Quantcast

HBO's Insecure (Season 4, Episode 6: Lowkey Done) Viewing Thread

Who do you think will cave in first?

• Molly

• Issa

• They'll both cave in because of peer pressure from friends!

• IDC! But someone needs to check on Tiffany & her postpartum depression!

Results are only viewable after voting.

SlayK Rowling

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
87,774 3,550 3,335
Alleybux
I was trying to figure out where Gorge was from until I realized he was that Gun Line nukka from LIFE lol. I loved this episode I thought it was great.

Magical Unicorn

Rihanna's Marshmallow
Reaction score
Reactions
67,062 1,837 896
Alleybux
oh no they didn't! this is why I don't talk to strangers!

This makes me sad because some of the best friends I've made were strangers and I've had great moments spent with people I'll never see again... and sometimes sharing a nice moment with someone you just met makes your day.
It's almost like this scenario is sending a message that you should accept toxic behaviour from the people you know because the people you don't know are even worse.

I don't agree with it and considering how many people out here are lonely and lack friends... well why feed into people's fears that strangers are all bad people that are gonna do you wrong? They could be just a regular person like you.

I know it's just a TV show but this triggered me lol

Kmissa

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,606 302 82
Alleybux
Honestly it’s weird to me that a whole. Half of his racial lineage is being ignored.

It’s like having a black female character played by a mixed actress and ignoring that she’s mixed and giving her two black parents, it’s a little odd IMO.

Especially because the dude looks mixed.

Maybe if he stays around they will touch on it?!

Cranesinthesky

Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds
Reaction score
Reactions
415,292 15,602 5,029
Alleybux
This happens with Asian American actors a lot. Like the main dude from Crazy Rich Asians is actually Filipino (?) hapa and they made him full Chinese. And Molly's coworker from season one (the black & yellow chick) is also half white lol.

Yeah I’ve observed this. It also happens with black women which is why I’m raising it. They’ll be O.K with a mixed black woman as a love interest etc. but not a monoracial black woman. It’s kind of a slap on the face to Asain men when Henry Golding, Charles Melton and how this actor are seen as the representative of Asain male xes symbols on T.V and in film and they’re all half white.

It’s a similar thing to what happens with black women.

...but of course I suppose I should shut up because we’re just supposed to be content that the show hires black people and black creatives, I’m nitpicking by raising this. LOL. O.K.

Anyway, I like Alexander but it would be nice to see more monoracial Asain men as love interests.

Gladhe8HER

Stop your foolishness
Reaction score
Reactions
84,195 2,138 1,316
Alleybux
Are you kidding me? SMH. They don’t give black writers a chance to write for any of these shows and films anymore. It’s sad.

How ironic when lack of black representation was highlighted heavy in season 1. It's sad because soo much creativity and originality has been splashed across television these past couple years, making television much better. I hope we don't revert back. We've had only white writers for far too long, and it's stale.

Earth Mami

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,843 1,222 193
Alleybux
This makes me sad because some of the best friends I've made were strangers and I've had great moments spent with people I'll never see again... and sometimes sharing a nice moment with someone you just met makes your day.
It's almost like this scenario is sending a message that you should accept toxic behaviour from the people you know because the people you don't know are even worse.

I don't agree with it and considering how many people out here are lonely and lack friends... well why feed into people's fears that strangers are all bad people that are gonna do you wrong? They could be just a regular person like you.

I know it's just a TV show but this triggered me lol

I'm late but that scene triggered me too. This is exactly why I don’t trust people and it’s hard for people (especially women) to make friends after college. I’m in a new city and I’m having a hard time making connections and I’ve been burned and ain’t been down here two years.

I get it was a scavenger hunt but they should’ve just drank Issa’s wine at the sip and paint and went about their day. That’s technically befriending a stranger. They should’ve gotten their ass beat for that dine and dash.

Edit: thanks for the tag @Joshuababe1! Doing the Lord’s work lol

Soriya

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
216,438 4,183 1,318
Alleybux
TEAM ISSA here! Molly is miserable. Even in finding out the dirt on her dad. I love my dad so much, but if he cheated on my mom or did something foul how can I be more upset? I am not knocking her right to be angry, but I think it took too long for her to move on.

Molly has very low emotional intelligence. While Issa’s lack of being able to handle confrontation is not the best trait she is more wholesome than Molly to me. It is why Molly got so much slander, much to the surprise of the cast and writers.

Dimplesxo

We did it Joe!!
Reaction score
Reactions
448 13 1
Alleybux
Omg its wild to me how yall constantly absolve Issa of every wrong doing whatsoever. Issa is in no way a better friend, shoot she might even be a worse friend than Molly. They're both childish and immature, but Issa is more selfish and self centered. Its frustrating how noone seems to notice or care. Everyone's just jumping on the Issa train and its fµck Molly all day. Lol sheesh

Chibabe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
109,001 2,520 2,483
Alleybux
Omg its wild to me how yall constantly absolve Issa of every wrong doing whatsoever. Issa is in no way a better friend, shoot she might even be a worse friend than Molly. They're both childish and immature, but Issa is more selfish and self centered. Its frustrating how noone seems to notice or care. Everyone's just jumping on the Issa train and its fµck Molly all day. Lol sheesh
lol yup. i really confirmed it was a lost cause for some ppl when someone posted that video of molly encouraging issa by mentioning andrew and saying she knows people. and they really thought they were doing something. they completely ignored the fact that right after that, molly asked issa if it was cool for andrew to invite nathan to the fundraiser, and issa made it clear it was not bc they werent on good terms. yet we're supposed to believe there was nothing shady about her going thru nathan to circumvent molly to get a favor from andrew?

ppl who keep making excuses for issa are more than likely the issas in their friendships. very selfish with user behavior and no accountability. and i say this as someone who is still rooting for issa, just like i'm rooting for molly.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,665 1,450 501
Alleybux
The music for this damn show!

And no they didnt hit the Different World Debbie Allen RELAX RELATE RELEASE!

tumblr_inline_nlue1xvXrq1s3ey8p.gif

Issa Rae!

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,665 1,450 501
Alleybux
Issa's apartment is HUGE!

Reconnect? For what girl?! Issa. Stop.

Oh lord. Now because of what Molly said, she's going above and beyond trying to help folks. Self-reflect, but dont over-correct! LOOK AT MY BARZ!

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,665 1,450 501
Alleybux
Now Issa. That is why you dont give rides to strangers! You are not gonna rack up karma points this way baby.

KYLA PRATT THOUGH?! Issa MOTHERF*CKING RAE!

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,665 1,450 501
Alleybux
Oh Issa stop frontin'! You manage an apartment complex. Good job, but aint near what's about to come outchea mouth.

Eta: but fake it til ya make it.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,665 1,450 501
Alleybux
Well damn mama!

Interesting. Never thought Issa suffered from low self-esteem, but it wouldn't be called Insecure if she was.

It is still hard for me to see people smoking all out in the open, all normal. And by hard, I mean, it makes me worried the cops are gonna bust in.

RedRuby1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,027 290 75
Alleybux
Nathan has a sexy voice. But considering his issues its probably best if him and Issa don't get together.