Quantcast

He Wears The Same Stuff everyday

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,530 494,807 222,814
Alleybux
My boyfriend wears the outfit everyday. every...day. At first I wasn’t super bothered by this last semester bc of covid, i understood that we weren’t really doing much outside of sitting in our rooms so I could kinda understand wearing the same sweatshirt for the week if you just threw it on to go to the cafe and back.
But now that it’s spring and we have more in person classes

he’s still wearing the same hoodie.
He changes the shirt underneath daily and the joggers every 2-3 days. But the hoodie is a graphic hoodie with distinct designs on it and it’s maroon. I am a fashionista and I love to dress up but I’m not even asking him to do all that just wear more than 1 thing. I’ve even offered to buy him a sweater or two when I’ve had the points/discounts/coupons.

The style is not the problem for me. His closet is full of cool graphic sweatshirts of similar styles and a variety of shirts/joggers.
But he wears none
I’m starting to get annoyed bc it’s becoming warmer (up to 75 degrees on some days) and he still insists on wearing this crusty hoodie. He also hasn’t gotten a haircut in 4mo and it’s growing uneven.

Is this common w everybody bc of e-learning or is this a man thing??my bf is very cute under all of this dust but is it wrong that I’m starting to get repulsed/frustrated? I don’t even know how to approach the subject wo coming off controlling or rude.

smokie

metamorphosing for martyrdom
Reaction score
Reactions
4,234 118 35
Alleybux
Have you had a discussion with him about this?

Coco Campbell

Do Not Normalize Mistreatment
Reaction score
Reactions
215,671 12,395 7,403
Alleybux
If he is not for you then move on do not try to fix him, be his therapist or build him up. Just move on to a guy who checks off the boxes. Men never bend for women yet women bend themselves into the eight dimension for men.

Last edited:

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
Maybe he really likes the fit and how he feels in it. As long as he washing his arse and takes them off and washes them. Why don’t you talk to him about it.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,271 173 18
Alleybux
My boyfriend wears the outfit everyday. every...day. At first I wasn’t super bothered by this last semester bc of covid, i understood that we weren’t really doing much outside of sitting in our rooms so I could kinda understand wearing the same sweatshirt for the week if you just threw it on to go to the cafe and back.

He changes the shirt underneath daily and the joggers every 2-3 days. But the hoodie is a graphic hoodie with distinct designs on it and it’s maroon. I am a fashionista and I love to dress up but I’m not even asking him to do all that just wear more than 1 thing. I’ve even offered to buy him a sweater or two when I’ve had the points/discounts/coupons.

The style is not the problem for me. His closet is full of cool graphic sweatshirts of similar styles and a variety of shirts/joggers.
But he wears none
I’m starting to get annoyed bc it’s becoming warmer (up to 75 degrees on some days) and he still insists on wearing this crusty hoodie. He also hasn’t gotten a haircut in 4mo and it’s growing uneven.

Is this common w everybody bc of e-learning or is this a man thing??my bf is very cute under all of this dust but is it wrong that I’m starting to get repulsed/frustrated? I don’t even know how to approach the subject wo coming off controlling or rude.
Perhaps he's depressed.

818ciao

No longer active
Reaction score
Reactions
29,026 1,725 636
Alleybux

But he wears none

Maybe it’s his mental health. Talk with him.

Squidward

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
56,300 1,919 1,493
Alleybux
So did Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg does. Many successful people do. They say it free up their mind and time to focus on other things.

Ocean Mama

Your Favorite Plot Twist
Reaction score
Reactions
84,690 3,602 2,670
Alleybux
...I suppose it would be wrong to hide it under the bed for a few weeks...

Maybe you should gift him with six more of his favorite hoodie.

Look on the bright side: at least he's not vain!

NarcoticVenus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
29,670 734 410
Alleybux
I think it may just be COVID laziness.

If you are working or studying from home all the time, eventually you start to get a little slobby unless you make a deliberate effort.

Especially guys who don't want to have to do laundry. And since he was this way before, I think it's just exacerbated by the staying at home.

You say you are a fashionista. This may just be unmatched expectations, so have a talk with him. As long as his hygiene is ok, you may just have to deal.

Herfeffine

The REAL Herfeffine Heferfefer
Reaction score
Reactions
195,763 4,372 909
Alleybux
Considering he changes everything else besides the sweatshirt, maybe he just likes it? The depression theory is good, or maybe this is his signature outfit like Steve Jobs. I have no idea how you’d get him to change because he seems pretty set on it

MessyB0ttom

Blue waffle survivor
Reaction score
Reactions
160,828 6,800 2,798
Alleybux
I don't think it's depression or anything like that if he's changing the actual shirt and pants. Is he bathing?

JonathanFrakes

BLACK AMERICAN- you are BEAUTIFUL!
Reaction score
Reactions
193,819 5,003 1,118
Alleybux
is wearing a hoodie the same thing as wearing the same jacket every day? im asking because he changes his underclothes so thats a good sign..some people have diff opinions on that lol that could be the misunderstanding on why he finds it ok.

