Quantcast

Good or bad idea: starting a skin care business exclusively for dark skin?

Royalmuse

Bougie Boy Blue
Reaction score
Reactions
57,570 2,013 237
Alleybux
Hi,

This whole pandemic has made me so much more ambitious that I just wanted to start another business that will turn profitable for me in a long term. I thought about lots of different ideas but the one idea that really stood out to me was creating a skin care business exclusively for Dark/brown skin.

As a dark skinned woman I understand and feel that the skin care industry don’t really cater to us that much and don’t really know how to work with our type of skin. I have to spent lots of money for products that really work on my type of skin colour and texture. So I just thought why not create a business myself?

There’s more than one billion people alone in Africa with similiar skin to mine and we also have millions in the US, Europe and Latin America that struggle to find good products that work on their skin.

The only question I have is if this will turn very profitable if I play all my cards right? Anyone on here who have done or still does something like this and can share their experience with me/us?

thank you
Have you started your skincare line yet? I want to start one but want more insight from different people.

Royalmuse

Bougie Boy Blue
Reaction score
Reactions
57,570 2,013 237
Alleybux
I have a skincare brand , although it’s made for black women I don’t specifically say it, most if my customers are black but I didn’t want to stop money , white ppl (and other races) but skincare too, probably even more so
Do you make the products yourself or use a private label?

Miel007

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,702 650 329
Alleybux
Hi,

This whole pandemic has made me so much more ambitious that I just wanted to start another business that will turn profitable for me in a long term. I thought about lots of different ideas but the one idea that really stood out to me was creating a skin care business exclusively for Dark/brown skin.

As a dark skinned woman I understand and feel that the skin care industry don’t really cater to us that much and don’t really know how to work with our type of skin. I have to spent lots of money for products that really work on my type of skin colour and texture. So I just thought why not create a business myself?

There’s more than one billion people alone in Africa with similiar skin to mine and we also have millions in the US, Europe and Latin America that struggle to find good products that work on their skin.

The only question I have is if this will turn very profitable if I play all my cards right? Anyone on here who have done or still does something like this and can share their experience with me/us?

thank you
not a bad idea!! I want to buy beauty products but i'm always wary they'll make me lighter.
I know that Ivorian girl Eunice Zunon,she made her cosmetics line earlier this year,it's called EZ cosmetics / la poupee noire.Check on facebook