Quantcast

Grace Jones : "I don’t come from uneducated slaves. I’m from Jamaica, I speak French, my ancestors were never slaves."

XR77910

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
51,297 1,686 1,150
Alleybux
Sis white people already know. White people can’t hold water if they tried. I will never forget this white psychologist who would tell me about this inmate she counseled told her he is not black but Jamaican... he don’t come from lazy ass slaves so refer to him as such. Like sir, you are in jail on moving drugs and may be getting deported...worried about the wrong sh!t.
"Lazy ass slaves".... A person have to be pretty damn ignorant to even form their mouth to say those words. Slaves worked from dawn 'til dusk. Lazy my ass.

moreofyou504

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
877 103 38
Alleybux
Ummm, so Wilt ACTUALLY thought he was white because he lived in Beverly Hills and had xes only with white women, money like white men, white men cars (whatever that means)? What in the entire hell is going on here? Truly pathetic and highly embarassing! Grace was overboard too but Wilt's comments are just...disgusting!

cashewCake

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,588 2,709 1,186
Alleybux
I'm always so amused when people say dumb sh!t like that. ''You don't come from slaves either, your black family is creole''. And those ''creole black people who preserved'', who popped them out their vagina? Who started that line? Or did they just pop out of gold dust-covered cabbage patches?
Mixed creole are so annoying sometimes. They really think they're unicorns.

Lots of free Creole lines typically started with an enslaved woman who was favored by the master. This is what people don't ever want to talk about.

The woman's children would be educated and sometimes freed. Which wasn't all roses

People are so dumb as to what being a Free POC actually was. At least in the US it doesn't mean you don't have enslaved origins. It means the Emancipation Proclamation isn't what freed your ancestors.

And a Free POC wasn't necessarily safe. Solomon Northup's book 12 Years a Slave is about him being sold into slavery despite being free.
I don't come slaves either. The black people in my family are/were creole and they worked hard and preserved. What happened in the past doesn't affect me at all today.

Slavery benefitted us today because we live in the best country in the world with the most rights and opportunities. No black american citizen would seriously rather be living in an African country permanently. We are much better off than our distant relatives over there. Stahp.

Just enough already.
Incog you might have some misconceptions about how your ancestors were actually living. And before you come in with an attitude, some of my family lines were also Free POC.

Helwa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,681 1,837 1,457
Alleybux
I don't come slaves either. The black people in my family are/were creole and they worked hard and preserved. What happened in the past doesn't affect me at all today.

Slavery benefitted us today because we live in the best country in the world with the most rights and opportunities. No black american citizen would seriously rather be living in an African country permanently. We are much better off than our distant relatives over there. Stahp.

Just enough already.
America is far from the best country in the world.

Look at the black Americans and look at Africans.

Africans have family structure, they don't have to face racism in their own c
I'm always so amused when people say dumb sh!t like that. ''You don't come from slaves either, your black family is creole''. And those ''creole black people who preserved'', who popped them out their vagina? Who started that line? Or did they just pop out of gold dust-covered cabbage patches?
Thank you! Creole still came from slaves.

It's like how Dominicans try and act like they aren't black. Delusional.

HopeAndSlop

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,126 1,087 2,761
Alleybux
One question I'd want to know is "Who was the one who dropped the first bomb ? Wilt ? Or Grace ?"

That's all I'd want to know. Because looking at the transcript. It seems like Grace got dissresptful first

"He would refer to her as an African-American, and Grace, born and raised in Jamaica, would just explode. “I’m not African-American, so don’t you call me that!” she’d yell.

“I’m not like you,” she would tell him. “I don’t come from uneducated slaves. I’m from Jamaica, I speak French, my ancestors were never slaves.”

That's when Wilt made his comment about Beverly Hills and white women and the money he has and cars he drives.

I'm only going from the transcript but looks like Grace Jones started it really.

Wilt referred to her as "African American" OK. Not crime of the century but let's say she wasn't. Was it necessary for Grace to come with all the slave stuff ? If she would have said "I was born Jamaica but lotta peope think I'm AA. How are you finding it on set ?"

Done

But Wilt should have handled it better. Instead he went LOW like her and tried to say things to hurt and justify himself.

kamikazemind

Good to hear from you bish
Reaction score
Reactions
67,444 1,264 531
Alleybux
Ummm, so Wilt ACTUALLY thought he was white because he lived in Beverly Hills and had xes only with white women, money like white men, white men cars (whatever that means)? What in the entire hell is going on here? Truly pathetic and highly embarassing! Grace was overboard too but Wilt's comments are just...disgusting!

to think a lot of black men have his same rhetoric smh sh!t is sad as all hell.

