Quantcast

Has anyone started a Youtube Channel?

RasberryViolet

pisces szn
Reaction score
Reactions
361,593 9,305 939
Alleybux
I want to get into the Youtube business I was thinking of either making a weight loss journey channel or an ASMR channel. My question is what equipment do you use for your channel and do you think it's a good idea to start either of these youtube channels?

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,801 8,268 1,121
Alleybux
ASMR is a great category. There’s so many things you can do. From trying on lip gloss to mukbang to role playing, there’s no limit to what you can do with ASMR

You can easily make your channel unique depending on the type of vids you make.

I want to do it myself but I currently don’t have time to dedicate to it. That’s a very important thing you need if you want to pursue YouTube seriously and make money off it.

angelicpretty

Put it on his face like I'm dancing on a facetime
Reaction score
Reactions
22,480 466 51
Alleybux
I originally used my iPhone but I just purchased a Canon M50. EVERYBODY says start off with your phone but I don’t like it cuz it takes up a lot of storage and it’s too harsh for my liking.
you also need a tripod, an external mic, and lighting if you live somewhere where there’s sh!tty lighting like I do. There’s little kits for like $50 at Best Buy to get started.

melancholygrl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,180 1,351 221
Alleybux
ASMR is a great category. There’s so many things you can do. From trying on lip gloss to mukbang to role playing, there’s no limit to what you can do with ASMR

You can easily make your channel unique depending on the type of vids you make.

I want to do it myself but I currently don’t have time to dedicate to it. That’s a very important thing you need if you want to pursue YouTube seriously and make money off it.
I thought YouTube stopped monetizing ASMR videos, or was that a false alarm?

RasberryViolet

pisces szn
Reaction score
Reactions
361,593 9,305 939
Alleybux
I thought YouTube stopped monetizing ASMR videos, or was that a false alarm?
Wow! I never heard about that. After some researching, I do see it is true, but some ASMR artists have gotten around it. Damn that sucks though
Yeah, I just read an article about it they demonetized ASMR because people like posting "xesual content, faulty algorithms, political correctness, and trolling.". Which sucks I don't understand why the ASMRists that want to do xesual content just take that to a pδrn website?

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,801 8,268 1,121
Alleybux
Yeah, I just read an article about it they demonetized ASMR because people like posting "xesual content, faulty algorithms, political correctness, and trolling.". Which sucks I don't understand why the ASMRists that want to do xesual content just take that to a pδrn website?

They want to build up a following first, then make a specific Patreon or OF later for more money.

Itsmeokay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,222 5,150 1,146
Alleybux
I have a dusty ASMR channel. I haven't been able to really record content because of my loud ass family. I've thought about changing the format and reading that YT demonetized ASMR confirms my decision. Thanks y'all.

BLAC N MILD

SteppinOnSh*t...
Reaction score
Reactions
186,712 5,284 3,248
Alleybux
I just started one recently. I've been debating if I wanted to post my first video, in the nail care alley, to get some advice on what I could do better. lol

DominaHW

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
441,166 9,374 4,422
Alleybux
Are YouTube channels still profitable? It seems harder to make them pop now. ASMR is saturated and so are the tarot/astrology YouTubers. And beauty and makeup have BEEN saturated for a while now.

Last year, I saw a lot of cozy, day-in-my-life videos from Asian YouTubers that I really liked. I see that those are very popular in Japan, especially. There aren't too many Americans doing the same, so that might still be an underdeveloped niche.

Also, I was SHOCKED at how many views people get for Study With Me videos. Literally, people just sitting down and studying and taking notes and getting millions of views. That might be another thing to jump on. I remember feeling like I missed the mukbang boat -- who wouldn't want to get paid to eat?? But it looks like there's still room for low-effort videos like Study With Me, Write With Me, etc.

Last edited:

Ayebihitsme

Just for giggles
Reaction score
Reactions
8,370 271 35
Alleybux
Are YouTube channels still profitable? It seems harder to make them pop now. ASMR is saturated and so are the tarot/astrology YouTubers. And beauty and makeup have BEEN saturated for a while now.

Last year, I saw a lot of cozy, day-in-my-life videos from Asian YouTubers that I really liked. I see that those are very popular in Japan, especially. There aren't too many Americans doing the same, so that might still be an underdeveloped niche.

Also, I was SHOCKED at how many views people get for Study With Me videos. Literally, people just sitting down and studying and taking notes and getting millions of views. That might be another thing to jump around. I remember feeling like I missed the mukbang boat -- who wouldn't want to get paid to eat?? But it looks like there's still room for low-effort videos like Study With Me, Write With Me, etc.
This is what I’m also thinking of doing. Just some really nice blogs with clean editing. I really love watching the Asian vlogs for their editing. I personally can’t get into the study with me videos, but they definitely got more people watching them than I originally thought it would. It kind of makes sense tho, if people are studying with them literally. Some people just don’t want to feel alone.

i’m just too afraid to put myself out there right now LOL.

RasberryViolet

pisces szn
Reaction score
Reactions
361,593 9,305 939
Alleybux

Also, I was SHOCKED at how many views people get for Study With Me videos. Literally, people just sitting down and studying and taking notes and getting millions of views. That might be another thing to jump around. I remember feeling like I missed the mukbang boat -- who wouldn't want to get paid to eat?? But it looks like there's still room for low-effort videos like Study With Me, Write With Me, etc.
That's why I'm so hesitant about making a youtube channel. Every day its some Youtuber complaining about not making enough money on YT and to donate or share the video. I want to do it for fun but damn if I'm not making money from it then what's the point?

DaddyDS

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
109 3
Alleybux
Hi we have a YT channel and based on great feedback just launched another one called "Creative David", for lovers of art related themes. Good luck on your ASMR channel

ugfrogishere

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,892 561 162
Alleybux
I think the weight loss category could be it if you excel in it and have interest in.

My personal category I like is those that: review films, TV, music, books etc, play instruments, share language learning tips, conspiracy theories, exercise and diet advice.

RasberryViolet

pisces szn
Reaction score
Reactions
361,593 9,305 939
Alleybux

Also, I was SHOCKED at how many views people get for Study With Me videos. Literally, people just sitting down and studying and taking notes and getting millions of views. That might be another thing to jump on. I remember feeling like I missed the mukbang boat -- who wouldn't want to get paid to eat?? But it looks like there's still room for low-effort videos like Study With Me, Write With Me, etc.
You mean to tell me I can get people to pay for my student loans while I study and do my homework? That's not a bad idea lol.

lurking222

My name is Star & I sell poop jars to afford McD’s
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
37,289 1,515 83
Alleybux
i started a youtube channel years ago before the boom, i should have stuck with it. now i want to start again but i feel like its oversaturated.

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom