Don't want my $hit to get soggy
Reaction score
Reactions
125,615 4,359 2,401
Alleybux
From Soap Central

Straight from Steve Burton's mouth

Jarly Spoiler (from Steve Burton) - boards.soapcentral.com

Last night, I listened to Steve Burton and Bradford Anderson's podcast "That's Awesome" featuring Stephen A. Smith as their guest (he plays Brick).

Stephen is not an actor per-say. He's a fun American sports celebrity...from Queens. I found him (and his accent) quite entertaining.

A few points he said caught my attention (below).... and one is a BIG Jarly spoiler:

⦁ TPTB heard he was a big GH fan so they asked Stephen to be on the show. They created Brick for him. He said yes immediately.

⦁ He grew up watching GH with his mother and sisters (I can relate).

⦁ He has a great memory and remembers story-lines like the weather machine freezing the world, Frank Smith, Rick Webber, Bobbie and Roy, Tracy/Monica and the carousel, Brenda, Sonny shooting Dante etc.

⦁ He LOVES the mob stories.

⦁ He joked that Sonny, Jason, Spinelli and Brick could be the 4 Horseman.

⦁ SB says Stephen is a natural when it comes to acting. Maurice agrees.

⦁ He says he knows Sason because he's watched their scenes for 20 years.

⦁ SB joked that Stephen knows Jason better than SB does.

⦁ He's also a HUGE Carly fan (especially Laura Wright) and he hated CarJax.

⦁ Stephen says Carly can get a way with anything with Jason (things she couldn't get a way with, with any other man).

⦁ SB got suddenly very excited and said (and I quote);

"Just wait. And it's coming too. We just did some scenes. I was like 'oh no'. Carly just crossed the line Stephen more than EVER before. And that's saying a lot. Just wait.This one might put Jason in the grave."

⦁ SB asked Stephen; "Should Jason and Carly ever hook up?"

⦁ Stephen said they'd be a good couple. But if they did go there, there would never be a Sason again. There would be no coming back from that.

⦁ SB said "I agree and I think the writers know that.They love the little trio of a family that we have".

Willyc95

Druilla Winters
Reaction score
Reactions
12,178 927 179
Alleybux
I've been dying for a Jarly hookup for years! Knowing how much influence MB has behind the scenes I suspect he's stopped that from happening. The writers seem to think Carson are the second coming of Luke & Laura.

Giving us Jarly would pretty much kill their 2 most popular couples. It would kill any plans of Carson riding off into the sunset together because we all know Sonny would never forgive her. Also it mean they'd have to find new partners for Sonny & Sam and there's nobody currently around for them to rebound to.

Last edited:

raenelle

Happy Dancer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
30,669 689 23
Alleybux
I'm not surprised by a Jarly hookup. I just don't see the romantic/xesual chemistry between this particular Carly and Jason. I've seen it more with the other versions of Carly (Tamara Braun and even Sarah Brown).