Not open for further replies.

Trashy

Rock Star
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,075 5 1
Alleybux
So I was riding home from K-State the other day and saw the WBC crew (westboro baptist church) standing with all these signs like, "GOD HATES ****" and "GOD HATES AMERICA" I mean like, they were right in front of sonic & it was pissing me off because I really wanted a cherry limeade.

ANYWAY, I said that to say this -- Why do some radical groups feel it's okay to hate or harm someone in the name of the Lord?

I'm not real religious but I don't think you should hate other people because of their beliefs.

* WBC is a church that runs the website http://www.godhatesfags.com & They just recently protested a Virginia Tech student's funeral saying that he deserved to be shot because he was gay.

Steeler Fan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,802 108 21
Alleybux
So I was riding home from K-State the other day and saw the WBC crew (westboro baptist church) standing with all these signs like, "GOD HATES ****" and "GOD HATES AMERICA" I mean like, they were right in front of sonic & it was pissing me off because I really wanted a cherry limeade.

ANYWAY, I said that to say this -- Why do some radical groups feel it's okay to hate or harm someone in the name of the Lord?

I'm not real religious but I don't think you should hate other people because of their beliefs.

* WBC is a church that runs the website http://www.godhatesfags.com & They just recently protested a Virginia Tech student's funeral saying that he deserved to be shot because he was gay.

WBC's hatred is clearly satanically-motivated. Any amount of hatred (except for the act of sin itself) is not of God by any stretch.

Trashy

Rock Star
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,075 5 1
Alleybux
WBC's hatred is clearly satanically-motivated. Any amount of hatred (except for the act of sin itself) is not of God by any stretch.

I agree. Like I said, I'm not real religious anyway -- but stuff like this TOTALLY turns me off.

Moonwalker

PROMETHEAN ANTICHRIST
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,987 4 5
Alleybux

1- They are NOT radicals. They follow the bible word for word, as any Christian should. Those who do not, are hypocrites.

2. It's quite funny someone would say they hate in the name of god, as if this god is not anything BUT extremely hateful himself, and they just follow, again, his hateful, barbaric, murderous, raping, words of his written in the bible. No one could hate more than god himself. And those who hate, hate according to god's plan he had for them before they were even born.

3. In order for one branch of religion to overthrow and control the other, hate and murder are the best and only working approaches. Christianity and Islam, for example, cannot co - exists and were set like that from the get go.

SuzieQ

Rookie
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

You know a person by the fruit they bear. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." What people fail to realize, is that the rules and regulations all thoughout scripture are for believers.(With the exception of some laws that dealt with ruling the nation and outlined treatment of strangers etc) The Bible is written for believers. Beyond receiving the gospel (good news) there is very little that a non believer will be able to glean from it.
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. As Christians we are to judge ourselves and hold the body of Christ accountable for these things. It is not our place to tell someone else how to live their life. Once someone has accepted Christ, upon receiving the word to renew their minds and having the indewelling of the holy spirit to guide and convict, as well as support from other believers, then they can purge anything from their life that is not acceptable to God. The fundalmental teaching of the bible is that GOD LOVES EVERYONE, that Jesus came and DIED to redeem us, BECAUSE HE LOVED US. For someone to claim to be Christian and yet over look that fundalmental biblical truth is ridiculous. I cant say where their heart lies, but the doctrine they are spewing is screwed.

Steeler Fan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,802 108 21
Alleybux
You know a person by the fruit they bear. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." What people fail to realize, is that the rules and regulations all thoughout scripture are for believers.(With the exception of some laws that dealt with ruling the nation and outlined treatment of strangers etc) The Bible is written for believers. Beyond receiving the gospel (good news) there is very little that a non believer will be able to glean from it.
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. As Christians we are to judge ourselves and hold the body of Christ accountable for these things. It is not our place to tell someone else how to live their life. Once someone has accepted Christ, upon receiving the word to renew their minds and having the indewelling of the holy spirit to guide and convict, as well as support from other believers, then they can purge anything from their life that is not acceptable to God. The fundalmental teaching of the bible is that GOD LOVES EVERYONE, that Jesus came and DIED to redeem us, BECAUSE HE LOVED US. For someone to claim to be Christian and yet over look that fundalmental biblical truth is ridiculous. I cant say where their heart lies, but the doctrine they are spewing is screwed.

Well said, SusieQ. :bananajump:

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
That's terrible and its a lie. People take it upon themselves to project to others how they feel about issues versus what God really has to say about things in the bible. Bottom line its a lie cuz Jesus said to "Love your neighbor as yourself" He dint say hate anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.