Quantcast

Greenleaf Season 5 Episode 3, "The Third Day"

cwilch

PRINKY
Reaction score
Reactions
6,718 297 263
Alleybux
I cant believe y’all feel more sorry for grace than aj. I don’t feel a tiny bit of compassion for Grace NOR lady Mae. Mae is likeable but she is thee worst mother a child could have. Aj and faith have much in common and so do grace and Mae.

Bonjour Belle

A People Without A Vision Would Perish.
Reaction score
Reactions
5,306 209 78
Alleybux
Ya’ll. Why does “AJ” look the way he does. I can’t put my finger on what it is, but he just looks so ugh and it makes me uncomfortable. That combined with the bland, monotone acting skill. Yikes. He must be someone’s cousin who got him cast as a favor because...(n) I guess it’s understandable that he has been acting out because of what happened to him though.
images
upload_2020-7-9_20-7-46.jpeg

Jacob is not a bad looking guy. Per his acting, I think he did a better job on All Rise and Grey's Anatomy. Whereas with the Greenleaf role, I find myself questioning his interpretation of the character. The monotone/mumbling voice is a major turn off. His approach should've been more subtle than grating. The late actor Irrfan Khan who brought minimalism to mainstream acting said, "less is more." Using the "less is more" approach for casting, I would've cast Quincy Brown in the role of AJ.

ChiLawyer

One of One. The Only One.
Reaction score
Reactions
77,180 1,390 280
Alleybux
After some thought, I am secure in my conclusion that “AJ” is full of it. His big reveal was lackluster and predictable, but also not a sufficient explanation for his actions. The drug use, sure. The robberies, sure. But the way he acts toward Grace and his constant need to run away? No. Why would he leave when the Greenleafs have the resources to get him the best treatment possible? Also HIV does not carry the stigma it once did.
images
View attachment 1717368
Jacob is not a bad looking guy. Per his acting, I think he did a better job on All Rise and Grey's Anatomy. Whereas with the Greenleaf role, I find myself questioning his interpretation of the character. The monotone/mumbling voice is a major turn off. His approach should've been more subtle than grating. The late actor Irrfan Khan who brought minimalism to mainstream acting said, "less is more." Using the "less is more" approach for casting, I would've cast Quincy Brown in the role of AJ.

He’s not actually bad looking, but I think the combination of lighting, facial expressions, mumbly voice, and overall poor storyline affects my perception of it. My discomfort is not from the way he looks, it’s just the whole package/scenario if that makes sense. I have the same feelings toward Quincy unfortunately. Like I KNOW he is conventionally attractive, but I just can’t get into him and he irked my soul in Brotherly Love.

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,373 1,957 302
Alleybux
This show really went downhill the moment AJ was introduced. We still have no explanation for the random AJ lookalike.

Peroxide

ɴᴇᴡ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ//ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
179,931 5,192 643
Alleybux
Lol. It's clear from this thread that y'all can't stand him. But I was just wondering if there was any evidence in the show that he could be lying about being Grace's son.
Last season, he kept acting all flighty and unhinged. Someone could clear their throat, and he'd start up with that "I'm leaving" bµllsh!t. He also looked/acted guilty and conflicted most of the time. That's why I always thought he may have been conning them.

MindingMyBusiness

Sitting Pretty
Reaction score
Reactions
52,506 896 149
Alleybux
I jus caught up! And idk how I was shocked by AJ reveal. It just feel like too much, and how does it fit into the storyline!

And Chlamyressa is soo mad Jacob don’t want her ass

Kelly Price

High as hell & long winded
Reaction score
Reactions
89,746 3,075 1,568
Alleybux
I think she's trying to channel Whitley Gilbert

I said the same thing when she resurfaced this season. I always hated WG accent. Like girl what south you lived in talking like that? Lmao

I HATE KORRINE'S WIG!!!!!!!!!

I hate all of her wigs. Ch...she be wearing those wigs outside of work too. She walk right off the set with the wig lmao.
20200726_041540.jpg

Kelly Price

High as hell & long winded
Reaction score
Reactions
89,746 3,075 1,568
Alleybux
chile im suprised charity even remembers lil nathan. i thought his ass was in the void somewhere

In the stars on a string like his twin.

When carlton told Charity he would hold on to "metaphorical baby kite" she probably wanted to ask him to hold on to Nathan for a while too. :whistle:

Soso72

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,025 110 110
Alleybux
Catching up with S5..

I need to rewatch S4 cause I don't get the hatred twds Charity.
I might have switched off cause S4 was all about bloody AJ.

Bloody hell. GG and her kids conditions, I guess becoming a granny is out of question.

Also why did not the doctor offer her to go on a PEP treatment to avoid being infected by AJ's condition? The guy was bleeding and she was bathing in it.i don't get it.

I loved Noah season 1 but now he is a pain in the ass. I done blame GG at all. He turned up late and wants to play happy familly. Smh

Tasha wants the.... Well done Jacob.
Speaking of which that Tara seems to fancy him lol...

2phat

Pro BW
Reaction score
Reactions
117,592 5,996 4,738
Alleybux
I'm convinced that y'all co-wrote this show with y'all's predictions. Didn't someone call that AJ had HIV? I mean it doesn't really add much to the story...other than confirmation bias for the viewers...