Quantcast

Greenleaf Season 4 Episode 8, "Surprise!"

Tan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,516 586 166
Alleybux
Some small small smalllll part of me thinks charity has enough sense to be playing Phil cause I just don't see her being seriously in love with this man.
Here's hoping she's just using him to kill two birds with one peen
Oh she is in love. She she is so blinded by her hate for Grace and her desire to preach that she actually thinks they are one in the same especially since he told her about Bob. I think she will see her short comings, but by then her and Kerissa will have eff’d the family.

Last edited:

Tan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,516 586 166
Alleybux
Phil blackmailing Grace w/the recording isn’t going to take a rocket science to find out how he of all ppl has that info

I hope Grace uses that sermon to expose Phillip’s blackmail so H&H remove him from their services

Charity is stuck on stupid. Her destiny is music which is why she was blessed w/that voice. This mega church era has everyone thinking they can be a preacher

Phil left in no time to be w/that WW meanwhile Charity is so jealous of Grace, she’s about to really have herself out of a family & yet another man who doesn’t want her pretty soon. Maybe her & Karissa can get an apartment somewhere

Thank goodness Mae has the sense when it comes to Karissa. Like why would you be in your in-laws bedroom looking at them opening a safe that contains secure documents? I thought at first Mae would change the combination, but her just removing the documents altogether bc she knew Karissa would snoop was savage

Karissa comparing her affair to Jacob’s is laughable. In both instances, I think he genuinely fell for his mistresses bc he could actually be a man :disdain meanwhile Karissa slept around for a come up to only sell the land & not able to get that house either. So she gave it up for nothing. We love to see it

I don’t know how I feel about a possible Sophia/BB player pairing. I thought she was still w/the dude from the church?

The deaconess leader pissed me off accusing Mae of fabricating a molestation story. When ppl have so much hate & vitrol in their hearts for you, they’ll never feel any sympathy or empathy when you are truly going through it or reveal a personal story. W/ppl like that why would you want to attend someone you hate’s party anyways? I see she didn’t have that energy to say all that in front of the guests that attended & waited to the end to be shady

Hopefully not only does this phony business plan fail but also the Greenleafs find a way to get this church back

I don’t see any of this ending well for AJ

Speaking of AJ, if the Skanks didn’t have anything to do with AJ showing up then I wonder if it was Bob. Was it Bob or Judee who told Grace they know about Phoenix??The timing is impeccable especially with him showing up, researching, stealing and her lying for him. I still think he’s an imposter. We’ll soon see what is what.

OAN: Judee is lying to both Phil and Grace because she pretty much telling them both they are going to get the church.

Last edited:

MindingMyBusiness

Sitting Pretty
Reaction score
Reactions
52,506 896 149
Alleybux
Sooo Sophie left with Dionte???? Wheeewwwww that’s spicy!!!!

And the nerve of Kerissa! You fµcked Fernanado one time you ready to commit murder for a damn house? Girllllll goodnight.

And I know I talks my sh!t about Mae, but Mae is nobody’s fool. She is always several steps ahead... and when she said “she can be your greatest adversary or your biggest help” or something like that I was like “factttttsss” lol Judee hating ass been tryna get Mae out forever, and be mad everytime the plan works out for Mae. See God don’t like ugly. Judee jus a old ass version of hating ass Charity.

nicole8789

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,493 239 19
Alleybux
I can't with Charity anymore, her hatefulness isn't even fun. Its just misguided and dumb. I saw the season First Look Greenleaf aired prior to the premiere and Debra Joy was so sincere about Charity's plight I felt bad. But after these episodes I just want Charity to get slapped down with the Mighty Hand of Jesus and soon!

Cafe au lait

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
118,431 4,537 6,628
Alleybux
Oh she is in love. She she is so blinded by her hate for Grace and her desire to preach that she actually thinks they are one in the same especially since he told her about Bob. I think she will see her short comings, but by then her and Kerissa will have eff’d the family.

I believe her real desire is not to preach but to be the center of everyone’s attention.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,875 446 80
Alleybux
Do people audition for this show or do they just give roles to friends and family? Folks were complaining about AJ but he's at least a thousand times better than this atrocious Judy person. I have to fast-forward her scenes. :sick

Tan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,516 586 166
Alleybux
I believe her real desire is not to preach but to be the center of everyone’s attention.
True. I think it’s that and we come from a family of doctors, lawyers, preachers... type of thing, so anything less plays second fiddle.

msgoldiex

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,429 537 110
Alleybux
I got a feeling that before phil and charity can out grace about her son she’s gonna introduce him to the whole church... could be wrong tho. The only way grace can come out on top is to do it her self.

Queen Ati

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
107,773 2,501 725
Alleybux
Karissa has always been bitter and annoying but I used to give her a pass because Jacob is a cheater.

Now, I am starting to see that she's an emasculating, power-hungry woman who probably married him because she wanted power and wealth.

I don't condone cheating at all, but the women Jacob seeks all seem to admire him and adore him whereas Karissa acts like she's his mother who can never be pleased.

If Karisa was NOT power hungry, she'd be happy knowing that Lady Mae and the Bishop would make sure her children will be looked after.

Queen Ati

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
107,773 2,501 725
Alleybux
Sophia annoys me or it's how the actress presents her character.

