Quantcast

Gospel Singer Rev. Timothy Wright Dies

Some Chick

<span style="font-style: italic;text-decoration: u
Reaction score
Reactions
1,486 4
Alleybux
MYFOXNY.COM - Gospel singer the Rev. Timothy Wright died early Thursday at the Bronx Veterans Hospital. He was critically injured in a crash in Pennsylvania that killed his wife and a wrong-way driver who hit their vehicle.

Wright, 61, was injured along with his 14-year-old grandson, D.J. Wright, and both were taken to Geisinger Medical Center in Danville after the crash. D.J. Wright later died.

Betty Wright, 58, of Roosevelt, N.Y., died in the three-vehicle crash on Interstate 80 in Greene Township.

The driver of the wrong-way car, John Pick, 44, of Lewisburg, also died. A passenger in a third vehicle was also injured in the crash.

Timothy Wright released more than a dozen gospel recordings, and his latest album, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus," came out in 2007.

He was the pastor at Grace Tabernacle Christian Center in New York City. The Wrights were returning from a gospel conference in Detroit.

In 1994, his record "Come Thou Almighty King," with the New York Fellowship Mass Choir, made the Billboard Top 20 charts for gospel albums and was nominated for a Grammy for best traditional soul gospel album.
He got another nomination in that category in 1999 for "Been There Done That," recorded with the B/J Mass Choir and featuring Myrna Summers.
"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus" features the New York Fellowship Mass Choir. The title track, written by Wright and his wife and recorded live at a Church of God in Christ convocation, expresses the plight of a woman displaced during Hurricane Katrina: She encourages herself and others by calling the name of Jesus. Among the other songs on the album was "You Must Come In At the Door."

He began writing songs for such fellow musicians as Mattie Moss Clark and the Rev. Isaac Douglas, according to Carpenter's book, and in 1976 formed the Timothy Wright Concert Choir. Among the choir's albums were "Who's on the Lord's Side?" and "Do You Know the Light?"

090424_Gospel_Singer_Rev_Timothy_Wright_Dies

Vaughn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,318 1 2
Alleybux
Quality of life is what I call living,

lets just say he finished his course!

Mean.Girl

Waiting on this roller set...... Diva status..
OLDHEAD
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
164,546 277 159
Alleybux
very tragic & sad.

eta: hes been fighting since july 4th ...Bless his soul!

~YD~

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
9,861 51 10
Alleybux
I remember reading that they were trying to raise a half of a million dollars to cover Rev. Wright's medical bills last year. I knew that he would not live long after they told him that his wife and grandson didn't make it. He is where he wants to be-with the Lord and his wife and grandson. I love to hear "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus" and "For the Rest of My Life. I know the saints are going to send him home real proper-COGIC style. RIP Rev. Wright

mgj3360

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
To be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD, May our LORD and SAVOIR JESUS comfort the family and friends thru this trying time. GOD your are not a GOD that makes any mistakes, bind this family together with YOUR perfect love..In JESUS NAME we pray..AMEN!!!

MsLady757

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
R.I.P. Rev Timothy Wright He Can Now Be With His Wife And Grandson.

PassionFruit

<span style="font-style: italic;"><span style="fon
Reaction score
Reactions
15,731 7 6
Alleybux
Mr Wright....Thank you for your talent & service... God's rewards awaits

DestinysLady

<span style="color: purple;"><span style="color: p
Reaction score
Reactions
5,644 2
Alleybux
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7

Another Soldier's Coming Home
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSJdlr9clTY"]YouTube - &quot;Another Soldier's Coming Home&quot; By Janet Paschal[/ame]​