4GoodAndEvil

“Who’s gon’ swear me in…” ~Fani Willis, 2024
Reaction score
Reactions
106,974 5,898 145
Alleybux
I'm just curious... HOW is slavery a 'smear' towards the STRONGEST, GIFTED, TALENTED, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE on the planet? It is an HONOR & a PRIVILEGE today knowing that my ancestors ENDURED one of mankind's cruelty and yet, WE STILL RISE ...

View attachment 2585741 View attachment 2585743
Slavery is neither an honor or “privilege”. The ancestors would have NEVER chosen that life… TF?

PerpetuallyExhausted

***** H.N.I.C*****
Reaction score
Reactions
102,149 5,403 2,149
Alleybux
Read that fonts post history, you understand. :disdain

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,098 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
Mixed creole are so annoying sometimes. They really think they're unicorns.

Lots of free Creole lines typically started with an enslaved woman who was favored by the master. This is what people don't ever want to talk about.

The woman's children would be educated and sometimes freed. Which wasn't all roses

People are so dumb as to what being a Free POC actually was. At least in the US it doesn't mean you don't have enslaved origins. It means the Emancipation Proclamation isn't what freed your ancestors.

And a Free POC wasn't necessarily safe. Solomon Northup's book 12 Years a Slave is about him being sold into slavery despite being free.

Incog you might have some misconceptions about how your ancestors were actually living. And before you come in with an attitude, some of my family lines were also Free POC.
Same thing in the rest of the Americas. This phenomenon was particularly obvious in the French and Spanish-colonized territories. Likely Portuguese as well. This isn't US specific

JosietheSatanist

You're mind is a weapon, keep it loaded
Reaction score
Reactions
19,251 1,572 949
Alleybux
I never liked grace jones. I never heard this but she willingly went along with Hollywood creating the masculine black woman stereotype using her. They made her out to be an animalistic pervert also. I think I read this from the man who played the Russian guy in rocky or a famous photographer that was a friend of his that she would get high and literally force herself on him crying begging him to get her pregnant. She had more problems than not being educated on her own history

JosietheSatanist

You're mind is a weapon, keep it loaded
Reaction score
Reactions
19,251 1,572 949
Alleybux
I think I may have responded to this thread somewhere but I did a double take. Jamaicans are French speaking?
Unless she’s saying she’s Haitian I don’t get it. I remember her son said something weirdly colorist about her thoughts on his child like he didn’t know it would be taken as controversial. If this is true I guess she’s another donyale spinning tall tales out of shame/for attention

oops

lady who lunches
Reaction score
Reactions
48,531 991 598
Alleybux
Ah-nald was the one making the most sense. Who would of thunk it?
He had a unique upbringing. I think. He has to be somewhat intelligent based on his comments about the GOP/Rethugs embracing facism and authoritarianism.

RisingLeo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,607 1,073 426
Alleybux
I think I may have responded to this thread somewhere but I did a double take. Jamaicans are French speaking?
I'm not sure if the two things are related. It might just be her giving examples of how she is educated, and "not like American slaves."

YUNGJUDAH

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,215 3,766 3,804
Alleybux
Is there a video to this?

My family were EDUCATED during slavery ALOT OF BLacks were and had money, land they wrote books, ran businesses now if that's what she means I agree but it's hard to tell the article is terribly written

StoneCold

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,171 2,142 2,689
Alleybux

My family were EDUCATED during slavery ALOT OF BLacks were and had money, land they wrote books, ran businesses now if that's what she means I agree but it's hard to tell the article is terribly written
I don’t come from slaves either. Not sure what point she is trying to make though.

TennisBracelet

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,738 4,870 3,606
Alleybux

right!

BlueVelvets

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,207 195 108
Alleybux
: unamused:If this really happened... I can't believe they had this spat in front of "others." Crude and ignorant for the both of them.
And we wonder why years later, we still dealing with the same bµllsh!t in Hollywood.

When you got muthafuckas like this running around talking like this in front of white people in Hollywood, it makes sense why we still getting crumbs.

I just got mad reading that filth.
There’s always Black people like that full of self hatred and desperate for white acceptance in every walk of life. Same for every other minority.