All she needs to do is actually join the conversation with her cousin and the baller ex instead of sulking around.

Why does she need to be invited to join their friendship circle? Invite yourself and stop moping around.

She gives me spoilt/weak vibes like the other Greenleaf offspring.

Lance.

Mastermind.
Reaction score
Reactions
7,021 148 6
Alleybux
Awww, everybody looks great (except for Bishop's topsiders).
Screenshot-20191022-231227-Twitter.jpg

and there goes Karissa curled up with Bishop and Lady Mae thinking she gunna be in the will

Triniqueen77

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
69,792 1,707 720
Alleybux
and there goes Karissa curled up with Bishop and Lady Mae thinking she gunna be in the will
Kerissa is about to get herself in so much trouble, I just know it! She will find out about the will and run back to that man. Next thing you know somebody gets hurt. I can't believe someone so conniving is so stupid.

Nutella

Single Guy of the Month
Reaction score
Reactions
148,530 6,964 1,088
Alleybux
Can someone clarify: was Phil married to Judee or was he the cause of her divorce?

She said it so quickly I couldn't really make out what was said and meant.

Queen Ati

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
107,773 2,501 725
Alleybux
Can someone clarify: was Phil married to Judee or was he the cause of her divorce?

She said it so quickly I couldn't really make out what was said and meant.

I suspect she and Phil had a relationship or an affair and they ended it because her father would never approve anyway.

Phil is so power-hungry, he'd do anything to get on the good side of that H&H demon in chief.

Ladybug87

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,587 1,007 59
Alleybux
Just caught up Saints!!! I was out of town.

Lady Mae can preach a "word". The dignified plotting and scamming. Grace is her mother's child.

Jacob is dumb ASF!!! But, I see Bishop and Lady Mae is not and moved that paperwork.

I figured Becky and Phil were involved but I never thought marriage!! Plot twist!! Now Phil got a bitter ex and his new bae under the same roof. Lawd!!!

Harmony and hope be playing the fawk out of these Greenleafs. Becky was with the sh!ts. Grace being the head if they get half the seats. I hope Phil doesnt release the tape and realizes there clearly is more going on.

Collected

Imma be honest.....I'm not a fan..
Reaction score
Reactions
143,880 3,796 1,246
Alleybux
If charity dont think that when Grace puts all this ish together, she not gonna have an A$$$ whoopin coming send her beyond the Greenleaf heaven, she WILD!

Nutella

Single Guy of the Month
Reaction score
Reactions
148,530 6,964 1,088
Alleybux
Why is Graces daughter able to just leave school all willy nilly? Why isn't Zora in school? Is Zora younger? Why is Jacobs wife never at work?

Glad Zora has a female friend to spend time with so she can stop being so boy crazy

chumbawumba

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,753 730 206
Alleybux
I caught up yall!

I have a beef with how they are doing Kerissa's character this season. I know she is a b!tch but she never struck me as naive. She tends to plot and she is manipulative but her just doing her lover's bidding with no questions asked is not geling for me.

She seems to be kinda being head over heels and falling into this trap with this man is a bit much for me. I don't know what they are doing with this storyline.

Mae's preaching was on point! Charity is a ditzy girl and I'm so sick of her!

Sophia is about to get it in with this new young man. I wonder how that will change the dynamics between her & Zora yet again.

OhCaycee

Tall, Brown, & somebody's mama
Reaction score
Reactions
1,433 60 1
Alleybux
I'm pretty sure Zora's "friend" is going to try to come on to her. She subtly showed signs early on in the season.

Why is Graces daughter able to just leave school all willy nilly? Why isn't Zora in school? Is Zora younger? Why is Jacobs wife never at work?

Glad Zora has a female friend to spend time with so she can stop being so boy crazy

Nutella

Single Guy of the Month
Reaction score
Reactions
148,530 6,964 1,088
Alleybux
I'm pretty sure Zora's "friend" is going to try to come on to her. She subtly showed signs early on in the season.

Seems feasible since she barely mourned Dante dumping her. I was expecting a backstabbing storyline but I don't mind a lesbian one.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,520 13,177 1,856
Alleybux
I’m over the Harmony & hope storyline.
There's so much more to explore with it. The takeover of a white evangelical church planter is such a timely story, especially in the South.

Why is Kerissa so pressed to move to a house she can't afford ?
And the nerve of Kerissa! You fµcked Fernanado one time you ready to commit murder for a damn house? Girllllll goodnight.
She's in her 40s, married, her oldest is an adult. The house is less about status and more of a symbol of her being cherished, as a wife, as a former and future First Lady, by Jacob.

Oh reeeally? You must've been one of the delusional fans I passed on the way into the funeral to lay MY beloved husband to rest. Bc I was there, front row with my family

Wheeew chile. I'll let you have it tonight !

No really, I dressed up for the funeral & watched it on TV balling lmao
I don't think he's dead.

It looks like Nikki has become the new Sophia in Zora's life. I'm still confused as to whether Nikki is straight or a lesbian.
Not the new Sophia, the new Lil El Debarge or should I say Young Ma.

Tan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,516 586 166
Alleybux
Charity is stupid. Now it’s up to Bob if she’s associate pastor. Didn’t you do all of this because Phil said he would make you associate pastor. She grinning like a Cheshire Cat and doesnt realize she’s been played.