Quantcast

Greenleaf Episode 4: Behind Closed Doors

CristelleAmande

Victoria Monét - Good Bye
Reaction score
Reactions
28,231 290 48
Alleybux
Way late to the party, so let's do this.

I can't believe the way Bishop Greenleaf and Uncle Mac were grinning talking about that pool like two greedy peas in a pod. I get the feeling that Uncle Mac could be Bishop's goon, the right man who gets his hands dirty.

I thought First Lady only cared about her jet. I liked that she used her influence to set her husband straight. It was good also to see that Bishop has some sort of a conscience left.

I'd like to know when Jacob completely gave up on his marriage. It's not even that he's angry at Carissa. He's reached a level of indifference that will be hard to come back from. He just can't be bothered at this point. Meanwhile, Jacob and Carissa's daughter is out there snorting crushed pills.

Is Noah supposed to be our leading lady's end game? It would be unfortunate because he doesn't have any chemistry with Grace...

As for Grace, the trauma of being around her xesual predator of an uncle must have affected her in ways she doesn't realize. She's putting her foot down because her daughter is taking interest in the fate of a young Black kid who got shot (why Grace so eager to absolve the cop, I have no idea) but she's not paranoid about her child being in a place where Uncle Chester can snatch her up at a moment's notice. Priorities.

"Shut my door, please."
I wouldn't mind Grace's daughter going off to live with her father. For her safety of course :sneakiness:

I'm intrigued by the mystery surrounding Faith's death. Off to watch episode 5! Thanks for the tag @Nana Peazant :)

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
[MENTION=127775]Sista Saved[/MENTION] needs to change her avi to Deacon Connie Sikes

tumblr_m5j8m63NAX1qelh93o1_400.gif

tenor.gif

O.o

Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
That was the worst thing they could've done is dust up this subject matter and defuse it by trying to humanize and sympathize the cop. In reality those cops don't give a damn about these dead kids. Period. And black cops do NOT shoot unarmed teens en mass the way untrained scared cowardly RACIST white cops do. I'm not fµck!ng with this story line. I'll be glad when its over.
how timely

O.o

Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
I like that the production and acting are 10 steps up from Tyler Perry, but the racial/gender tropes are too much:

1. Evil women are either dark, wear weaves, old or shorthaired. Protagonist is mixed race. The little girl who is into drugs and doesn't know math is the black one -- not the innocent ambiguous one. The fact that this stereotypical mess was produced by OWN and lapped up without complaint is pathetic.

2. Every plot development is telegraphed too damn loud -- I was not surprised by anything that happened.
facts

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom