Quantcast

HBO's Insecure (Season 4, Episode 2: "Low-key Distant") Official Viewing Thread

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Molly. Baby. Sweetie. Yall know yall gonna end up f*cking with wine and being at your place.

Naw it is not cool that they have inside jokes about Lawrence. I can see his crusty butt ruining this block party for Issa.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Now see the previews made it look like Molly was being rude, but it was Issa! Either they should have met in another spot that wasn't about her work or Issa should have kept her mouth shut and let Condola go on her way.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
This could have been said in a phone call.

Why they got Andrew looking like a Backstreet Boy circa '99 with this jean jacket and haircut?! Am I, your fire? Your one. Desire?
giphy.gif

He went from Howie to Nick...

But he still BAE:love:

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
I'm with you Molly F*CK redoing tha roux! Yall gonna eat this gumbo and LIKE IT.

There ya go Molly. COMMUNICATE. Ugggh she's learning though! "I feel like you have up a lot of walls and I don't feel we're as close as I would like us to be." She should have taken a few more breaths before she spoke, but we're learning girl!

source.gif

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Lawrence you didnt tell Condola sbout your meet up with Issa AND you lying about it? Hot mess coming to a screen near me

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Oh HE can kick rocks. Cuz if Molly had brought that sh*t up in the meeting he would be saying she was trying to make him look bad.

But got damn Molly, you didnt apologize about that and you were smiling in his face?

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
GOOD JOB ANDREW!

Issa is me! That's why I dont hike!

Looks like they're growing apart. Which is fine. It happens. Sad though.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
I don’t know maybe because this Issa/Condola relationship feels contrived but the basis seems to be on Condola helping Issa with this block party and a couple of forced kekes but they don’t seem to really vibe. But why bring this unnecessary drama to her doorstep, when it’s not necessary. This isn’t Nathan or even Daniel. This is Lawerence they dated for five years and had this huge ish just last year. Her and Condola seem like they would be better off keeping it professional, rather than forcing a relationship that inevitably is going to blow up.

I agree Molly is Passive aggressive which leads her down a lot of these paths to begin with. I feel like she should have been called Andrew out when he told her he was seeing other people, which she did but not after being passive aggressive about it. Then she had an issue with fµck!ng him with no depth but she did call him out on? Although I feel like she shouldn’t have pushed on his sister, but essentially said she’s looking for a man and a relationship with depth. However I feel like what she gets called out for is having an issue with any of these things to begin with? And I’m confused in on that part. I just feel like Issa and Molly are both equally yoked.
Old but. That's the issue though. She's doing everything ass backwards! She wants a serious relationship but sleeps with Andrew before establishing one. She wants to be exclusive, but is not letting him know and getting mad about him dating other people. Molly HAS to learn to communicate better. She's so afraid of Andrew running and her ending up alone, that's she's keeping her feelings bottled in until she has an angry out burst (like at dinner).

I'm hoping after this she calms down but I think not with her somehow letting it slip to her family (way too soon). He doesn't need to be meeting them and she BETTER NOT MENTION IT.

suesnell

♒️
Reaction score
Reactions
201,829 10,062 5,710
Alleybux
Ughhh, I'm watching this and I have so many thoughts. Just saw the part where Condola alluded that she was going to Ojai Valley with Lawrence. His bummy ass couldn't even get Issa a birthday card, but other women get his best. Given all that, it bugs the sh!t out of me how Issa is so thirsty for his attention and forgiveness.

Elona

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,423 623 54
Alleybux
Ughhh, I'm watching this and I have so many thoughts. Just saw the part where Condola alluded that she was going to Ojai Valley with Lawrence. His bummy ass couldn't even get Issa a birthday card, but other women get his best. Given all that, it bugs the sh!t out of me how Issa is so thirsty for his attention and forgiveness.
Yea after they had dinner and she was at his house and said something like “what if I don’t wanna go?” had me screaming at my tv

Janeway

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,076 1,055 841
Alleybux

Well, to be fair, at the time when he and Issa were shacking, Lawrence didn’t have money. They broke up just as he started earning more. Arguably Issa may have thought a little more before cheating on Lawrence or maybe wouldn’t have cheated at all had been more successful, but I digress.

If you haven’t already, you should check out Rashida Jones’ film “Celeste and Jesse” forever. Celeste is a successful media entrepreneur, and she’s married to Jessie, whose this artist. They married young, and Jesse is a slacker compared to Celeste. However, she’s supportive of his career, tries to hook him up with opportunities when she can, blah blah blah. So eventually, Celeste gets tired of Jesse and decides to leave. And you can guess what happens after that. Jesse gets his act together for the next chick, and unlike Condola on Insecure, the “next chick” isn’t nearly as accomplished or upwardly mobile. She’s just basic.

suesnell

♒️
Reaction score
Reactions
201,829 10,062 5,710
Alleybux
Well, to be fair, at the time when he and Issa were shacking, Lawrence didn’t have money. They broke up just as he started earning more. Arguably Issa may have thought a little more before cheating on Lawrence or maybe wouldn’t have cheated at all had been more successful, but I digress.

If you haven’t already, you should check out Rashida Jones’ film “Celeste and Jesse” forever. Celeste is a successful media entrepreneur, and she’s married to Jessie, whose this artist. They married young, and Jesse is a slacker compared to Celeste. However, she’s supportive of his career, tries to hook him up with opportunities when she can, blah blah blah. So eventually, Celeste gets tired of Jesse and decides to leave. And you can guess what happens after that. Jesse gets his act together for the next chick, and unlike Condola on Insecure, the “next chick” isn’t nearly as accomplished or upwardly mobile. She’s just basic.
To be fair? Nah, Lawrence had at least 5 years to get it together and there was no excuse for him to not offer at least some small gesture on her birthday when she's holding him down. He even looked like he barely washed his ass.

I can't

Akimbo

Cheverly Remembrance Week: April 15-21
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,612 20,843 4,107
Alleybux
If it was just that Lawrence was unsuccessful, I don’t believe she would have strayed; she was struggling, too. It was that he was such a bummer: did the least for her birthday, stayed glued to the couch in sweats, no xes.

Janeway

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,076 1,055 841
Alleybux
To be fair? Nah, Lawrence had at least 5 years to get it together and there was no excuse for him to not offer at least some small gesture on her birthday when she's holding him down. He even looked like he barely washed his ass.

Im not denying that, but Lawrence probably would have taken Issa wherever if he had the funds when they were together. We’ve had lengthy discussions on this board about what Lawrence’s financial situation was while he was living with Issa. We all have theories based on clues from the show, but if Lawrence didn’t have the money to take Issa to Ojai Valley, then . . .

Lawrence didn’t strike me as stingy. He struck me as broke and depressed because he was broke. So, it’s not surprising to me that he would spend money on his woman once he had it.

Once his career prospects started looking up, Lawrence took Issa to the store to look at rings before he found out that she cheated. I don’t want to spoil, but later on in the season, Issa and Lawrence have an episode, and I’m fairly certain that he pays for everything.

If it was just that Lawrence was unsuccessful, I don’t believe she would have strayed; she was struggling, too. It was that he was such a bummer: did the least for her birthday, stayed glued to the couch in sweats, no xes.

I just think all of that stemmed from his being broke. He was scrubby, and in a rut, probably low key depressed. It’s such a Catch 22. Lawrence would land a high paying job after Issa cheated. How convenient, right LOL? And after she held him down . . . SMH

Akimbo

Cheverly Remembrance Week: April 15-21
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,612 20,843 4,107
Alleybux
Im not denying that, but Lawrence probably would have taken Issa wherever if he had the funds when they were together. We’ve had lengthy discussions on this board about what Lawrence’s financial situation was while he was living with Issa. We all have theories based on clues from the show, but if Lawrence didn’t have the money to take Issa to Ojai Valley, then . . .

Lawrence didn’t strike me as stingy. He struck me as broke and depressed because he was broke. So, it’s not surprising to me that he would spend money on his woman once he had it.

Once his career prospects started looking up, Lawrence took Issa to the store to look at rings before he found out that she cheated. I don’t want to spoil, but later on in the season, Issa and Lawrence have an episode, and I’m fairly certain that he pays for everything.

I just think all of that stemmed from his being broke. He was scrubby, and in a rut, probably low key depressed. It’s such a Catch 22. Lawrence would land a high paying job after Issa cheated. How convenient, right LOL? And after she held him down . . . SMH
I definitely know that’s what it stemmed from, but it wasn’t his being broke, it was his reaction to being broke that led to the dissolution of their relationship.

If he’d had a better, more positive attitude, they could have been grinding on the come up together. Conversely, he could have been successful, but still have driven Issa away by disregarding her birthday, being negative, and not being intimate.

Definitely a trip that he started to get
It together AFTER she cheated!