Quantcast

Good Trouble (The Fosters Spin-Off)

divadutchess

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,614 1,860 118
Alleybux

Did anyone check out the premiere on Hulu? Absolutely loved it.

It premieres officially on January 8 on Freeform.

Last edited:

cooks

LSA Celebrity
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
111,159 6,443 3,106
Alleybux
I an behind on the fosters itself do I gotta watch it to watch good troubles?

BlairWaldorfing

No plotting, no meddling, no Blair Waldorf-ing
Reaction score
Reactions
7,293 54 8
Alleybux
I loved it! I didn’t like the fosters in the last couples seasons but I’m hooked with the first episode. Callie hooking with that guy and then that plot twist at the end! He’s bi, I’m excited to see how that will pan out. Callie’s boss only gave her the job so he shoot it down when he rules is messed up, she should have picked the liberal judge. I like seeing Mariana in the tech world, I can’t wait to see her blossom. The people they live with in the commune are cool too. I like Malika out of everyone, I can’t wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds and see the rest of the cast come back.

Nadine Kelly

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Looking forward to watching good trouble, I did enjoy the fosters but it also was also annoying to watch sometimes

bruhbruh

Pragmatist Progressive. Team Establishment. Always
Reaction score
Reactions
443,615 44,881 16,449
Alleybux
My dog unplugged my TV box so I have to wait til it reboots... A nightmare.. literally a nightmare

BlairWaldorfing

Reaction score
Reactions
7,293 54 8
Alleybux
My dog unplugged my TV box so I have to wait til it reboots... A nightmare.. literally a nightmare
Do you have Hulu? The first episode is on there or if you download the freeform app they put the full episode right up after it’s down airing on the channel.

P.O.S.H.

rich ass b!tch w/ a attitude
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
122,844 1,372 416
Alleybux
I'm watching. So far so good.

Mariana's work scenes are super triggering for me.

bruhbruh

Pragmatist Progressive. Team Establishment. Always
Reaction score
Reactions
443,615 44,881 16,449
Alleybux
Do you have Hulu? The first episode is on there or if you download the freeform app they put the full episode right up after it’s down airing on the channel.
I found a link online. I don't have Hulu anymore, didn't know the first episode was out. Thanks anyways.

TitsMcGhee

Corona Coochie
Reaction score
Reactions
177,913 2,441 813
Alleybux
I watched it and I loved it! I’m definitely here for Mariana (Cierra Ramirez is so pretty to me) finding her way through the tech industry. The commune threw me off lol but it’s kind of cool for people that move to LA and feel a bit lonely.

Callie is always trying to be passionate t the wrong time lol. I hope she is less annoying (re: passionate) during this series.

aquafacts

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,987 1,549 549
Alleybux
Watched the first episode, loved the fosters and this is way better than I thought it would be. How is it that this "yt" show tackles more progressive issues in the first episode than in a season of Grownish...

TitsMcGhee

Corona Coochie
Reaction score
Reactions
177,913 2,441 813
Alleybux
Watched the first episode, loved the fosters and this is way better than I thought it would be. How is it that this "yt" show tackles more progressive issues in the first episode than in a season of Grownish...
I think GT being a continuation of the Fosters helps it to keep that real-to-life drama with some comedic elements and progressive ideas. Grownish is meant to be shallow and superficial

WorkingBeez

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,241 761 192
Alleybux
Watched and liked it. Of *course* Callie be getting herself into boy trouble already.

I do love their *commune* living. A nice break from the sisters and grounding too. Also, thank goodness for diversity.

Monika Mann

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
198,363 5,447 1,451
Alleybux
What didn’t you like? I was unsure about it in the beginning since The Fosters started so heavy and the first season was hella drama.
I don't know! I just didn't like it for some reason. I think I miss seeing the other family members. I don't like Marianna and Callie enough for them to carry a show on their own.

I don't like the struggle apartment. I don't like that they lost all their belongings, I don't like seeing them struggle at work. I am just so past all of that in my life now. I would've really liked the show when I was in my teens to mid twenties. I prefer heavy drama shows like law and order or campy family style 'young' shows like Riverdale or Switched at Birth.

ramiahsixty9

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I'm confused as to why Mariana can afford better housing than Callie when they move to LA? Did I miss something in the last season of The Fosters?

P.O.S.H.

rich ass b!tch w/ a attitude
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
122,844 1,372 416
Alleybux
I'm confused as to why Mariana can afford better housing than Callie when they move to LA? Did I miss something in the last season of The Fosters?

They mentioned that Mariana makes six figures. Let’s say it’s 100K. Callie’s job would put her at about half that.

