Alleybux
U sure Somalia ain’t on the list? lmao....anyway I'm moving to Mozambique lol

Justin Bieber

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
1,085 37 22
Alleybux
What do they mean by 'similar to'? Cause some of those countries that they're similar too I wouldn't want to visit.

TONYC

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,782 4,943 2,341
Alleybux
The determining factors are problematic.

Happiness is internal, and can only be determined by the indivudual.

A survey asking citizens "Is you happy?", "Well, how happy is you?" woulda been more valid.

Mother

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
288,313 10,756 1,116
Alleybux
Angola is Africa's happiest country, according to a new global survey of 156 countries released Monday.

The southern African country surprisingly toppled last year's leader, the perennial African paradise of Mauritius, according to the World Happiness Report 2013.

This will likely generate debate given the perception of Angola as having high corruption and inequality levels, and frequent criticism of its human rights record by campaign groups.

Algeria, Libya and Nigeria round out the top five happiest countries on the continent, while Ghana, Zambia, Mozambique, South Africa and Lesotho are the next five African nations that are most content.

No African country ranked in the top 50 of the survey, now in its second year, while the five lowest ranked countries were from the continent.

The ranking also threw up some other surprises, including placing countries such as Somaliland, Zimbabwe and DR Congo well ahead of others perceived as more prosperous and stable such as Botswana, Senegal and Tanzania.

The report is sponsored by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network which was established by United Nations secretary-general Ban Ki-moon and comes ahead of the annual General Assembly.

Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are expected to replace the Millennium Development Goals which end in 2015.

Measuring happiness

The first report on global well-being released last year followed the first UN high-level meeting on happiness held in April 2012.

The authors say the survey is meant to contribute to the debate as to the direction of public policy and to push authorities to align such policy to what really matters to their citizens.

The report defines happiness both as an emotion (were you happy this morning?) and an evaluation of one's life as a whole.

It relies heavily on the Gallup World Poll, which has been running since 2005, and notes that despite the financial crises of recent years the world has over the last five years generally become a happier place.

Gallup's poll typically interviews 1,000 respondents per country. The World Happiness Report 2013 says it averaged the three most recent polls of 2010-12 to achieve a sample size of 3,000, therefore reducing uncertainty in estimates.

It also compares the results with earlier years so as to identify trends.

Six variables are used in the survey, namely GDP per capita, years of healthy life expectancy, social support systems, perception of corruption, prevalence of generosity and the freedom to make life choices.

The happiest countries globally were Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, Netherlands and Sweden.

Overall African rankings:

1-Angola, 2-Mauritius, 3-Algeria, 4-Libya, 5-Nigeria, 6-Ghana, 7-Zambia, 8-Mozambique, 9-South Africa, 10-Lesotho, 11-Morocco, 12-Swaziland, 13-Somaliland, 14-Zimbabwe, 15-Tunisia, 16-Mauritania, 17-Djibouti, 18-Congo DR, 19-Ethiopia, 20-Uganda, 21-Cameroon, 22-Kenya, 23-Sudan, 24-Sierra Leone, 25-Congo-Brazzaville, 26-Egypt, 27-Burkina Faso, 28-Mali, 29-Liberia, 30-Niger, 31-Gabon, 32-Malawi, 33-Chad, 34-Botswana, 35-Madagascar, 36-Senegal, 37- Comoros, 38-Guinea, 39-Tanzania, 40-Rwanda, 41-Burundi, 42-Central African Republic, 43-Benin, 44-Togo

http://www.africareview.com/News/Ar...ntries/-/979180/1984734/-/20mrrx/-/index.html

Kareem Said

As of today, I run Oz.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,196 17 3
Alleybux
of course Ghana's on the list. Suya grills on every street corner. how doesn't that make you smile.

GalDesiresFntsy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,792 224 64
Alleybux
Damn, there's no African country that is at least a 6 or 7?

No African country ranked in the top 50 of the survey, now in its second year, while the five lowest ranked countries were from the continent.
This bothers me.

Zaila

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,102 25 22
Alleybux
Angola is Africa's happiest country, according to a new global survey of 156 countries released Monday.

The southern African country surprisingly toppled last year's leader, the perennial African paradise of Mauritius, according to the World Happiness Report 2013.

This will likely generate debate given the perception of Angola as having high corruption and inequality levels, and frequent criticism of its human rights record by campaign groups.

Algeria, Libya and Nigeria round out the top five happiest countries on the continent, while Ghana, Zambia, Mozambique, South Africa and Lesotho are the next five African nations that are most content.

The ranking also threw up some other surprises, including placing countries such as Somaliland, Zimbabwe and DR Congo well ahead of others perceived as more prosperous and stable such as Botswana, Senegal and Tanzania.

The report is sponsored by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network which was established by United Nations secretary-general Ban Ki-moon and comes ahead of the annual General Assembly.

Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are expected to replace the Millennium Development Goals which end in 2015.

Measuring happiness

The first report on global well-being released last year followed the first UN high-level meeting on happiness held in April 2012.

The authors say the survey is meant to contribute to the debate as to the direction of public policy and to push authorities to align such policy to what really matters to their citizens.

The report defines happiness both as an emotion (were you happy this morning?) and an evaluation of one's life as a whole.

It relies heavily on the Gallup World Poll, which has been running since 2005, and notes that despite the financial crises of recent years the world has over the last five years generally become a happier place.

Gallup's poll typically interviews 1,000 respondents per country. The World Happiness Report 2013 says it averaged the three most recent polls of 2010-12 to achieve a sample size of 3,000, therefore reducing uncertainty in estimates.

It also compares the results with earlier years so as to identify trends.

Six variables are used in the survey, namely GDP per capita, years of healthy life expectancy, social support systems, perception of corruption, prevalence of generosity and the freedom to make life choices.

The happiest countries globally were Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, Netherlands and Sweden.

Overall African rankings:

1-Angola, 2-Mauritius, 3-Algeria, 4-Libya, 5-Nigeria, 6-Ghana, 7-Zambia, 8-Mozambique, 9-South Africa, 10-Lesotho, 11-Morocco, 12-Swaziland, 13-Somaliland, 14-Zimbabwe, 15-Tunisia, 16-Mauritania, 17-Djibouti, 18-Congo DR, 19-Ethiopia, 20-Uganda, 21-Cameroon, 22-Kenya, 23-Sudan, 24-Sierra Leone, 25-Congo-Brazzaville, 26-Egypt, 27-Burkina Faso, 28-Mali, 29-Liberia, 30-Niger, 31-Gabon, 32-Malawi, 33-Chad, 34-Botswana, 35-Madagascar, 36-Senegal, 37- Comoros, 38-Guinea, 39-Tanzania, 40-Rwanda, 41-Burundi, 42-Central African Republic, 43-Benin, 44-Togo

http://www.africareview.com/News/Are-these-Africas-happiest-countries/-/979180
/1984734/-/20mrrx/-/index.html

:pdance::pdance:

Sonata

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
802 11 2
Alleybux
You don't understand, I'm obsessed and fascinated by that country...:in-love:

Tell me more!!!! lol

The people are extremely friendly and warm. The country is very chilled and liberal. The food is amazing. Seriously it is a blend of African, Portuguese, Arab, Indian, and Chinese cuisine. The beaches up north are to die for. I am not going to lie and tell you about the good and ignore the bad. The infrastructure sucks. Hospitals should be improved. We need more universities. When it rains, well at least in the capital its a mess. But overall you will fall in love with Moz. If you are serious about visiting let me know, I will be your hostess. We could even visit other countries in southern african such as South Africa, Botswana, Tanzanian ( since we share a boarder it nothing but a couple hours drive.)

Zaila

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,102 25 22
Alleybux
The people are extremely friendly and warm. The country is very chilled and liberal. The food is amazing. Seriously it is a blend of African, Portuguese, Arab, Indian, and Chinese cuisine. The beaches up north are to die for. I am not going to lie and tell you about the good and ignore the bad. The infrastructure sucks. Hospitals should be improved. We need more universities. When it rains, well at least in the capital its a mess. But overall you will fall in love with Moz. If you are serious about visiting let me know, I will be your hostess. We could even visit other countries in southern african such as South Africa, Botswana, Tanzanian ( since we share a boarder it nothing but a couple hours drive.)

That's awesome! I'll pm you k? :psmile:

ps: If you ever wanna visit Djibouti, I got you lol

Sanaa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
18,885 889 1,125
Alleybux
of course Ghana's on the list. Suya grills on every street corner. how doesn't that make you smile.
GHANAINS were always Number 1 on this list for many years, until that thief and corrupt dramani and his ndc party took over and stealing billions of dollars. Ghanaians are the most prayerful nation and most religious, they continuosly pray to get back there, free healthcre, free education and they will get there soon.

But when it comes to Soccer, there is NOTHING like sadness in that nation (there is not a single human being not happy on that land during soccer matches - women men kids) and 2014 is around the corner, but FIFA God Ponish you ppl, or puttin Ghana with Germany Again, Anuofias!! pure conspiracy.

diamond18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
14,214 18 13
Alleybux
I thought Ghana would be number one. Lol not because I am Ghanaian but...we are just very content.

Sanaa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
18,885 889 1,125
Alleybux
I thought Ghana would be number one. Lol not because I am Ghanaian but...we are just very content.

I SEE NUMBER 13 IS REAL MAD COS THEY AINT NEVER BEEN IN TOP 10,, HMM I WONDER WHYY THATS SO :pwink: