Quantcast

Has anyone ever been betrayed by a pastor?

boom1234

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,473 521 366
Alleybux
The pastor at my former church was screwing everybody in a skirt, beat his wife, and stealing the church’s money. The final straw was when his secretary testified that she was a lesbian and leaving her husband for a woman.

StormStokes

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
60,264 2,369 107
Alleybux
that is really sad. i can't imagine

i remember at the church my mom used to go to-the pastor was counseling a man who was struggling with his sexuality and the pastor threw it up in his face in front of everyone when the man got in the prayer line. i was 11/12 when that happened and never forgot it.

Daria M

Daria Morgendorffer
Reaction score
Reactions
44,316 1,362 946
Alleybux
This happened to a family member of mine. Confided that they were having marital problems. That very Sunday the pastor was on the pulpit telling their business.

That’s why I am an advocate of if you need counselling go to a medical professional. Medical professionals have to abide by medical health disclosure laws.

GigiLaMoore

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
149,259 1,871 1,040
Alleybux
I’m sure many have. The church can be a toxic place.

Yes, indeed. When I was an active church goer, I stayed away from the pastor. After church when he would be making his way to greet people, I would make sure that I was on the other side of the room. I don't want to know the pastor as a person. I just want him to accurately preach and represent the word of God. If I befriend him, then I would start making excuses if he missed the mark.

I think people start assigning super human attributes to the pastor. I know people whose every phrase starts with, "Pastor says". No, no ma'am. I want to be able to evaluate who the pastor really is. I would advise if someone needs counseling, they seek it from a qualified stranger. There are Christian counselors if a person wants faith based counseling.

ZeeZeeblue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
350,305 16,543 14,650
Alleybux
Many people have. Pastors are people. They eat & sh!t just like everybody else. People are trusting and they assume that what they tell will be kept private. Not true. Pastors tell everyone's business. They gossip about it.

People need to understand that Church is a business. The Pastors are there to make MONEY. They do it in the name of God and by putting guilt & fear into the followers. Thats how they stay in control.

I left the Church YEARS ago.
And have not looked back!

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,318 4,977 407
Alleybux
There are good pastors and bad pastors.

Trust your gut and don't be swayed by optics. If you are in tune with prayer, you will be guided accordingly!

There's no point remaining at your church if the spirit ain't right and if it feels fishy.

ClawdeenWolf

Howling @ these crazy ghouls
Reaction score
Reactions
164,032 5,867 3,980
Alleybux
One sunday my foster mother got her hand a little too caressed right next to me by the pastor with some healing lotion at the end of the sermon. He also invited her for private studies ..right in front of us..That was the last time we went to church in my childhood.

As an adult a pastor was also a mechanic. He was fliritng with me hard while fixing my friends car. My friend was his cousin. Invited us for chruch ..it was so creepy btw.. He kept trying to get people to come up and get saved ...he was talking to me specifically. Everyone kept turning to look at me.
He even stood right next to me trying to get me to come up ..eventually he called me out. I told him I had already been saved. I shoulda exposed his ass I was beyond confused and stuttering . Didnt step foot in a church for years after that.

Then the next time the pastor stared at me the whole sermon
. i kept asking my sister was I tripping ..she told me no .
Another church goer saw it and commented at me to..he was staring into my soul the whole time and at the end chased me down and asked me was I becoming a member.. Im like here is a pastor with a harem ..his wife had a Cadillac purse ..and u physically could not leave without a donation or tides ...disgusting

Last edited:

Vixy76

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,477 1,858 1,040
Alleybux
Yeap now they aren't all bad but a lot are fake and arrogant or abusing power. My Dad is a minister but he's one of the few that lives what he preaches but he's always been that way.

Now the pastor I grew up with I recently found out was a creep. He tried it with some odd behavior. I pretty much told on him but I don't plan on coming back to his church specifically. He's known me since I was a baby Smh it's a shame.

Secondly I talked to a pastor for a little while and this fool was married. And even after I found out he still tried to encourage an entanglement. Just an entire hornball.

This youth minister I dated, he's a good guy but he'd get all weird cuz he would have urges around me...I'm like ugh that just means your attracted to me that's normal. He was waiting til marriage which was fine but you can't be weird when normal stuff happens....

Anyway don't put much stock in them. They are just regular ppl. Develop your own Relationship with the Lord and real your Bible yourself. If you seek counsel from a pastor just remember they aren't your God....they very much mess up and do weird Activity. And also don't date one smh they need to just be single fr

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,703 9,333 4,309
Alleybux
Years ago I was betrayed by a pastor. I was going through some real serious stuff in my life and he had told me he would personally help me out by providing something like counsel and Bible verses to help me through it. He never did but he was quick to ask how I was doing every Sunday. It wasn't really that much in the grand scheme but when you're going through a lot and you turn to the church for help, then the pastor offers to help you and repeatedly forgets for whatever reason, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I turned my back on church for a good ten years after that.