Quantcast

HELP: How to tell if he's Bi curious or just comfortable with his sexuality

AsIf97

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
87 4
Alleybux
WOULD BE GLAD TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ALONG THE WAY: okay Hey LSA, I'm stuck. I have this friend that is straight and we've been friends for years. Closest guy friend I ever had, gives me advice when I need it and dont expect it. He knows of my sexuality. We've been hanging out since the summer of this year more than ever. We talk about a lot too personal stuff, just everyday sh!t. I could just be myself around him and not be judged.

Okay lol long story short I just don't know what to think. I could be misinterpreting this like everyone else does but I just wanna know how you guys would go about this situation.

two words

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,899 1,079 579
Alleybux
are you a guy? i'm asking cause i dont see why else you would think he's bi curious

eta: assuming u are cause u said he knows of your sexuality.

Reaction score
Reactions
181,543 3,136 1,372
Alleybux
He's probably just comfortable with you and since yall been cool for years he knows you.

He might just be a good person. OR.... It's just you.

I had a male friend like this. He was cool with another friend of mine who was gay, but he didn't like a lot of other gay guys.

havelock

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
133,437 4,137 2,794
Alleybux
The only way to get out the friend zone is to go for it

literally

If he lets you, you got a new man

If you dont try, you will be stuck in that friend zone

Sprite97

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
129,701 3,646 5,513
Alleybux
Sounds like he is comfortable with your sexuality.However, why do you think he might not be comfortable with his sexuality?

SmoothCriminal

'You find your pleasure scandalizin' every lie'
Reaction score
Reactions
5,509 62 85
Alleybux
Lie to him and say you've started to wonder if you're attracted to women as well or if it's just a phase. Then ask 'have you ever gone through anything similar or have you always been attracted to just women?'.

Brilliant idea, eh?

See how adding to the end of the question: 'or have you always been attracted to just women' plants the seed?

wltz.gif

Sprite97

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
129,701 3,646 5,513
Alleybux
WOULD BE GLAD TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ALONG THE WAY: okay Hey LSA, I'm stuck. I have this friend that is straight and we've been friends for years. Closest guy friend I ever had, gives me advice when I need it and dont expect it. He knows of my sexuality. We've been hanging out since the summer of this year more than ever. We talk about a lot too personal stuff, just everyday sh!t. I could just be myself around him and not be judged.Okay lol long story short I just don't know what to think. I could be misinterpreting this like everyone else does but I just wanna know how you guys would go about this situation.
If he's straight, why not just appreciate him as a good platonic friend. If you hit on him or try to get close to him romantically, it might ruin the friendship.

AsIf97

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
87 4
Alleybux
The only way to get out the friend zone is to go for it

literally

If he lets you, you got a new man

If you dont try, you will be stuck in that friend zone
lol Deadass my friend said the same sh!t, but everyone knows I'm a punk when it comes to stuff like that lol. Part of me wants to and the other part of me is afraid he might punch me in the face and never fµck with me again

Reaction score
Reactions
8,716 141 21
Alleybux
Sounds like he's just comfortable with his and your sexuality. Just be his friend unless he makes a move on you and gives you permission to hop on it.:33:

AsIf97

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
87 4
Alleybux
Just ask him
I've seen him react to a story I told him about a photographer that was internet famous and wanted to give a free shoot, for xes. And he did one of those "if I were you" things. He's was a little mad lol

havelock

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
133,437 4,137 2,794
Alleybux
lol Deadass my friend said the same sh!t, but everyone knows I'm a punk when it comes to stuff like that lol. Part of me wants to and the other part of me is afraid he might punch me in the face and never fµck with me again

I would rather lose someone than be stuck in that cold
glass case of emotion they call a friend zone

giphy.gif

Just do it

Lalah

C A R A M E LL E
Reaction score
Reactions
282,327 15,405 8,148
Alleybux
I don't think a straight man would be close friends with a gay man unless they're related. So, yeah he's curious but you better not try nothing slick. He might get angry and hurt you. When he's ready, he'll start asking you questions about xes. Just wait for it.

havelock

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
133,437 4,137 2,794
Alleybux
Only as narcissist would say something like this.

Aight tumblr

Remaining emotionally healthy does not make one a narcissist...

The friend zone is a long slow miserable death

and fortune favours the bold.

AsIf97

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
87 4
Alleybux
I don't think a straight man would be close friends with a gay man unless they're related. So, yeah he's curious but you better not try nothing slick. He might get angry and hurt you. When he's ready, he'll start asking you questions about xes. Just wait for it.
I phucks withcu ✊🏽 Just what I was thinking

Matheo455

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
187,276 6,129 3,803
Alleybux
WOULD BE GLAD TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ALONG THE WAY: okay Hey LSA, I'm stuck. I have this friend that is straight and we've been friends for years. Closest guy friend I ever had, gives me advice when I need it and dont expect it. He knows of my sexuality. We've been hanging out since the summer of this year more than ever. We talk about a lot too personal stuff, just everyday sh!t. I could just be myself around him and not be judged.