Righteous27

Doing the Most
Reaction score
Reactions
36,679 362 73
Alleybux
Some things are just comfortable. Does he wash his body? Does he wash the sweatshirt? Maybe it has some significance for him?

Harpo24

Not to be messed for real!!
Reaction score
Reactions
10,577 310 111
Alleybux
I am so sorry but the title made me laugh so hard!!! I work with a guy who wears the same thing everyday!! smh!!

AfroGoddess

excessively black
Reaction score
Reactions
22,170 749 185
Alleybux
could be depression but that wouldn't be my first thought. i have multiple hoodies but one is my absolute fav and i tend to wear that one. it's probably his most comfy since he wears it so often.

Bella8933

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,077 5,828 6,841
Alleybux

But he wears none

This is how he is.

Personal grooming shouldn't take a hit if you are around people in the pandemic.

And WHY would you offer to buy him ANYTHING? You are not his mama.

Why do you young girls get involved with losers and try to use your money or your time .... bending backward to FIX him?

Bad idea.

To me as long as he is clean and well - groomed it shouldn't matter what he wears since you are both kids in SCHOOL. You seem shallow.

You should break it off rather than spend your energies getting him to change his wardrobe to make you happy. :/

Reaction score
Reactions
4,866 292 195
Alleybux
It's very simple outside clothes and inside clothes. Talk to your friend, explain to him why the exchange needs to happen.it took a couple of weeks to practice, but the husband finally got it.and everyone's happy

WhewChileTheJello

Leftest Mafia Mama
Reaction score
Reactions
126,169 2,056 548
Alleybux
He’s wearing the same joggers more than a day? Like the same pair? The pair that is on his ass today will be on his ass unwashed for another day or two?

3sugarspls

bonnet association affiliate
Reaction score
Reactions
47,887 3,028 1,002
Alleybux
I don’t think it’s normal to wear the same pants everyday, I’d accept the same sweat shirt every other day but at some point it starts to get funky from body sweat.

Pepperann

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
21,542 574 126
Alleybux
Sounds like my husband. He’s very conscientious about his suits and making sure he doesn’t wear the same ones too close together, but his regular clothes are whole nother thing. I bought him 2 sweatsuits a few years ago, and he literally wears them everyday. He wears the Michigan state one, then the Spartans one the next day. And so on, and so on and so on. Sometimes when I wash them I don’t give them back to him for a while just so I can have a break from seeing them everyday.

MelinaRollins

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,265 1,053 609
Alleybux

But he wears none

I think it's his favorite hoodie/sweater. I use to do this throughout k-12. Every few years I'd have a hoodie or jacket that I REALLY liked so I wore it everyday. As an adult I try not to do it because some people make it "A Thing". But I DEFINITELY have one specific favorite and I probably wear it the most.

Last edited:

chocolateTy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
291,227 7,670 6,914
Alleybux
As long as he washes his ass and that hoodie, I don't see the problem. Not everyone is a self professed fashionista, especially now, because in the grand scheme of things, there are more important things going on in the world besides fashion.

DZbornak

I’m not patronizing you, I’m a-mocking you
Reaction score
Reactions
152,555 5,365 1,568
Alleybux
How old is he? My kid would wear the same clothes daily for months if I would let him. But he is 11.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
So did Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg does. Many successful people do. They say it free up their mind and time to focus on other things.
Nah steve jobs and mark zuckenburger wear the same neutrals everyday and I wouldn’t mind that! Like if he had 6 of the same thing it’d be different.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
He’s wearing the same joggers more than a day? Like the same pair? The pair that is on his ass today will be on his ass unwashed for another day or two?
yes! i think ppl are confusing the fact that it’s hygiene and wanting to appear hygienic that i care more about than the actual style.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
As long as he washes his ass and that hoodie, I don't see the problem. Not everyone is a self professed fashionista, especially now, because in the grand scheme of things, there are more important things going on in the world besides fashion.
i never expected him to be a fashionista even though i am one. i just thought he would wear more than one hoodie weekly and change it when there’s clearly spaghetti sauce on the sleeves. like when is washing your ass simply not enough.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
This is how he is.

Personal grooming shouldn't take a hit if you are around people in the pandemic.

And WHY would you offer to buy him ANYTHING? You are not his mama.

Why do you young girls get involved with losers and try to use your money or your time .... bending backward to FIX him?

Bad idea.

To me as long as he is clean and well - groomed it shouldn't matter what he wears since you are both kids in SCHOOL. You seem shallow.

You should break it off rather than spend your energies getting him to change his wardrobe to make you happy. :/
yknow you’re right about maybe breaking it off but he’s not well groomed and trust me i go to school every day where everyone ain’t dressed at a 10 bc of the pandemic but you not wearing the exact same sh!t for days even when there’s stains on it and going weeks wo combing your hair.