Quantcast

Have y'all checked out "The Thick" Podcast?

AcceptableNegro

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,494 795 4
Alleybux
I listened to their most recent episode and Mindy didn’t say a word about her own video lol. I mean I certainly didn’t care but you have a podcast and you’re only going to fawn over Tabria’s stuff?? That’s sad.
Mindy even said that Tabria had more to talk about in terms of what they released as if Mindy didn't say she filmed videos for all her songs that are for her career and Tabria was just doing a fan production to boost her modeling.
At this point, I truly believe that Mindy wants to live in Tabria's shadow cause it just doesn't add up.

WestIndiLuv

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,622 135 7
Alleybux
Mindy even said that Tabria had more to talk about in terms of what they released as if Mindy didn't say she filmed videos for all her songs that are for her career and Tabria was just doing a fan production to boost her modeling.
At this point, I truly believe that Mindy wants to live in Tabria's shadow cause it just doesn't add up.

I was just gonna say this! She completely disregarded everything she’s doing for her career for something that was done FOR FUN! I know Tabria said something like “stop, don’t say that” when she said she wouldn’t talk this epi but I wished she would’ve said no, half the time I’ll talk, the other half you’ll talk. It’s almost like the video was dropped at the same time so it would be overshadowed and can play into being overlooked and in Tabria’s shadow. I like Mindy, I think she is talented and should push herself to the forefront and be seen!

Syd1990

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

She lives vicariously through her. It’s sad.

Laniege191

MVP
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
3,384 122 63
Alleybux
I’m glad Mindy seem more confident these times
They’re both gorgeous and I hated when Mindy would hype Tabria but put herself down smh

Delebe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,912 2,313 284
Alleybux
Does Mindy have a regular job because how was she making money?

also she’s beautiful. I want her to stop living in her friends shadow.

Laniege191

MVP
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
3,384 122 63
Alleybux
Does Mindy have a regular job because how was she making money?

also she’s beautiful. I want her to stop living in her friends shadow.
She’s truly gorgeous IMO

I kinda admire their friendship a lot and I see she celebrates tabria bc she is her best friend which is amazing. sometimes it doesn’t seem like it’s returned to the same scale but I think Tabria got Mindy a job as a freelance but full time sorta stylist. Also she used to be at buzzfeed I think. She’s done a lot of good work.

Thiqcuemus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,707 1,135 254
Alleybux
I’m sorry but Mindy is forever okay with being in Tabria’s shadow and I’m convinced of it. There was a colourism convo on an audio chat that was titled Tabria vs Lizzo vs public opinions: colorism or....

And it was actually pathetic seeing Mindy in there being PC. Oh and Candice, who for what ever reason was pretending she is not one of Tabria closest friends, being dense and saying “I don’t get why they’re being compared”. You have a dark skinned black woman who admits to experiencing colourism when she’s out especially with Tabria and the rest of their friends in a chat doing mental gymnastics about how there’s no colourism issue and “Lizzo isn’t that dark”. That woman was Mindy and she was co-signed by Candice and her trollish bs. They tried to antagonise the person hosting the chat and act stupid as if there is no difference in public reception to Tabria and Lizzo. Talking about “Lizzo is a real celebrity, Tabria just has a name lies. People in the black community and beauty community know who the hell Tabria is. I’ve never been more shocked and cringing in my life. Lol and I see a bunch of foolishness everyday as a Black Brit. I was disturbed by the fact that not only were they denying that there was a colourism issue, but they purposely skated around it to almost victimise Tabria and make her success seem not based on the premise of her body being desirable. She didn't grow up fat and when she started modeling, she was smaller than Ashley Graham. She purposely continued to gain weight as her career heightened because it only goes to certain places on her figure, couple that with implants, the fact she is biracial and light skinned... it is completely weird that both Candice and Mindy were in that chat speaking nonsense instead of just admitting what Tabria had many a time in the past: she benefits from colourism, colourism is trash, she may deal with certain discrimination as a plus sized woman of colour but it is known that she’s mixed, she’s clearly also lighter skinned and considered palatable. She also has admitted to benefitting from the fact her shape is a pear/ post-op hourglass or whatever. I think Mindy does a lot to down play the fact Tabria benefits from these things because she’s proud of her best friend and I completely get it. I just think it was lame to go in a safe space of actual fat women, many of which were darker skinned, Black not mixed, who do deal with societal oppression because they’re compared to women like Tabria.

and the chat only started because on social media or wherever Tabria is posted on Twitter/Instagram, people throw lizzo’s name under her posts. “Lizzo wishes! What Lizzo thinks she looks like.” And to hear them all act so fµck!n stupid as to why that happens made me really see that they’re not ready to be honest. I can’t help but think this is also the reason why Mindy has the experiences she does but act like it’s just normal. I hope she continues to be comfortable in her music career and focuses on her own identity. She’s def a ride or die sort of person which is admirable but she also needs to know her worth she’s beautiful too. Smh

Last edited:

Jess B Lurk

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,026 5 3
Alleybux
I think the Podcast was dope and if they worked on it couldve been bigger than it was. Sadly, Tabria doesn’t need it but I think it would an awesome lane for Mindy but she needs a co-host just cause it good to have someone to bounce off of.

Rapping ... but best of luck.

Mindy is entertaining.

Gonna miss the show.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,079 295 46
Alleybux
I think the Podcast was dope and if they worked on it couldve been bigger than it was. Sadly, Tabria doesn’t need it but I think it would an awesome lane for Mindy but she needs a co-host just cause it good to have someone to bounce off of.

Rapping ... but best of luck.

Mindy is entertaining.

Gonna miss the show.
They definitely need to try harder. More organized. They come to it all sluggish and lazy. They sound tired in a lot of the episodes and like they would rather be doing anything else.

Jess B Lurk

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,026 5 3
Alleybux
They definitely need to try harder. More organized. They come to it all sluggish and lazy. They sound tired in a lot of the episodes and like they would rather be doing anything else.
That’s my biggest pet peeve. Its like maybe you shouldn’t do the show if you think its so annoying. With that aside I found the show very entertaining and it replace THE Read as my fave. Mindy’s storytelling was unmatched. I really wish her the best. But I honestly think the pod was a great opportunity.

WestIndiLuv

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,622 135 7
Alleybux
I’ve been listening to other pods that came out today, haven’t gotten to this yet. They are quitting the podcast? After the new Spotify deal? I saw the episode title and was like oh boy let me brace myself to listen to this haha. I saw some twitter convos on this topic.

Jess B Lurk

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,026 5 3
Alleybux
I’ve been listening to other pods that came out today, haven’t gotten to this yet. They are quitting the podcast? After the new Spotify deal? I saw the episode title and was like oh boy let me brace myself to listen to this haha. I saw some twitter convos on this topic.
Yup! Tabria is too busy and Mindy’s budding rap career. I honestly thinkt its more Tabria than Mindy and she (Mindy)feels she can’t carry the show on her own. They said the spotify deal would require too much commit that they didn’t have the energy for it.

WestIndiLuv

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,622 135 7
Alleybux
Yup! Tabria is too busy and Mindy’s budding rap career. I honestly thinkt its more Tabria than Mindy and she (Mindy)feels she can’t carry the show on her own. They said the spotify deal would require too much commit that they didn’t have the energy for it.

I just finished the episode, that’s really sad. I really enjoyed them and was listening since day 1. I just never liked Mindy always making herself or what she’s doing small. But I guess it’s for the best for their advancement!

janedoe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,271 1,062 420
Alleybux
I almost missed the announcement because I was going to turn the episode off because it started off as another "Mindy Stans Tabria" episode. Then when Tabria tried to get Mindy to talk about what she had going she just glosses over and doesn't want to talk about it. Jesus Christ the self esteem!

If Mindy is content having Tabria Stan be her career then I wish her the best of luck. I think it's for the best that they end the podcast because like I mentioned few weeks ago there really hasn't been any growth. They don't even have topics and won't even change the damn batteries in their smoke detector to record. Sucks because they initially had something good on their hands.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,079 295 46
Alleybux
I almost missed the announcement because I was going to turn the episode off because it started off as another "Mindy Stans Tabria" episode. Then when Tabria tried to get Mindy to talk about what she had going she just glosses over and doesn't want to talk about it. Jesus Christ the self esteem!

