Heaven and Hell

AwesomaPowa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
1,172 36 43
Alleybux
Can the Christian fonts please hook me up with some passages from the Bible describing heaven and hell.

Also, do y'all think that when people die they go to heaven right away?

I have a lot more questions and I hope you guys can answer them for me or direct me to someone who can.

Princess Peach

Peachy
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
1,102 84 66
Alleybux
Don't you have to do really bad sh!t to go to hell? Like, as long as you don't kill anyone you good.

Marlon12

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
42,762 94 18
Alleybux
I couldn't resist.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gocu9N6k6as"]Salt-N-Pepa - Heaven 'n Hell - YouTube[/ame]

Reaction score
Reactions
166,894 7,229 4,005
Alleybux
Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

^^ Unless you repent. The only people who definitely have a 1 way ticket to hell is those who blaspheme the holy spirit.

Isaiah 66:22 “As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. 24 “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

Talking about the New Earth and Those who were against God ^

bible verses about Heaven
http://www.openbible.info/topics/heaven

SheSheWright

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,210 1,822 2,367
Alleybux
Bible Study ToolsVerses by TopicHeaven Bible Verses

Isaiah 25:8-12

he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken. In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation." The hand of the LORD will rest on this mountain; but Moab will be trampled under him as straw is trampled down in the manure. They will spread out their hands in it, as a swimmer spreads out his hands to swim. God will bring down their pride despite the cleverness of their hands. He will bring down your high fortified walls and lay them low; he will bring them down to the ground, to the very dust.
Read Isaiah 25 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Matthew 5:17-20
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
Read Matthew 5 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Matthew 7:13-15
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
Read Matthew 7 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Matthew 19:17-19
"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments." "Which ones?" the man inquired. Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.' "
Read Matthew 19 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Luke 13:29-33
People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last." At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, "Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you." He replied, "Go tell that fox, 'I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.' In any case, I must keep going today and tomorrow and the next day--for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!
Read Luke 13 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

John 14:2-4
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."
Read John 14 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Colossians 3:1-7
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: xesual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.
Read Colossians 3 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Revelation 7:13-17
Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes--who are they, and where did they come from?" I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore, "they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
Read Revelation 7 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Revelation 21:4-8
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the xesually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
Read Revelation 21 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Revelation 22:3-7
No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever. The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place." "Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."
Read Revelation 22 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Revelation 22:5-9
There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever. The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place." "Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book." I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!"
Read Revelation 22 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Ezekiel 28:24-26
" 'No longer will the people of Israel have malicious neighbors who are painful briers and sharp thorns. Then they will know that I am the Sovereign LORD. " 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When I gather the people of Israel from the nations where they have been scattered, I will show myself holy among them in the sight of the nations. Then they will live in their own land, which I gave to my servant Jacob. They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the LORD their God.' "
Read Ezekiel 28 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Matthew 22:29-33
Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.
Read Matthew 22 | View in parallel | Compare Translations

Screen Siren

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,969 3,779 4,009
Alleybux

BellaMomma3

Mommas
Reaction score
Reactions
56,865 2,768 2,133
Alleybux
I think that some people do go right to heaven. When a believer passes away, they don't die, they "fall asleep". Nobody said how long. Maybe they fall asleep on earth and then their spirit goes to heaven. On the other hand, I think those that go to hell probably meet their judgment once they die.

AwesomaPowa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
1,172 36 43
Alleybux
Is there commentary for these verses somewhere? I'm not going to pretend like I understand some of those verses.

I'm wondering things like...

-What do you get when you go to heaven?
-What does it look like?
-Do the people who go to hell ever enter heaven?
-What do the angels look like? (Do angels have a gender?)
-Are there different levels of hell and heaven?
-Ohhhh and I want to know about Judgment Day!

AwesomaPowa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
1,172 36 43
Alleybux
I think that some people do go right to heaven. When a believer passes away, they don't die, they "fall asleep". Nobody said how long. Maybe they fall asleep on earth and then their spirit goes to heaven. On the other hand, I think those that go to hell probably meet their judgment once they die.

So the people who don't go to heaven right away have to wait?

Oh...and if y'all have any info about the grave please let me know.

Sorority Girl

Hooking in Brooklyn
Reaction score
Reactions
6,860 70 151
Alleybux
Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

^^ Unless you repent. The only people who definitely have a 1 way ticket to hell is those who blaspheme the holy spirit.

Isaiah 66:22 “As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. 24 “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

Talking about the New Earth and Those who were against God ^

bible verses about Heaven
http://www.openbible.info/topics/heaven

Thank you for posting. :psmile: Subscribing

Reaction score
Reactions
166,894 7,229 4,005
Alleybux
Is there commentary for these verses somewhere? I'm not going to pretend like I understand some of those verses.

-What does it look like?

Depending on how good of a believer on earth you were depends on what you get for example: A person like Jefferey Dahmer who gave his life to God before he died, will only get eternal life, nothing else special. A person that died for Christ aka a Martyr will get a crown and glory.

On Corinthians it says "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him"

People who go to hell are just going to hell, that's it.

Angels are asexual but I do believe they can either look like females or males. There are many types of angels. Some look like your stereotypical Angel but some look really "Weird"
"As for physical characteristics, angels are sometimes described as winged. The images of cherubim on the ark of the covenant had wings that covered the mercy seat (Exodus 25:20). Isaiah saw winged seraphim in his vision of the throne of heaven, each one having six wings (Isaiah 6:2). Ezekiel, too, saw visions of winged angels. Isaiah 6:1-2 depicts angels having human features—voices, faces and feet. Angel voices are heard singing and praising God in several other passages. One of the most complete descriptions of an angel is in Daniel 10:5-6: “I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of the finest gold around his waist. His body was like chrysolite, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude.” The angel at Jesus’ tomb was similarly described: “His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow” (Matthew 28:3).
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/angels-look.html#ixzz32DR3LDlj"

I do believe there are different levels in hell but not heaven.
http://www.gotquestions.org/levels-hell.html
Just different rewards for Heaven, like I said about some receiving crowns. more on that here
http://www.gotquestions.org/heavenly-crowns.html

More on Judgement Day
http://www.gotquestions.org/great-white-throne-judgment.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/judgment.html

I just like to do the education :glasses-nerdy:

Yoshi3329

Sweet as banana | Thank You Jesus 4 Saving My Soul
Reaction score
Reactions
135,209 10,886 10,832
Alleybux

-What does it look like?

Well I'm reformed Christian, so mind you that's going to influence my answer, but I love Matthew Henry's Complete Bible Commentary.