Quantcast

Have you ever dated a man/woman that makes more than $100,000K a year?

How many men/women have you dated that make over $100,000k a year

• Too many I lost count

• I just came to see all the cap

Results are only viewable after voting.

WavyDre

It's just that, I'm that Girl!
Reaction score
Reactions
190,788 6,189 2,541
Alleybux
My salary hit that mark many years ago. I’m a legal in DC, so I laugh at this. 100k is middle class here.
Why would that salary be something to laugh at....at any point and at any location??

Your words came off real snotty/snoobish for someone who admitted that you didn't ALWAYS make 100k...

WavyDre

Reaction score
Reactions
190,788 6,189 2,541
Alleybux
Nazi where? I just didn’t like how you were bragging about you and your low 6 figure earning man as if anyone’s gonna be impressed by that
Bless your heart? Mad cause you can't "overcome" even being part of the so called superior race?

perseph0ne

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
221,435 11,779 9,973
Alleybux
Why would that salary be something to laugh at....at any point and at any location??

Your words came off real snotty/snoobish for someone who admitted that you didn't ALWAYS make 100k...

She's not being snobby. Anyone from Maryland or DC will tell you the same thing.

In fact if someone came here bragging about low-mid 6-figures or considered themselves upper middle-class with that salary the average Marylander will LOL! Even in Bmore we will laugh out loud because you aint doing nothing with that. You're going to live an average single fam 3 bedroom house in a mediocre neighborhood and send your kid to public school lol

WavyDre

Reaction score
Reactions
190,788 6,189 2,541
Alleybux
She's not being snobby. Anyone from Maryland or DC will tell you the same thing.

In fact if someone came here bragging about low-mid 6-figures or considered themselves upper middle-class with that salary the average Marylander will LOL! Even in Bmore we will laugh out loud because you aint doing nothing with that. You're going to love a average single fam 3 bedroom house in a mediocre neighborhood and send your kid to public school lol
I think it is "snobby" to laugh at anyone's INCOME- period.

The bottom line that all adults who have been exposed to the reality of life is that working for your lifestyle at a legal job has DIGNITY no matter the income and no matter the job.

It is never ever ok to deem a salary that someone else earns as something to trivialize....and the cost of living in any area is never an excuse to deem it as such.

A six figure income applies differently in different areas. That statement was made without putting anyone down, or laughing at anyone's current, present or past income level.

Metaphysique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,065 696 303
Alleybux

In fact if someone came here bragging about low-mid 6-figures or considered themselves upper middle-class with that salary the average Marylander will LOL! Even in Bmore we will laugh out loud because you aint doing nothing with that. You're going to live an average single fam 3 bedroom house in a mediocre neighborhood and send your kid to public school lol

Lol. That’s not the issue. As it’s been stated numerous times, $100k isn’t much in areas with a HCOL. That goes without saying, but the U.S. is more than a handful of HCOL areas. In NorCal, especially the Bay Area, it doesn’t go very far at all. But $100k in LCOL areas is doing really well, and there are considerably more of those areas than the former. Also, the statistics still don’t support this idea that $100k is the norm. It isn’t. Just because you (general) live in a bubble where this is no big deal, the vast majority of Americans don’t make this. Citing D.C./NOVA, S.F., the PNW, NYC, San Diego, L.A., etc., as examples, isn’t going to change that. Everyone knows it’s expensive as sh!t there.

perseph0ne

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
221,435 11,779 9,973
Alleybux
I think it is "snobby" to laugh at anyone's INCOME- period.

The bottom line that all adults who have been exposed to the reality of life is that working for your lifestyle at a legal job has DIGNITY no matter the income and no matter the job.

It is never ever ok to deem a salary that someone else earns as something to trivialize....and the cost of living in any area is never an excuse to deem it as such.

A six figure income applies differently in different areas. That statement was made without putting anyone down, or laughing at anyone's current, present or past income level.

I hear you but this is in the same vein as the reason some people don't like to discuss money with other people.