BlueVelvets

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,207 195 108
Alleybux
Schwarzenegger is an asshole! Whatever the details of the exchange may be; they didn’t need to be included in his book. And he’s intelligent enough to understand that. His publisher also should have done better. Having said that. It sounds like some early 80s bµllsh!t that may have been said. As others have pointed out. If true, hopefully everyone involved knows better.
That was ignorance and self hatred. The 80’s is not an excuse. He put it in his book because it’s a juicy tidbit about famous people. Their self loathing isn’t a secret.

BlueVelvets

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,207 195 108
Alleybux
I think they're referring more to the brutality and life expectancy. Over 90% of all enslaved Africans were sent to the Caribbean Islands and South America because they didn't live long. They were working in hotter climates and were worked even harder relatively compaired to those in America. They died from exhaustion due to the climate and exertion.

Those in America usually lived long enough to have children and their children had children and so on.

Edit: I'm not saying one group of enslaves people were living it upon living the life of leisure, just speaking to average life

Cafe au lait

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
118,428 4,537 6,628
Alleybux
That was ignorance and self hatred. The 80’s is not an excuse. He put it in his book because it’s a juicy tidbit about famous people. Their self loathing isn’t a secret.

1. I didn’t offer any excuses.
2. You’re claiming that this “tidbit” is both “juicy” and also “well known” common knowledge.
3. As I initially stated over a yr ago. He and his publisher should have omitted that anecdote.

Ujjnala

Facts. Periodt.
Reaction score
Reactions
26,309 5,201 8,831
Alleybux

My family is creole but someone was a slave at some point. The Jewish slave owners who owned ALL the slave ships didn't just take some African princess bt the hand and treat her like royalty and bring her here to start her rich educated African family in the Caribbean or the South.

Our slave ancestors were already slaves in west Africa long before the transatlantic slave trade. The jewish slave owners never had to trek the wilds and go deep into the land. They bought slaves from african slave owners. Ados can't accept that. Cognitive dissonance is a sad thing.

HoneyPotTrap

The Quintessential Trap Baby | Album Drops 2024
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,761 7,182 2,909
Alleybux
My family is creole but someone was a slave at some point. The Jewish slave owners who owned ALL the slave ships didn't just take some African princess bt the hand and treat her like royalty and bring her here to start her rich educated African family in the Caribbean or the South.

Our slave ancestors were already slaves in west Africa long before the transatlantic slave trade. The jewish slave owners never had to trek the wilds and go deep into the land. They bought slaves from african slave owners. Ados can't accept that. Cognitive dissonance is a sad thing.
Some slave ancestors were slaves in Africa others were not. Our histories are very complex and it is important not to apply a single narrative to the entire ethnic group - ADOS.

A font in another thread shared how sometimes members of Royal families were captured and trafficked, and how their family members were buying their freedom, and they would repatriate back to where they came from.

Check the thread I posted about the Vaughn Family of South Carolina/Yoruba-Nigeria.

Some Africans came as indentured servants and worked for their freedom. This is the case right before the colonial era began and Virginia enacted racial accounting and chattel slavery. See the father of Paul Cuffee; and Anthony Johnson, who was an Angolan in Virginia who owned the first slave. Chattel slavery became legal based on his court case concerning two of his indentured servants, one was white and the other was black.

HoneyPotTrap

The Quintessential Trap Baby | Album Drops 2024
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,761 7,182 2,909
Alleybux
Last I read, there were different groups of African descendants in Colonial and Pre-Colonial Jamaica.

You have the Maroons who were self-liberated upon arrival off the slave ships. But other slaves did escape and join them. I believe you also had the free people of color in Jamaica like there were in Barbados, who may have descended from an African slave, but their fathers claimed them and educated them.

And they also transported some 'native' Black Irish (who were brown/copper colored) out of Ireland into places like Jamaica. They came as indentured servants and were tricked/coerced into chattel slavery and the racial accounting system. These Black Irish allegedly descend from an ancient migration out of Africa. Some say that they descend from Pygmy Africans. But there is also an ancient migration that came out of Egypt, and one out of Ethiopia into the Celtic region (Scotland/Ireland). These migrations occurred BEFORE the Moors arrived in that region.

There are likely other historical groups of African and African slave descendants in Jamaica.

I don't know all the details, but there is also a lot of Scottish admixture among the slave descendants in Jamaica.

Jamaica also likely had copper-colored indigenous people (Black Amerindians).

Last edited:

maxrules1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,478 2,237 2,624
Alleybux
There’s always Black people like that full of self hatred and desperate for white acceptance in every walk of life. Same for every other minority.
It’s so hard for me to understand people like that because I’ve never been on that wave nor have I ever felt a desire to.