Quantcast

Has anyone ever hired an interior decorator?

Roxie Cette

Quoted for perpetuity; I ❤️ screenshots
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
17,632 389 243
Alleybux
I know, I what most of you will say.... I should do it myself, don't waste the money. But although I have some really great pieces that I bought for my apartment I am having trouble time together my the living room dining room kitchen. Open concept Living Spaces have me ship!!!. I have to buy new living room furniture and I have my dining room table, I have my artwork from prabir and I just need a way to pull it all together. I am seriously considering hiring an interior decorator. I have found that I may have two-thirds of the room together but they'll just be one part that's just left kind of clutter. So, can anyone recommend someone in the tri-state area? what are the costs associated with the interior decorator meaning what should I expect to pay for just this one area. I'm not asking them to pain I've already painted I'm asking them to use what I have and also help me purchase new furniture and pieces to tie the rooms together in a neat little sexy bow.
have any of you use an interior decorator and where you happy with their services?

Reaction score
Reactions
2,670 69 39
Alleybux
My bestie used one and the designer told her that she needed to commit to spending 25K per room. However, they used her for a renovation and the designer really did a lot of work (as well overseeing construction).

Since you already have nice stuff, why not hire a local stager? They'll use what you have and can make it flow.

When I move, I plan to use Laurel & Wolf online interior designers. It's under $200 for a room. They give you a plan, but you are responsible for implementing it.

Good Luck!

Petti LaBelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,609 1,766 577
Alleybux
bumping this thread rather than making a new one.

Has anyone used an interior designer or havenly, laurel & wolf etc? @Tahitian Moon Why LW?

We just moved in and have nearly no furniture so I want to make sure we get pieces that 'go' together. Any thoughts to consider before hiring? Are they worth the cost??!!

Lady Spencer

Princess of Wales
Reaction score
Reactions
79,749 4,835 951
Alleybux
My bestie used one and the designer told her that she needed to commit to spending 25K per room. However, they used her for a renovation and the designer really did a lot of work (as well overseeing construction).

Since you already have nice stuff, why not hire a local stager? They'll use what you have and can make it flow.

When I move, I plan to use Laurel & Wolf online interior designers. It's under $200 for a room. They give you a plan, but you are responsible for implementing it.

Good Luck!

I know this is an old topic but I've noticed a lot of my customers have found my artwork On Laurel & Wolf and I read they are very doable--if that make sense.

CeCe24

Watching great chefs of the world
Reaction score
Reactions
35,581 821 218
Alleybux
I have never used one, just Pinterest and magazines. The laurel and Wolf sounds like a great idea if you're not into spending hours online picking colors schemes out.

LadyZoidberg

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,996 71 16
Alleybux
Yes. Mine was a major remodel and having someone on my side to deal with the contractor when things went sideways (and they always do) was worth every penny. She even found overcharges on the invoice that I missed when I went through it.

ETA: Mine was an interior designer. She also does decor but that wasn't what she was planning for my project.

ShadyEsq

⚜️Creole. ADOS.Proud ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
267,816 10,509 1,537
Alleybux
Once for my home office. He did an impeccable job and everyone raves about the space however I'm not as comfy in it as I should be.

I would really suggest taking your time and using online resources to make the space yours.

devilicious

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,929 7,667 2,603
Alleybux
no, but i would research the person before hiring them, especially if they are white. i have a neighbor who has always looked at me like a deer caught in headlights and turns out she is racist - talks to a black guy who is uncletom like a servant - and she is an interior designer.

Petti LaBelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,609 1,766 577
Alleybux
I signed up for Laurel an Wolf for two rooms downstairs. Their current sale makes the Classic option $90. Trying to upload pics of my rooms now and the videos are too big ugh.