But this is an explicitly stated conversation about money, what may seem like a lot to some is not a lot too others, matter of factly. Simply saying $100K is middle class and not a lot of money is simply stating a fact. Its not. Not for Maryland/DC. Not just an opinion, matter of factly. You'll a single person can live comfortably with that income. And that's debatable. The cost of living is relatively high here

perseph0ne

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
221,435 11,779 9,973
Alleybux
Lol. That’s not the issue. As it’s been stated numerous times, $100k isn’t much in areas with a HCOL. That goes without saying, but the U.S. is more than a handful of HCOL areas. In NorCal, especially the Bay Area, it doesn’t go very far at all. But $100k in LCOL areas is doing really well, and there are considerably more of those areas than the former. Also, the statistics still don’t support this idea that $100k is the norm. It isn’t. Just because you (general) live in a bubble where this is no big deal, the vast majority of Americans don’t make this. Citing D.C./NOVA, S.F., the PNW, NYC, San Diego, L.A., etc., as examples, isn’t going to change that. Everyone knows it’s expensive as sh!t there.

I assume most people are speaking for themselves in this thread.

Average or not, that post quoted a DC font. I travel a lot, its interesting to hear what people from different places think is "a lot" of money. Thats all fine & dandy, great. I believe that to be true for them.

Do I think $100K is a lot of money and acceptable from a mate? No. That's not just my opinion, its been my reality based on my experience/long terms environments (DMV/Rome/Shanghai), friends/family and the type of men I've always dated.

Stakesishigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,850 250 324
Alleybux
Crazy that you find this unbelievable. I’ve dated barbers that make that!
No I don't find it unbelievable that a barber can make 100k. But I live in Southern California and you don't need a 100k to date anyone. Lets not play dumb now !!!!

Stakesishigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,850 250 324
Alleybux

Not true at all and I have been to dc and know people who currently live in the dmv area but ok continue in the lie

TrustMeOk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,793 941 485
Alleybux
Honestly the salary doesnt really matter. I've dated regular salaried men who were absolute gems and vice versa. Honestly the worst guys I've dated were multi millionaires... I don't think it was because of their salary but one was a pathological liar and the other one was so damn boring and lame and had the nerve to be horny all the time.
At the end of the day, men are men.

EliteSenses92

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,373 47 50
Alleybux
All the men I date now make $100k+ and it makes sense because I make close to it myself.

I didn’t know the exact number of their salaries, but I have a close guestimate, based on their job title and what companies they worked for. Thank you Glassdoor! A couple of them come from pretty affluent families, so even if for some reason their salary was less than $100K (which I highly doubt), they have investments, properties, inheritances, little to no debt, etc. which would make their net worth much higher.

It’s not hard to meet people who make over $100K if you’re college educated (particularly if you went to an Ivy League school/Top 50 college), work in certain industries, and/or live in any major high cost of living city. I went to a top 50 college and I’m from NYC (currently living in Miami) and some of my friends/classmates were making $100k+ within 2-3 years after graduation.

Tbh the men I’ve dated who make that aren’t much different than the men I used to date who made less other than that they’re more cultured, travel more, usually work more, will take you nicer places and/or will help you out financially. Most of these men have f*ck boy tendencies of all incomes, and will waste your time if you let them. Money is important when dating men, however you have to vet well for personality, integrity, common/shared interests/goals, mutual attraction, and general compatibility.

GelilaBekele

Tyler Perry’s Babymama (Formerly Nina Lovehall)
Reaction score
Reactions
94,230 3,808 718
Alleybux
No I don't find it unbelievable that a barber can make 100k. But I live in Southern California and you don't need a 100k to date anyone. Lets not play dumb now !!!!
Lol you need 100K to date ME. And not because I’m going to expect dates at Crustaceans. Only because I’m going to expect you to be in a compatible line of work. We have to have certain things in common. Otherwise what’s there to talk about.

Stakesishigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,850 250 324
Alleybux
Lol you need 100K to date ME. And not because I’m going to expect dates at Crustaceans. Only because I’m going to expect you to be in a compatible line of work. We have to have certain things in common. Otherwise what’s there to talk about.
Ok continue in your delusion. I understand why Kevin Samuels appeals to people the way he does now. He takes away the air of pretense that black people have and puts things in reality where they belong. Continue with the Cap don't mind me.

KushKing

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,385 5,558 9,927
Alleybux
Once I reached that 100K level, there was no way I was entertaining or thinking about having anything serious with any woman who didn't at least make that same amount. In my circle, most are making 100K+ including my spouse.

It just depends on your circle and location.

My brother is blue collar and pulls in 250K a year at the age of 23 running his own small HVAC and Electrical business. Those guys can make a killing if they work hard and have a business mind.

GelilaBekele

Reaction score
Reactions
94,230 3,808 718
Alleybux
Ok continue in your delusion. I understand why Kevin Samuels appeals to people the way he does now. He takes away the air of pretense that black people have and puts things in reality where they belong. Continue with the Cap don't mind me.

i don’t even know who tf that is. I’m telling you that in LA, rent is too expensive to date at any decent restaurants AND make less than 100k. Even if your apartment is $1,700 a month, you’re going to need $25/hr if you’d like to buy gas and groceries. Now add clothing and entertainment for YOURSELF. Then add a whole nother 3 women a month? How are you not making 100K a year and dating?

jeido

charidotes dolius charmophron
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
43,091 673 315
Alleybux

Have you ever dated a man that makes more than $100,000K a year? Did it work? Why didn’t it work? Do you leave him? Did he leave you?
Men you can chime in as well and vote. Have you ever dated a man/woman that make that bank?​

Let’s get juicy. Oh I really want to here from the women that insist all affluent men cheat, oppress and want to enslave you and hypergamy is bad. Have you ever even dated a man that make that much? Where did you meet him at? This horse ain’t dead yet we still have to beat this horse some more.

my next thread below

Yes (I did most of my dating in CA, NY, & the E.U.) They weren't any more evil than others. It worked with one. I left/broke it of with all but one (we had an argument over this cult he was in and he got mad & stopped talking to me.) Also some were just cogs in a rotation when I stopped the 'boyfriend' bullsh!t.

One musician wanted me to keep seeing him & then both date others but we'd had xes so I cut that off. I'm not built for chaos like that. So it wasn't a cheat but a proposal/attempted negotiation of crap that I didn't want to deal with. He had the nerve to start crying when I told him I wasn't going along with the mess. I'm still proud of my younger self for literally slamming the door in his face.

Hypergamy isn't bad at all. It's just another category of humans. You still have to find a good fit. The money/lifestyle alone isn't enough. IMO, you still have to have a common vision, chemistry, compatibility etc.

I met them everywhere: through friends, online, at parties/events, concerts, bookstores etc.

jeido

charidotes dolius charmophron
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
43,091 673 315
Alleybux
Money will show a person who they really are. If you got a cheating ass man, yes he may cheat even more, but wealth doesn't make a faithful man automatically stray.

Yes. More money/influence tends to simply magnify what's already in a person's character.

Stakesishigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,850 250 324
Alleybux
i don’t even know who tf that is. I’m telling you that in LA, rent is too expensive to date at any decent restaurants AND make less than 100k. Even if your apartment is $1,700 a month, you’re going to need $25/hr if you’d like to buy gas and groceries. Now add clothing and entertainment for YOURSELF. Then add a whole nother 3 women a month? How are you not making 100K a year and dating?
3 women a month. Ok come on now. Sit down troll. I used to live in la so I know better ok

Stakesishigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,850 250 324
Alleybux
Oh and by the way 25.00 hr does not equal 100k. Ill leave this with you. Since im feeling in a classic hip hop mood.

GelilaBekele

Reaction score
Reactions
94,230 3,808 718
Alleybux
3 women a month. Ok come on now. Sit down troll. I used to live in la so I know better ok
LOL Damn it sounds like fiction to you? FYI, if you were making 100k, you could date 3 women a month. WAIT are you in PRISON? You used to live in DC AND LA? You’ve got WIFI there?

GelilaBekele

Reaction score
Reactions
94,230 3,808 718
Alleybux
People from all over the country, all over world move to NYC as their shot to make it big financially. The mindset is different as you usually have a very defined strategy to save/strive/succeed in place b4 moving to NYC. Not hard to find success in NYC with a strategy. No one is coming to USA legally or risking their lives to cross borders illegally to chill in the middle of nowhere to make a low income. They are come across the border with a plan to get to NYC to make big bucks whether they achieve it or not.

When people move to Cali, there are usually 2 distinct scenarios - You only go there when you have already built up wealth and status, OR you go there to strive to make it in showbiz and work in a low paying service job until you get your big break and if the big break doesnt come, you go back home financially broke. Yes, there are people that are from there that are doing great, but Im talking about the majority of people that have moved there.
Ok but what about all of us that are from here? Do we all leave? That could be...

xdeactivate

The Duchess
Reaction score
Reactions
38,089 2,207 460
Alleybux
Depends on the age. I wouldn’t date a man that makes less than $150,000 and has kids. $100k is just $6000 a month in certain states. Coupled with rent/mortagage plus maintenance cost ($2000), savings ($1500), childcare ($1500-2000) if he’s actually a father and not a slum, and bills— $100k really isn’t much.

