (if not it's at 28:50mins)

i like how articulate he is about his music or music in general. also...he later shows his music process around 38 mins or a little bit later...

MrsKlayThompson

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,428 713 248
Alleybux
UGH i know...I'll be drawing him soon cuz i'm binging on his music.

also check this out. unlike timburfake...he's aware of being white, winning awards over black people and he understands....just play it should be where he talks about it: (if not it's at 28:50mins)

i like how articulate he is about his music or music in general. also...he later shows his music process around 38 mins or a little bit later...

I love the intellect and sense of introspection in which he spoke with. From viewing his interviews he seemed really funny, charming and aware.

With the whole Anselmo situation, it is very sad. I mean, they weren't together THAT long before his diagnosis (and from what I understand he was in his home country Brazil when he died) but finally finding someone when you felt like it wasn't in the cards for you just to have it taken away IS cruel. It happened to me and I can tell you what hurt the most is the inability to answer this simple question...

"What could have been?"

It is soooo difficult to get over that, if ever. You see the impact. Look at pictures from 92 and 93 and compare them to 98...he looked physically hardened and he was only 35.

Although I found his brutal honesty and behavior in his later years disturbing at times, somehow I also find it weirdly endearing. He had some serious issues but clearly stopped giving a fµck about image and how he'd be perceived.

He just seemed so complex and I find it absolutely fascinating. Justin on the other hand always sounds like a dumbass to this day. No real direction, no real sense of artistic integrity. Nothing interesting about his life and nothing interesting to say.

George wrote "Careless Whisper" at 17 and when he didn't like how the original song was produced, scrapped it and came up with the
masterpiece we know today...at 21.

Justin could NEVER.

Crazycruze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,031 630 75
Alleybux
Im tearing up, thinking about GM. Damn, his voice was beautiful.

One More Try was my favorite.

ube1kenobi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,790 628 85
Alleybux
I love the intellect and sense of introspection in which he spoke with. From viewing his interviews he seemed really funny, charming and aware.

With the whole Anselmo situation, it is very sad. I mean, they weren't together THAT long before his diagnosis (and from what I understand he was in his home country Brazil when he died) but finally finding someone when you felt like it wasn't in the cards for you just to have it taken away IS cruel. It happened to me and I can tell you what hurt the most is the inability to answer this simple question...

"What could have been?"

It is soooo difficult to get over that, if ever. You see the impact. Look at pictures from 92 and 93 and compare them to 98...he looked physically hardened and he was only 35.

Although I found his brutal honesty and behavior in his later years disturbing at times, somehow I also find it weirdly endearing. He had some serious issues but clearly stopped giving a fµck about image and how he'd be perceived.

He just seemed so complex and I find it absolutely fascinating. Justin on the other hand always sounds like a dumbass to this day. No real direction, no real sense of artistic integrity. Nothing interesting about his life and nothing interesting to say.

George wrote "Careless Whisper" at 17 and when he didn't like how the original song was produced, scrapped it and came up with the
masterpiece we know today...at 21.

Justin could NEVER.

Yes to all this! I agree with what you said. There's something about George that's totally wholesome (and I think him being really close to his mom made him that way). It also makes him mysterious and fascinating for me b/c of how truly complex he is, with both his mind and the music he makes.

I'm sorry you went through what he went through. I can't imagine but yes, he wasn't as carefree as he was in the early 90s. Yes he was caught with his pants down by 97/98...there's a little bit of that carefree look in his face, but he was still guarded.

And JT's a weasel so there's that. There's absolutely no comparison and that interview I posted showed how genuine he was with his art. Like most artist, you can tell how much people like it b/c it got in your soul for some reason and that artist created it for that purpose. JT's half-assing (don't get me wrong I loved Justified and FutureSex/LoveSounds) the rest of the time, relying on others to do his work and his recent album is a reflection of what he's doing. But he also half-assed or barely/rarely/not even acknowledge the people who helped propelled him to a "B" lister. He instead destroys them to make himself look good.

MrsKlayThompson

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,428 713 248
Alleybux
I'm sorry you went through what he went through. I can't imagine but yes, he wasn't as carefree as he was in the early 90s. Yes he was caught with his pants down by 97/98...there's a little bit of that carefree look in his face, but he was still guarded.

And JT's a weasel so there's that. There's absolutely no comparison and that interview I posted showed how genuine he was with his art. Like most artist, you can tell how much people like it b/c it got in your soul for some reason and that artist created it for that purpose. JT's half-assing (don't get me wrong I loved Justified and FutureSex/LoveSounds) the rest of the time, relying on others to do his work and his recent album is a reflection of what he's doing. But he also half-assed or barely/rarely/not even acknowledge the people who helped propelled him to a "B" lister. He instead destroys them to make himself look good.

This....check the writing credits for FS/LS. He didn't write or produce a single song by himself and this is supposed to be his definitive album. Meh.

Thanks. I'm fine now but I understand George's position and with his mother's passing sadly it seems he never recovered. Perhaps it would have helped if he were closer to his dad, I don't know.

Good and plenty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,149 3,552 439
Alleybux
george singing gladys knight if you were my woman at Mandela concert

amazing voice, so much passion, he is just so raw and pure, no swagger no pretense, just naked, he always just emptied out his soul and laid it bare on the table.

this brings tears to my eyes

woo jesus...i still cant believe he is gone.

You made my day. Thank you

JesseObama

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,911 7,136 10,667
Alleybux
There is no real reason why this question should cross a music lover's mind. You truly need a Father Figure. I'm going to give you One More Try.

Last edited:

SarahCameron

no time for logical fallacies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
100,182 5,794 4,187
Alleybux
i’ll be honest i didn't grow up with george michael but i know careless whisper and that video with the models he did in the 90s... i know for sure george is the better artist.

ube1kenobi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,790 628 85
Alleybux
i’ll be honest i didn't grow up with george michael but i know careless whisper and that video with the models he did in the 90s... i know for sure george is the better artist.

check out the songs we've posted up here...you'll like it :)

Purplerain77

Analogue gurl in a digital world
Reaction score
Reactions
40,519 1,334 861
Alleybux
Love this song....miss George too...that voice is sooo unique!!!...

I was absolutely obsessed with this song when it came out! The music is so heavenly, love George's backup singing In it. Its just such a Well crafted, great song and it has stood the test of time. I loved Deons version, but Would have loved to hear Georges take on singing it too.

It would have suited the best part of his voice, that low, deep, throaty, breathy register that george could do so well, that made you weak in the knees.
Sigh...

...that voice was Everything....