Quantcast

HBO’s Insecure Season 4, Episode 1: “Lowkey Feelin’ Myself” Viewing Thread

City of Dreams

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,793 1,034 658
Alleybux
I disagree with this because I personally don't need to see any more Tiffany :arrogant

I think Nathan was kind of to show that sometimes you can have a great connection with someone and it'll last for a moment and that's it. As a character he pushed Issa to go after what she wanted and quit her dead-end job to start her own thing. He wasn't a useless character at all.

Unpopular opinion: I don't share people's fascination with Daniel :unsure:
I don't think Issa really loved him, he was always just *there*. He also didn't treat her very well (fµck!ng other women loudly while she stayed on his couch).

Tiffany isn't my favorite character either, but I can't stand a pointless character. I really don't understand why she's on the show. She's not comic relief, she's not the smart one, she's not...anything really. Is she there to show what a successful relationship looks like? Cause she doesn't even do that. I feel like she's just around for no reason. Kelly doesn't have much to do either but at least she's comic relief.

I feel your point about Nathan. Sometimes it does go that way. But I just felt like it was a waste and only got Issa yet another ridiculous xes scene. It just would have been more interesting to see that screentime spent on someone's growth. I can't stand a storyline that ends as quickly as it began. Then we had to watch her go full stalker over him only for him to show up and she still reject him. They coulda just left him as the dude who bailed from the Lyft.

I'm not big on Daniel, but he was there for her and she admitted to still being in love with him after saying she wasn't. He was stressing about the music and it just would have been kinda cool to see them in a nice situation when she isn't dissing him for Lawrence or begging him for something. She could have helped him de-stress since be blew it with lol boy. They seemed to be going that route when she stayed up with him to work on his music. Like things start and stop so quick on this show that they just seem pointless to me.

M.A.R

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
157,676 8,626 481
Alleybux
Good to see Paula Jai Parker in this episode.

Molly is still the worst.

Issa and that TSA guy. :beatup

Are the songs from the episodes still on Spotify?

TheFaderMIA

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
62,973 2,088 1,084
Alleybux
I’m late as hell but I just started watching!! I’m so glad the writing and acting has improved. I LOVEEEE Issa’s natural hairstyles. She’s so beautiful.

Also, can anyone ID that Polka dot set Condola wore to the mixer? I’m obsessed.

M.A.R

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
157,676 8,626 481
Alleybux
Issa smashing baby Cedric the Entertainer:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Asian bae reminds me of LA DJ Theo from back in the day. :heart::bomb:

M.A.R

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
157,676 8,626 481
Alleybux
I have tears in my eyes after reading the comments about TSA baby Cedric the Entertainer... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dorothy Zbornak

Talented Tenth
Reaction score
Reactions
62,272 1,420 1,085
Alleybux
Its trippy to me to see people suggesting that Issa has been a better friend to Molly, than Molly has been to Issa. I've watched this series multiple times and I've always felt like Molly was a better friend to Issa. She is always there for her no matter what. 1 knock against her is when she is feeling insecure or going through something she gets really negative. I think Molly knows Issa is really not good with the Lawrence and Condola situation and instead of suppressing that thought just kinda spat it out in tactless fashion.
You’re the only one making sense up in hurr..jealous? Molly is concerned, she knows her friend and wonders why her friend wouldn’t tell her something major like this especially with how things ended with Lawrence. I’d feel a way too! & now you’re inviting her everywhere? Weird

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
I cant believe yall are in here wanting Daniel back. HE CAN STAY GONE.

Bring on Andrew/Asian bae (though I'm mad he cut his damn hair!)

Ok but how long has she known Issa for this be anything other just a little awkward? She acting like they've been besties since 3rd grade.

Issa's neighbor/tenant is a MESS.

MOLLY, do you BLAME HIM?! With that mess you pulled last season? You better keep your options open.

Kelli is my damn spirit animal! I wish I had her confidence and job though lol.

Issa got all the Black women in this episode!

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Molly is a f*cking mess. And I do not like this weave.

And yes Issa, like Molly, yall stay creating unnecessary drama with your bad decisions. But we're here for it and support you.

Last edited:

leontine

~ The UNBIASED Queen ~
Reaction score
Reactions
144,780 4,308 1,729
Alleybux
I cant believe yall are in here wanting Daniel back. HE CAN STAY GONE.

tumblr_pdgz9efmFA1tso5u5_1280.gifv

Oh, so you bumped this thread wanting smoke!

eMuuw7.gif

leontine

~ The UNBIASED Queen ~
Reaction score
Reactions
144,780 4,308 1,729
Alleybux
LOLOLOL Yall can HAVE HIM! The only man so far with some sense is Andrew and Molly can't seem to get out of her own way LIKE ALWAYS.

Lol true. As much as I love Molly she needs to get it together and let Andrew in, he’s a good guy (despite his secretive ways).

I can’t help but root for Dissa. Daniel & Issa have sm chemistry + whew the eye candy.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Lol true. As much as I love Molly she needs to get it together and let Andrew in, he’s a good guy (despite his secretive ways).

I can’t help but root for Dissa. Daniel & Issa have sm chemistry + whew the eye candy.
I will say they have MAD chemistry. I had to be like
M8Jk.gif

I root for Molly more than I do Issa because I relate to her soooo much (self-destructive behavior). I'm wondering with her therapy if she feels she's too good for it? Like she realizes something isn't working and needs the help, but also refuses to fully acknowledge her role in life choices.

leontine

~ The UNBIASED Queen ~
Reaction score
Reactions
144,780 4,308 1,729
Alleybux
I will say they have MAD chemistry. I had to be like
M8Jk.gif

I root for Molly more than I do Issa because I relate to her soooo much (self-destructive behavior). I'm wondering with her therapy if she feels she's too good for it? Like she realizes something isn't working and needs the help, but also refuses to fully acknowledge her role in life choices.

It’s good you can acknowledge that trait & open the door to healing/aiding that.

You got it! Molly definitely feels like she’s too good for therapy as she hasn’t yet acknowledged her self destructive ways. Once she does some self reflection, she’ll receive the blessings she deserves. She’s my fave too.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
It’s good you can acknowledge that trait & open the door to healing/aiding that.

You got it! Molly definitely feels like she’s too good for therapy as she hasn’t yet acknowledged her self destructive ways. Once she does some self reflection, she’ll receive the blessings she deserves. She’s my fave too.
Thank you! It took a year and a half of therapy every 2 weeks to get here. And as you said, there's still healing/growing to be done. That's how I know Molly isn't putting in the work yet. But I got hope for our girl!