ItsSoulaAgain

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,596 1,606 274
Alleybux
I only date well off men. Men are generally all the same, money or no money. Like if he’s an ass he’s an ass, broke or rich. Money does make them more cocky tho if they have general insecurity problems. I tried dating average guys back in the day and if anything they’re more trash and big fans of public humiliation. But one thing I’ll give them is they’re more intoxicating. Outside of that nada coz most average guys don’t even desire a serious relationship.

I find well to do men more likely to get serious and cautious about maintaining their reputation so odds of some childish BS happening is less. You will have normal relationship problems tho- mostly personality clashes. My current bf is obsessed with me and pretty wealthy so I’m happy where I am.

Contemporary

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,602 4,240 1,018
Alleybux
These fonts crack me up.

"100 k isn't that much." -Sent from the phone of a person that reached their salary cap of 65 thousand.

With all due respect, it's not that much to me...

...and I don't even HAVE a job.

But then again, I wasn't aware you had to earn a certain amount of money to think another arbitrary amount of money is "that much" so what do I know?

xdeactivate

The Duchess
Reaction score
Reactions
38,089 2,207 460
Alleybux
These fonts crack me up.

"100 k isn't that much." -Sent from the phone of a person that reached their salary cap of 65 thousand.
I make more than $180k. $100k is a lot considering most Americans aren’t making that. You can craft a beautiful life on $100k. People wish they can afford Royce Rolls and Birkins on $100k. Social media truly distorts our perception of life. 15 years ago, it wasn’t common for most people to go on “foreign vacation”. Now you have people making $30k a year traveling to Aruba, France, and China in a span of one year. Despite inflation, entry level luxuries such as travel and dining is becoming more affordable meanwhile, basic needs such as shelter and healthcare is becoming ridiculous.

SerafinaCyan

On timeout 4 correcting Xenophobic Misogynists
Reaction score
Reactions
131,086 4,870 2,150
Alleybux
16 percent of all Americans make over 100k a year. Now subtract all the women, gay men, and married men. The number is even less
That's about 56,000,000 people. That is a lot, tbh. Even if you subtract women, gay men and married men. Yall have it good in the states.

A very small fraction of people actually make $100,000 or more, in Canada. If it wasn't for the racism you all experience, I would move in a heartbeat.

SerafinaCyan

On timeout 4 correcting Xenophobic Misogynists
Reaction score
Reactions
131,086 4,870 2,150
Alleybux
One man in particular said his wife hasn’t worked in over 25 years. He was told by his grandmother that it’s his job to provide for his family. He also mentioned that people get shocked when they discover a black man with a black stay at home wife.
I like meemaw. More grandmothers and mothers should push the young men in their lives to be accountable and responsible

Wyndexman

A Different Kind Of Font
Reaction score
Reactions
27,647 5,482 5,775
Alleybux
Yes.
Yes, and it's still working. (3 1/2 years)
No, neither of us left each other.
This man doesn't cheat/ hasn't cheated, nor given me the impression that he will or would.
I met him at a fast food restaurant.

He doesn't use his money to enslave, control me or manipulate me. In fact I have a lot of access and control over his money and credit- I use it and spend it whenever I get ready to.

"Hypergamy" can never be bad. You have to use the man's resources and money to your advantage.

Its really not a LOT of money. But very comfortable and stable... I can do almost anything at the drop of a dime with his money and credit, with the exception of buying Hermes bags on a whim, or flying private!
That man better be getting all the xes in the world from you

DemiLovato

Sorry, not sorry.
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
159,233 5,474 3,412
Alleybux
Smh damn u not even attracted to him..thats my worst fear
I care about him greatly! My first concern/priority is financial. Anything else is extra.

Date for the purpose and intention that you personally desire for your relationship- that way you won't have any fears!

Attraction was not/is not 1, 2, or 3 of priority on my list.

missmisha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
170,268 7,763 5,725
Alleybux

Have you ever dated a man that makes more than $100,000K a year? Did it work? Why didn’t it work? Do you leave him? Did he leave you?​

Men you can chime in as well and vote. Have you ever dated a man/woman that make that bank?​

Let’s get juicy. Oh I really want to here from the women that insist all affluent men cheat, oppress and want to enslave you and hypergamy is bad. Have you ever even dated a man that make that much? Where did you meet him at? This horse ain’t dead yet we still have to beat this horse some more.​

my next thread below

Yes…..plenty of men make that amount of money……