If Mindy is content having Tabria Stan be her career then I wish her the best of luck. I think it's for the best that they end the podcast because like I mentioned few weeks ago there really hasn't been any growth. They don't even have topics and won't even change the damn batteries in their smoke detector to record. Sucks because they initially had something good on their hands.
It’s sad.

jessicazan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,508 2,889 452
Alleybux
I questioned the longevity of the podcast for a long time. To me, it just seemed like two 30 year olds desperately and half heartedly trying to finally make success of their lives. Then when the spotify deal came, I thought *this* is the impetus they need because they do have potential and there is a lot of money to be made in podcasting.

I am truly surprised they've thrown it in so quickly, I guess they see other things in their future. Wishing them all the luck nonetheless.

Thiqcuemus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,707 1,135 254
Alleybux
I questioned the longevity of the podcast for a long time. To me, it just seemed like two 30 year olds desperately and half heartedly trying to finally make success of their lives. Then when the spotify deal came, I thought *this* is the impetus they need because they do have potential and there is a lot of money to be made in podcasting.

I am truly surprised they've thrown it in so quickly, I guess they see other things in their future. Wishing them all the luck nonetheless.
I’m actually sad they’re cancelling because I had big hopes for the Spotify deal but truth be told, I think it has less to do with them being tired and without the energy to commit. I think it’s more of the fact Tabria’s career is huge and next year, she’s headlining a lot of giant campaigns. Her trajectory is fierce and upwards. Mindy, I wish her the best, in every single way, and I believe that she will have a career of her own in the creative realm. I think she will seriously dedicate herself to her craft. The truth is that there is a breach of privacy that will go on once they elevate and they’ve given all of themselves to that podcast over the years. It’s been four whole years and they shared some extremely personal things, those of us who have listened for years can agree that it seems like we know them because of it even though we don’t. I just think that they’ve widened up about how to navigate as public figures and for their own livelihood and safety, closing down the podcast is the only way forward for now. I wish it could be once a month instead of just stopping.

Nyugirl1993

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I'm going to miss the podcast! It got stale this year due to covid and the bµllsh!t with the same dating topics in LA. I hoped that the Spotify deal will push them in the direction that they needed to go, but I guess there heart hasn't been in the podcast for a long time ( mainly Tabria always wanting to end episodes and Mindy wanting them to be longer lol). It's crazy to see how far they have have come up. They were cleaning houses before the podcast and now Tabria's career has taken off and she knows Beyonce and Meg. Mindy's been in her bag too and got her teeth fixed and breast reduction she's been wanting to get and put out music videos... I wish Mindy could continue it with someone else. maybe she can start her own astrology podcast? I feel like she should continue podcasting because she is such a great storyteller as a opposed to a great rapper. but who knows, maybe she will have more time to focus on improving her music when shes not doing the podcast.

Jess B Lurk

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,026 5 3
Alleybux
I'm going to miss the podcast! It got stale this year due to covid and the bµllsh!t with the same dating topics in LA. I hoped that the Spotify deal will push them in the direction that they needed to go, but I guess there heart hasn't been in the podcast for a long time ( mainly Tabria always wanting to end episodes and Mindy wanting them to be longer lol). It's crazy to see how far they have have come up. They were cleaning houses before the podcast and now Tabria's career has taken off and she knows Beyonce and Meg. Mindy's been in her bag too and got her teeth fixed and breast reduction she's been wanting to get and put out music videos... I wish Mindy could continue it with someone else. maybe she can start her own astrology podcast? I feel like she should continue podcasting because she is such a great storyteller as a opposed to a great rapper. but who knows, maybe she will have more time to focus on improving her music when shes not doing the podcast.

THIS!! Mindy is a great story teller and with someone that’s just invested in the podcast they could do something.

applehead

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,859 16 7
Alleybux
I’m also sad it’s ending. I think Mindy is incredibly talented outside of rapping. I hope she finds her lane and flourishes.

