Quantcast

Guess the city: European edition

bitcesnijega

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,252 1,383 2,151
Alleybux
Give people clues about the city you're from and let's see if we can guess what it is. I'll start:
Banking city, but also famous for its crackhead population, crime and large Eritrean community. Has a sausage named after it.

Ms Vandross

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
184,559 15,255 8,202
Alleybux
Give people clues about the city you're from and let's see if we can guess what it is. I'll start:
Banking city, but also famous for its crackhead population, crime and large Eritrean community. Has a sausage named after it.
Frankfurtttttt?
I didn’t know they had a large Eritrean population, I would have guessed Milan but the sausage comment gave it away.

amwood842

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,367 407 374
Alleybux
I've always imagined Frankfurt as just being full of pretentious yuppie bankers. Had no idea it has crackheads and crime lmaoo

erikum

꧁꧂
Reaction score
Reactions
16,886 314 30
Alleybux
To English speakers and Christians, my city's name may sound "Satanic" and sound like "falling into the underworld".

I don't know what my city is known for to foreigners tbh lol

chaiboba

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
71 3
Alleybux
To English speakers and Christians, my city's name may sound "Satanic" and sound like "falling into the underworld".

I don't know what my city is known for to foreigners tbh lol
Helsinki!

chaiboba

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
71 3
Alleybux
I've always imagined Frankfurt as just being full of pretentious yuppie bankers. Had no idea it has crackheads and crime lmaoo
Its weird because the crackheads are all mixed in with the rich banker side and seem to coexist pretty well.

IIOO

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,793 11,773 29,821
Alleybux

Obviously Frankfurt.

amwood842

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,367 407 374
Alleybux
Helsinki!
Damn you're good. I saw the clue within seconds of it being posted but nothing ever came to my mind lol.
Its weird because the crackheads are all mixed in with the rich banker side and seem to coexist pretty well.
Oh really? That's interesting! So the Frankfurt investment banking population aren't particularly conservative?

chaiboba

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
71 3
Alleybux
Damn you're good. I saw the clue within seconds of it being posted but nothing ever came to my mind lol.

Oh really? That's interesting! So the Frankfurt investment banking population aren't particularly conservative?
Thanks! And i’ve only visited Frankfurt, but I was in nice areas and there were (i’m assuming) crackheads and prostitutes doing their business on the same street and people didn’t seem to really mind lol

bitcesnijega

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,252 1,383 2,151
Alleybux

bitcesnijega

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,252 1,383 2,151
Alleybux
Why the crackheads? Any particular reason?
So I asked my fiance and he says that it's because Frankfurt is a huge transport hub. Planes bring the coke from South America and the dealers distribute the crack at the main train station.

At train stations everywhere in Germany you'll find your fair share of addicts. He says that in the 90s, before you had to pay to use the bathrooms like today, junkies would congregate there and shoot up in the public restrooms. The bathrooms used to be hella disgusting. Over time the cities started to clean up and build centres for the addicts where they could shoot safely and methadone clinics. I think Frankfurt, like Skid Row, has good support structures for addicts so they come from all over Germany, Eastern Europe and Central Asia to get high there and sell their bodies for drugs.

Berlin is similar, but just more spread out because it's a bigger city. The action is more concentrated in Frankfurt.

Zar33

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,875 2,166 1,569
Alleybux
So I asked my fiance and he says that it's because Frankfurt is a huge transport hub. Planes bring the coke from South America and the dealers distribute the crack at the main train station.

At train stations everywhere in Germany you'll find your fair share of addicts. He says that in the 90s, before you had to pay to use the bathrooms like today, junkies would congregate there and shoot up in the public restrooms. The bathrooms used to be hella disgusting. Over time the cities started to clean up and build centres for the addicts where they could shoot safely and methadone clinics. I think Frankfurt, like Skid Row, has good support structures for addicts so they come from all over Germany, Eastern Europe and Central Asia to get high there and sell their bodies for drugs.

Berlin is similar, but just more spread out because it's a bigger city. The action is more concentrated in Frankfurt.
Seems like a good analysis, makes sense. Thanks for asking!