Quantcast

Guy from tinder refuses to share social media information

ioneo

أعيش في أحلام
Reaction score
Reactions
7,923 314 58
Alleybux
I understand why someone might be reluctant to share their social media information, but the reasons he gave you sound strange to me. I think that he is either very insecure about his financial situation or he's in a relationship and/or has children.

rebelle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,685 72 57
Alleybux
I stopped giving my socials too. I want to post/engage with my friends/family in peace. Most of those guys from dating apps, watched my stories, had access to me that they didn’t deserve so I cut that out.

His reasoning comes off like an insecurity thing to me. I think if y’all would’ve FaceTimed/VideoChat then the socials wouldn’t had mattered..

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,168 7,433 1,115
Alleybux
It’s weird you continued this conversation with him after he told you no. If you really needed his social media you could get his number save it and find friends by contacts or reverse searched his image on Google BUT a that’s too much effort for a man on an app. These dudes aren’t worth anything and he’s probably flexing and married.
I do a reverse look up of his phone number and ask for his email address then do a reverse lookup on that as well because folks use the same email for everything ( Tell you want to email him something ... lol ) . You have to use an email to sign up on FB

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,168 7,433 1,115
Alleybux
I can understand to a degree not wanting to share your Instagram account due to privacy reasons however I was taken aback as I have never had a guy decline or say it was too personal. I feel like most people in my age group (20s) don’t have this concern.

Also, his reason for not wanting to share his Instagram account was because he felt women only ask because they’re looking for someone with status who can provide them with a certain lifestyle...eye roll

Anyways, I took fonts advice and wished him best of luck. He then went and updated his profile to say “No you can’t see my social media yet. I won’t be prematurely judged by my social status”...LOL
Nah block this one .... something is indeed off

girlyteengirl

from farawayville
Reaction score
Reactions
23,780 795 207
Alleybux
I’ve been asked that, too and said no because I’m a private person. My IG is only for the homies and I don’t want randoms in my life. I made a Snapchat though for this reason since people asked too many times about exchanging social media.

however, this dude could also be lying because he’s embarrassed by something in his feed or he isn’t truly available. The best person to ask would be him, himself.

girlyteengirl

from farawayville
Reaction score
Reactions
23,780 795 207
Alleybux
Honestly, you did the right thing though, because unless you're posing in front of a box on a corner with the caption "this is my house", or you always take pics in very, very low income places, then there's no way that you can tell someone is broke by looking at their IG. There's plenty of people on IG who is thousands of dollars in debt, but they pose in front of hotels to act like they're traveling, take pics in clothes just to return it back, and I remember a few years ago when influencers got caught about lying about private flights, but it was just really a set. People floss on IG without a penny to their names, so I would side eye the hell out of the claim that his IG show his financial situation. I would've stopped talking to him too.
lol imagine someone posting a photo and like just captioning it, “this is my house”

Ezra Miller

⭐ DA NAME STAYS! PM ME FOR YOUR TAROT NEEDS ⭐
Reaction score
Reactions
287,362 9,789 5,303
Alleybux
Do a quick video chat before the date to check 'chemistry' and all that.

Also, he doesn't have to give you his social media accounts, but his reasoning is a red flag.

He basically called you and women in general, gold diggers. Whether he's hiding a lie wouldn't be the problem for me, but his mindset. Sounds like another paranoid redpill guy who thinks very highly of himself.