Warthogs

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
1,016 20 13
Alleybux
Mindy saying that people who aren’t successful in music probably have bad karma, don’t work hard enough or just have awful music was hilarious considering how basic her music is LOL

No self awareness at all it seems. I’m glad Tabria at least said it can be more than just that.

AcceptableNegro

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,494 795 4
Alleybux
I'm confused at saying "date on your level" right after saying there were times that going on a date was the way she ate food that day.
The math aint mathing.

Side note, they sure are phoning in the last episodes cause the first 20min was them snacking hard on something.

Syd1990

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I’m sorry but Mindy is forever okay with being in Tabria’s shadow and I’m convinced of it. There was a colourism convo on an audio chat that was titled Tabria vs Lizzo vs public opinions: colorism or....

And it was actually pathetic seeing Mindy in there being PC. Oh and Candice, who for what ever reason was pretending she is not one of Tabria closest friends, being dense and saying “I don’t get why they’re being compared”. You have a dark skinned black woman who admits to experiencing colourism when she’s out especially with Tabria and the rest of their friends in a chat doing mental gymnastics about how there’s no colourism issue and “Lizzo isn’t that dark”. That woman was Mindy and she was co-signed by Candice and her trollish bs. They tried to antagonise the person hosting the chat and act stupid as if there is no difference in public reception to Tabria and Lizzo. Talking about “Lizzo is a real celebrity, Tabria just has a name lies. People in the black community and beauty community know who the hell Tabria is. I’ve never been more shocked and cringing in my life. Lol and I see a bunch of foolishness everyday as a Black Brit. I was disturbed by the fact that not only were they denying that there was a colourism issue, but they purposely skated around it to almost victimise Tabria and make her success seem not based on the premise of her body being desirable. She didn't grow up fat and when she started modeling, she was smaller than Ashley Graham. She purposely continued to gain weight as her career heightened because it only goes to certain places on her figure, couple that with implants, the fact she is biracial and light skinned... it is completely weird that both Candice and Mindy were in that chat speaking nonsense instead of just admitting what Tabria had many a time in the past: she benefits from colourism, colourism is trash, she may deal with certain discrimination as a plus sized woman of colour but it is known that she’s mixed, she’s clearly also lighter skinned and considered palatable. She also has admitted to benefitting from the fact her shape is a pear/ post-op hourglass or whatever. I think Mindy does a lot to down play the fact Tabria benefits from these things because she’s proud of her best friend and I completely get it. I just think it was lame to go in a safe space of actual fat women, many of which were darker skinned, Black not mixed, who do deal with societal oppression because they’re compared to women like Tabria.

and the chat only started because on social media or wherever Tabria is posted on Twitter/Instagram, people throw lizzo’s name under her posts. “Lizzo wishes! What Lizzo thinks she looks like.” And to hear them all act so fµck!n stupid as to why that happens made me really see that they’re not ready to be honest. I can’t help but think this is also the reason why Mindy has the experiences she does but act like it’s just normal. I hope she continues to be comfortable in her music career and focuses on her own identity. She’s def a ride or die sort of person which is admirable but she also needs to know her worth she’s beautiful too. Smh

You are absolutely right in your assessment.

Willia

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,894 1,987 1,222
Alleybux
I’m also sad it’s ending. I think Mindy is incredibly talented outside of rapping. I hope she finds her lane and flourishes.
Me too :). I wish the best for her. I feel like she will get by on her music but it's interesting how critical she is of other people's music when hers is still a work in progress.

Delebe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,912 2,313 284
Alleybux
Me too :). I wish the best for her. I feel like she will get by on her music but it's interesting how critical she is of other people's music when hers is still a work in progress.
How? I like her a lot but I don’t see the music thing going big for her. I genuinely think she could also model but she’s not as confident and agencies are picky and do way too much shady stuff on the back end.

jessicazan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,508 2,889 452
Alleybux
Is being a rapper her sole career plan? I'm kind of scared for her... at her age it's not the easiest to breakthrough into the industry

DONEzelle

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
128 2 3
Alleybux
I'm gonna miss this podcast so much. About to watch the Instagram live... damn. They are both so talented individually but I'll miss their chemistry together.