BlairWaldorfing

Reaction score
Reactions
7,293 54 8
Alleybux
This episode was good! I’m actuallt surprised I’m really liking the show. Mariana really needs to figure out a way to get those guys in her work group to stop shutting her out. I can’t believe she kept calling that guy! I won’t be surprised if she and Callie lose their jobs. Callie is a dumbass for leaving her phone in the stall. That girl who wrote the bench memo is gonna get the case thrown out, Callie needs to watch her back with her. Malika really shouldn’t have told her friends about Callie being on the case but it’s callies fault for opening her mouth. She shouldn’t have said anything because now when he rules to let he cop off everyone is going to blame her. Mariana is an idiot and needs to get that app where you can’t text when you’re drunk. The Asian girl let’s her ex treat her like a doormat, out here with a cake for her and she went and got engaged. Not really here for Gael and Callie, I don’t feel any spark. It was good seeing Jude! I wish he was around for more the 1 episode. It makes me wish they brought all the siblings into the spin-off. I hope we get to see more of Malika’s background, her brother is fine af too. See you guys next week!

TitsMcGhee

Corona Coochie
Reaction score
Reactions
177,913 2,441 813
Alleybux
This episode was good! I’m actuallt surprised I’m really liking the show. Mariana really needs to figure out a way to get those guys in her work group to stop shutting her out. I can’t believe she kept calling that guy! I won’t be surprised if she and Callie lose their jobs. Callie is a dumbass for leaving her phone in the stall. That girl who wrote the bench memo is gonna get the case thrown out, Callie needs to watch her back with her. Malika really shouldn’t have told her friends about Callie being on the case but it’s callies fault for opening her mouth. She shouldn’t have said anything because now when he rules to let he cop off everyone is going to blame her. Mariana is an idiot and needs to get that app where you can’t text when you’re drunk. The Asian girl let’s her ex treat her like a doormat, out here with a cake for her and she went and got engaged. Not really here for Gael and Callie, I don’t feel any spark. It was good seeing Jude! I wish he was around for more the 1 episode. It makes me wish they brought all the siblings into the spin-off. I hope we get to see more of Malika’s background, her brother is fine af too. See you guys next week!
You said pretty much everything I was thinking. I wish Callie would’ve shut Malika down about the case because she has no business knowing about it. I never would’ve even mentioned which judge I worked for.

Poor Mariana is so used to fitting in that she’s making things way harder than she has to. It’s gonna be interesting to see how she navigates being in the tech industry.

I’m glad you said it about Gael and Callie. Him being a friend is where they should draw the line, because there’s nothing there.

Side note, I was walking down memory lane watching the Fosters and I would be here for them bringing Matt (Mariana’s ex) back for a cameo.

divadutchess

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,614 1,860 118
Alleybux
You're so right about Callie and Gael pero I like that bisexual storyline they've got going on currently and TV needs more of that TBH

Mariana needs to stop being a pick me. Clearly she has what it takes to be employed, might as well show up and show out. It sucks that she basically has to change to fit in but that's the reality in tech, I guess.

This spin-off is very well done.

TitsMcGhee

Corona Coochie
Reaction score
Reactions
177,913 2,441 813
Alleybux
You're so right about Callie and Gael pero I like that bisexual storyline they've got going on currently and TV needs more of that TBH

Mariana needs to stop being a pick me. Clearly she has what it takes to be employed, might as well show up and show out. It sucks that she basically has to change to fit in but that's the reality in tech, I guess.

This spin-off is very well done.
It is. I’m actually a lot more hopeful that it will get about 3 seasons. I loved the story of the Fosters is actually one of the best shows the network has had in a long time.

Madame Zeroni

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,486 391 123
Alleybux
I wish for once we could have a Black girl who's entire story isn't about the struggle, it's exhausting to watch tbh.

TitsMcGhee

Corona Coochie
Reaction score
Reactions
177,913 2,441 813
Alleybux
I wish for once we could have a Black girl who's entire story isn't about the struggle, it's exhausting to watch tbh.
It would be refreshing, but I do like the parallel regarding the foster care system. Callie did dumb stuff but lucked up on two parents that not only wanted to adopt her, but her brother as well, even after everything that happened. Mariana and Jesus are twins and also got adopted. The black girl and her brother had to age out of the system.

I do hope they “lighten” Malika’s character a little. Her badgering Callie after the case was reassigned just came off as her “not getting” that Callie can’t die on a hill for one case and she’s just the clerk not the judge.

BlairWaldorfing

Reaction score
Reactions
7,293 54 8
Alleybux
This episode was actually pretty good! I’m shocked at how good it’s been so far with how bad the fosters got. Alex really needs to be backhanded with a keyboard. He’s everything I hate in men and him being a privileged white tech guy just makes it worse. Mariana should have recorded the voicemails and edited it so she could show he stole her idea. I hate how he threatened to go to HR. Callie really should have chosen the liberal judge, the conservative one is gonna do nothing for her. That lawyer guy she met with is cute! I hate how their putting her in another love triangle and making it seem like bisexuals can’t keep it in their pants. I love how involved Malika is but it’s gonna get ugly because she lives with Callie and that guy she works with is gunning for her. I don’t trust either one. It was nice seeing more of Gael’s backstory. See you guys next week.

