Guess the city: European edition

Reactions
6,324 316 1,139
Alleybux
Give people clues about the city you're from and let's see if we can guess what it is. I'll start:
Banking city, but also famous for its crackhead population, crime and large Eritrean community. Has a sausage named after it.

Reactions
86,693 1,783 984
Alleybux
Give people clues about the city you're from and let's see if we can guess what it is. I'll start:
Banking city, but also famous for its crackhead population, crime and large Eritrean community. Has a sausage named after it.
Frankfurtttttt?
I didn’t know they had a large Eritrean population, I would have guessed Milan but the sausage comment gave it away.

꧁꧂
Reactions
15,320 224 17
Alleybux
To English speakers and Christians, my city's name may sound "Satanic" and sound like "falling into the underworld".

I don't know what my city is known for to foreigners tbh lol

Reactions
44 1
Alleybux
I've always imagined Frankfurt as just being full of pretentious yuppie bankers. Had no idea it has crackheads and crime lmaoo
Its weird because the crackheads are all mixed in with the rich banker side and seem to coexist pretty well.

Reactions
478 6 14
Alleybux
Helsinki!
Damn you're good. I saw the clue within seconds of it being posted but nothing ever came to my mind lol.
Its weird because the crackheads are all mixed in with the rich banker side and seem to coexist pretty well.
Oh really? That's interesting! So the Frankfurt investment banking population aren't particularly conservative?

Reactions
44 1
Alleybux
Damn you're good. I saw the clue within seconds of it being posted but nothing ever came to my mind lol.

Oh really? That's interesting! So the Frankfurt investment banking population aren't particularly conservative?
Thanks! And i’ve only visited Frankfurt, but I was in nice areas and there were (i’m assuming) crackheads and prostitutes doing their business on the same street and people didn’t seem to really mind lol

Reactions
6,324 316 1,139
Alleybux
Reactions
6,324 316 1,139
Alleybux
Why the crackheads? Any particular reason?
So I asked my fiance and he says that it's because Frankfurt is a huge transport hub. Planes bring the coke from South America and the dealers distribute the crack at the main train station.

At train stations everywhere in Germany you'll find your fair share of addicts. He says that in the 90s, before you had to pay to use the bathrooms like today, junkies would congregate there and shoot up in the public restrooms. The bathrooms used to be hella disgusting. Over time the cities started to clean up and build centres for the addicts where they could shoot safely and methadone clinics. I think Frankfurt, like Skid Row, has good support structures for addicts so they come from all over Germany, Eastern Europe and Central Asia to get high there and sell their bodies for drugs.

Berlin is similar, but just more spread out because it's a bigger city. The action is more concentrated in Frankfurt.

Reactions
5,498 32 11
Alleybux
So I asked my fiance and he says that it's because Frankfurt is a huge transport hub. Planes bring the coke from South America and the dealers distribute the crack at the main train station.

At train stations everywhere in Germany you'll find your fair share of addicts. He says that in the 90s, before you had to pay to use the bathrooms like today, junkies would congregate there and shoot up in the public restrooms. The bathrooms used to be hella disgusting. Over time the cities started to clean up and build centres for the addicts where they could shoot safely and methadone clinics. I think Frankfurt, like Skid Row, has good support structures for addicts so they come from all over Germany, Eastern Europe and Central Asia to get high there and sell their bodies for drugs.

Berlin is similar, but just more spread out because it's a bigger city. The action is more concentrated in Frankfurt.
Seems like a good analysis, makes sense. Thanks for asking!

The Culture

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Transgender Woman Shot To Death By Date She Met On Plenty of Fish
They should disclose their trans identity to their potential mates mainly because the strong possibility of being beaten and killed...
Opinion--Prince's The Truth album is my favorite of his 90's work.
Uh...my local record store people never divulge what they’re going to have in stock come RSD. They say they won’t know until the night before and...
House Panel Advances Bill to Study Reparations in Historic Vote
We'll see. And that there is the problem. You want to sit back and see. When the actual response needs to be lobbying. This now is not about...
Monroe Steele, fashion IG and YouTube influencer
that is not the same thing. And personally I cannot reconcile the dichotomy that on one hand you are telling me about Chanel, Cartier etc and...
Is it time for Black community to change our fashion sense
Lol, this is almost as bad as the other generalizations made in this thread. There are definitely rich white people who show the hell off (cars...
DMX & THE POUND : TEA on beloved rapper many side chicks, 9 bms & 17 kids.
So what is pebbles I thought she was weeping widow lol Pebbles is just Pebbles Yadira is Weeping Widow. She’s the only one that has that name...
Married at First Sight: Season 12 Atlanta (Watch Thread) - Starts Jan. 13
At this point, Ryan is withholding sex because he knows how badly Clara wants it! She should have never got into the habit of playing with his...
  • Poll
Have you ever dated a man/woman that makes more than $100,000K a year?
I have but 100k isnt a lot especially if they are maintaining a certian lifestyle. II magine the majority of people on here who have connected...
Top Bottom