Okay lol long story short I just don't know what to think. I could be misinterpreting this like everyone else does but I just wanna know how you guys would go about this situation.

Let me tell you this lesson from one bisexual boy who went through what you went through:

If a man likes you, you would never have to guess. Nor wonder or have anxiety day to day about his true feelings.

Yes he is your friend and it is understandable you have grown fond of him, when you spend so much intimate time with someone. Feelings will develop as your mind wonders what if??? In spite of that it's irrelevant whether he likes you or not, you deserve to be with a guy. Who looks at you, know what he wants and pursues you.

Men are like trains spend your attention on yourself and other men you know for sure like you.

Shelby472MD.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,708 3,608 356
Alleybux
If he wants you, he'll let you know. Don't go make a move on that man and risk losing a good friend. Good friends are hard to come by.

AsIf97

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
87 4
Alleybux
Let me tell you this lesson from one bisexual boy who went through what you went through:

If a man likes you, you would never have to guess. Nor wonder or have anxiety day to day about his true feelings.

Yes he is your friend and it is understandable you have grown fond of him, when you spend so much intimate time with someone. Feelings will develop as your mind wonders what if??? In spite of that it's irrelevant whether he likes you or not, you deserve to be with a guy. Who looks at you, know what he wants and pursues you.

Men are like trains spend your attention on yourself and other men you know for sure like you.
I phucks witchu heavy

AsIf97

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
87 4
Alleybux
Sounds like he's just comfortable with his and your sexuality. Just be his friend unless he makes a move on you and gives you permission to hop on it.:33:
I didn't see this but lmfaooooo

Larue1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,954 3,161 1,857
Alleybux

Dont make a move on him. This is one of the main reasons straight people don't befriend Gay people of the same xes. As soon as they do the Gay person begins to question their sexuality. "He/she must really be Gay if he/she is hanging out with me." He likes you and sees you as his friend. Until he makes it crystal clear that he wants something more don't ruin your friendship trying to sleep with the man. He's obviously cool with you and doesn't care about who you have romantic relationships with. He likes you as a friend. Why can't that be enough? Do you believe that the only way someone can befriend you is if they're Gay too? Dude...:e7_25:

Sprite97

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
129,701 3,646 5,513
Alleybux
Dont make a move on him. This is one of the main reasons straight people don't befriend Gay people of the same xes. As soon as they do the Gay person begins to question their sexuality. "He/she must really be Gay if he/she is hanging out with me." He likes you and sees you as his friend. Until he makes it crystal clear that he wants something more don't ruin your friendship trying to sleep with the man. He's obviously cool with you and doesn't care about who you have romantic relationships with. He likes you as a friend. Why can't that be enough? Do you believe that the only way someone can befriend you is if they're Gay too? Dude...:e7_25:

Good point. You're right. People often say that a straight person is not comfortable with their sexuality if they avoid a gay person, but that is not the reason. A person can be very comfortable with their sexuality and still avoid a gay person. They avoid gay people because they fear the person will develop a crush on them. This is why straight people prefer straight people of the same xes, so they don't have to worry about someone secretly (or not so secretly) crushing on them. Many straight people want a comfort zone, meaning they want their friends of the same xes to be platonic, without the hassle of an unwanted crush or misleading someone. It has nothing to do with being comfortable with your sexuality.

I think this is also the reason why some women don't want their boyfriends being friends with gay guys.

AsIf97

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
87 4
Alleybux
UPDATE: he just called me out of the blue to smoke, we talked about some things lmao.

AsIf97

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
87 4
Alleybux
Lol we listened to his new favorite rapper, aaand he gave me details about some of his xes partners. I have friends that says he is blessed and they were surprised by how good he was. You would never guess if you guys knew him lol. Not the info you were looking for but that's what happened lol. Baby steps.

TheUneditedMind

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
138 12 13
Alleybux
I knew this was a guy from the way this question was framed.
First, let me say this (and please don't take offense) but stop trying to gay up every man that is trying to befriend you.
Why is it that gay men want to sleep with every man that is open enough to be their friend or wants to be their friend?
Gay men CAN have mature platonic male friendships not based on xes.
This is the MAIN REASON why people look at homosexuals as predators. Sad to say but it is truth.
Just because a man walks by and says hello does not mean he wants to drop his draws and show you his meat.
Just because a man chats it up with you it does not mean he wants to pull out his johnson and let you swing on it.
Just because a man has conversation with you and is open to befriending you does not mean he wants to dump his baby mama, move in and be your "straight" boyfriend.
Elevate your mind.
Unless he has made clear and definite actions toward you in an emotional and/or xesual way let it be what it is- just two men hanging out being homeboys.
Sidenote: I lived this lifestyle for over 20yrs of my life faithfully so I know of what I am speaking. Its sad to walk around like a walking "g-spot."

MrsTresvant

Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,495 20,158 17,409
Alleybux
Hey OP, I researched this for women to be able to detect bisexual or bicurious "straight" men and found this dude's video:

http://www.makehimcometoyou.com/

I was laughing my ass off at the cartoon visuals...wow!

Anyways, maybe pay for his "straight bait" membership and try your friend at the risk of losing your friendship.