Surreal

⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
241,902 7,371 6,305
Alleybux
I'm liking this spin-off so far. I didn't have much hope for it when I first heard about it cause Callie and Marianna weren't my favorite characters on the Fosters (they both can be really annoying at times), and they've done some stupid stuff already, but I like the overall show. The characters they live with are interesting, but I hate that the only black character has to have her whole story be about police shootings and oppression.

I also noticed how Freeform made it so that Callie and Marianna were the only cute young girls living in the apartment complex. They ain't slick. :disdain

Last edited:

WorkingBeez

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,241 761 192
Alleybux
It would be refreshing, but I do like the parallel regarding the foster care system. Callie did dumb stuff but lucked up on two parents that not only wanted to adopt her, but her brother as well, even after everything that happened. Mariana and Jesus are twins and also got adopted. The black girl and her brother had to age out of the system.

I do hope they “lighten” Malika’s character a little. Her badgering Callie after the case was reassigned just came off as her “not getting” that Callie can’t die on a hill for one case and she’s just the clerk not the judge.

That's one of the most annoying things about Callie. She was given chance after chance after chance and can you believe, her ass still got out of trouble. If it were any other kid in the system, we all know it wouldn't turn out this good.

I love this last episode. It would have been a perfect "sibling" episode if at least one of the Adam-Fosters kids showed up. I'd say Jude but he annoys the FK outta me.

BlairWaldorfing

Reaction score
Reactions
7,293 54 8
Alleybux
This episode was kind of boring. I’m excited for Lena and Stef to come next week! Alice really needs to stop letting Sumi walk all over her and tell her she’s not helping her plan her wedding. Callie needs to stop asking her coworkers for advice and sh!t when they clearly just want to set her up and look out for themselves. The judges son is on house arrest! I wonder what he did. Callie can probably use that as leverage to blackmail him to keep her job when that Asian guy tells on her for knowing Malika. Callie really should have never told her she was on the case. I’m glad Mariana didn’t sacrifice her job to make some “statement” that in reality wasn’t going to do anything. I would really feel really stumped if I was her. Davia ain’t sh!t for hooking up with a married man. Mariana has to know raj likes her, I hope she’s doesnt drag him along. Callie’s boss needs to be knocked down a few pegs, he has a big ass ego and I hate how he pits them against each other. That game was so unnecessary. I’ll see you guys next week!

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,775 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
I wasn't planning on watching this or expecting to like it but I love it. I'm glad we don't have to deal with Jesus. I'm glad Mariana isn't as irritating as she was on the Fosters but she and Callie are incredibly naive.

Surreal

⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
241,902 7,371 6,305
Alleybux
How Callie go be stupid enough to let him walk her home? I knew from the moment I saw them together that it was gonna lead to him bumping into Malika. Callie should have thought about all that beforehand. Her co-workers are not her friends, they don't need to be walking her anywhere. Especially that Asian dude. I don't like him nor that Alex guy.

But I gotta give Good Trouble props for portraying the Asians as they are in the workforce: kissing up to white folks and letting racism slide so they don't rock the boat. You see that in the Asian clerk and Raj.

And calling out these companies who put people of color in the forefront to smile for the photos and the cameras but treat them like sh!t behind the scenes. Trying to come off as inclusive and diverse than they really are.

tuonmolly

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,134 412 238
Alleybux
This episode was super triggering but well done. Liked seeing Lena and Stef. I knew that the cookies they ate would have weed in them. e5

Don't like Callie and Gael. I'm so tired of her situationships. I think Gael is playing both Bryan and Callie but maybe likes Callie more. I hope they draw the line under this sl before the new season.

The guy that works with Callie is out for her but why?

Loved the scene at pool. Malika and Lena sharing experiences. Really hope Lena and Stef do more appearances.

WorkingBeez

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,241 761 192
Alleybux
This episode was super triggering but well done. Liked seeing Lena and Stef. I knew that the cookies they ate would have weed in them. e5

I was shocked at how quickly Stef ate a complete stranger's goods. Lena, yeah, because she is gullible but Stef? She was worried about that girls' safety but she ate unpackaged goods?!

The coterie banding together for family dinner was sweet. I also like that they don't all get along and choose sides.

Callie and Gael will end up in some mess. She never learns her lesson, is always attracted to some chaos. As far as work, I hope things get out in the open. Even if her competition outs her - she is still WRONG for not disclosing or excusing herself. Heck, if anything there's intent. That's exact opposite of what law is and she knows it.

Marianna being in debt that much even with a job? Well, you're an adult, deal with that.

Surreal

⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
241,902 7,371 6,305
Alleybux

Don't like Callie and Gael. I'm so tired of her situationships. I think Gael is playing both Bryan and Callie but maybe likes Callie more. I hope they draw the line under this sl before the new season.

The guy that works with Callie is out for her but why?

Loved the scene at pool. Malika and Lena sharing experiences. Really hope Lena and Stef do more appearances.

Agreed, but I actually do like the Bryan/Gael/Callie thing. It's sexy. Tv never gives us MMF relationships. I want more of it. But if Gael had to choose, I hope he chooses Bryan cause I love my male/male pairings too and need a same-xes relationship to root for.