ZekeeZ

Talk To Me Niiice
Reaction score
Reactions
3,678 197 30
Alleybux
I genuinely want to believe that Mindy’s songs are a work in progress. It sounds sh!tty to me, not gonna lie but I wish her the best. It’s weird because I think she has talent but the way she’s doing her songs is just like chopped with no screwed for me lmao. I feel that Tabria does not lie to her about the songs being “fantastic” which is good, although at times it can come across as her not promoting her friend. I like that she does promote Mindy’s music to the best of her ability. I think Mindy definitely has potential, it’s just that her flow kinda puts me to sleep. I look forward to her music evolving and her really believing in herself. Not to say she can’t talk about the content she does because she’s still young at 31 and I’m no way an ageist person, but I feel like her flow reminds me of Flo Milli’s. Lol but Flo has versatility and she is a teenager.
I will say the podcast entertains me and because I don’t have much friends, I appreciate the “down to the earth” nature of them and it. I admire their friendship and I love when they answer listener letters. Their jokes always have me laughing. Sometimes the quality is better than others, I wonder why that is. I’ll be sad if they discontinue the podcast honestly, I like them a lot and I guess they kinda fill a “sisterhood” void I don’t really have at this time of my life due to lack of immediate circle of friends that I truly 100% vibe with.

I will definitely say I felt the same as you up until a year ago or so. I think I was actually a bit hard on them but I then really took the time out to listen to their earliest episodes again, week by week during my errands or walks, and I kinda just like them. They’ve come a long way and despite things I’ve said about them in the past in here, I definitely think their stories are inspiring.. especially tabria’s. She really was out there living on floors being a maid along with Mindy. I appreciate their trajectory and outlook. I don’t expect them to be perfectly socially conscious or completely aware, sadly, but I guess I’d be lying if I said despite the lack of “direction”-I love it lmao

Your statement articulated my own thoughts perfectly. They have been my sisters, I even attended a live show. Im legitimately sad, hopefully they return or Mindy start her own.

Do you happen to have any recommendations? As many as I’m subbed to none of them touched me as deeply as them two.

Willia

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,894 1,987 1,222
Alleybux
Your statement articulated my own thoughts perfectly. They have been my sisters, I even attended a live show. Im legitimately sad, hopefully they return or Mindy start her own.

Do you happen to have any recommendations? As many as I’m subbed to none of them touched me as deeply as them two.
Hey! Sorry I'm so late lol.

I'm really missing them. For the last three years, I've been listening to them and The Receipts Podcast. The Receipts girls are British, so it's a bit different but I love it.

I really miss Tabrindy.. I have a feeling they'll pop in to tell us what's up soon. I hope. Truly miss them.

ZekeeZ

Talk To Me Niiice
Reaction score
Reactions
3,678 197 30
Alleybux
The ladies are WORKING! from the first episode till now they have truly prospered. Im Proud of them, Mindy in particular, I want her to remain encouraged to WIN!

Willia

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,894 1,987 1,222
Alleybux
The ladies are WORKING! from the first episode till now they have truly prospered. Im Proud of them, Mindy in particular, I want her to remain encouraged to WIN!
I so miss them very much but am so so proud of them. They deserve IT ALL.

From the first episode, as you have said, until now? I want them to come back just for a bit. I know it was important to move on, especially because with social media...people discover things from your past and weaponize them. They are so normal and relatable and proof that friendship is powerful.

Like, it is crazy to think they met JUST because of the guy Tabria was dating who was friends with Mindy. Both moved to LA at the same exact time, randomly on a whim for a better life, then eventually became friends out of necessity. They literally are soulmates and learned they actually were compatible people.

Really miss them and am glad to see them shine.

ZekeeZ

Talk To Me Niiice
Reaction score
Reactions
3,678 197 30
Alleybux
I just checked on apple pod theres about 7 episodes.