Quantcast

HER is killing R& B she’s a threat in every category!

Reaction score
Reactions
5,224 116 43
Alleybux
Thank you!

She is very well packaged from the start. Nothing feels genuine about H.E.R!!!
Can it be because we don’t know anything about her? Her name she hid her face for the longest day what you want about these loud mouth stars being too closed off can be a turn off especially in this oversharing era on social media.

Kano1987

LSA OG Fav! 2009 til infinity
Reaction score
Reactions
328,316 12,228 7,479
Alleybux
Can it be because we don’t know anything about her? Her name she hid her face for the longest day what you want about these loud mouth stars being too closed off can be a turn off especially in this oversharing era on social media.
Huh!

Everyone knew she was. And she was called out for talking slick about monoracial black people. Please read this entire thread.

Young Wisdom

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,583 460 572
Alleybux
Ok OP, I changed my mind you're right lol. HER may have a boring vibe sometimes but yes she is talented, won't deny that. I do think out of all her current peers she will be around longer. She already had an impressive feature on Toni Braxton's new song. Not trying to be funny but I do think the people in general are feeling HER more than Ella Mai these days. HER has like 2 million more views for her song Damage than Ella Mai For Not Another Love Song. I haven't even heard Ella Mai song on the radio yet. She has been dragged on twitter the last few days because people were bringing up Jacquees version of Trip and also random people were saying she's the weakest link. People have really lost interest in Ella Mai from what I've noticed this past month.

babablkshp

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
45,278 876 319
Alleybux
People here are putting so much on HER’s virtue as if she’s not a young sheltered woman who will change her experience and views and tastes in time. You’re making her out to be one dimensional already and will turn on her the minute she lowers the v cut on her shirt LOL

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
right if Prince didn’t say it..no.

And fans don’t even give their fav time to develop before they start trying to dole out legendary status that’s why music is as dull as it is. Consumers had higher expectations before and artists worked their asses off beyond their first year or two of big success.

I think HER has potential but she is still VERY MUCH a student. And that’s ok.
Baby girl needs to study more than Lauryn Hill & Rihanna she’s has the Fefe Dobson thing with the instruments. Her is something the Industry doesn’t know what to do with she can do everything let her and keep her away from sleazy nword mooches!

Last edited:

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
boring, fake, something is off, unrelatable, need to open up more

Reserved black women can’t catch a break.
That’s what doesn’t add up she’s private but puts it out her love there for dopefien Chris Brown & Twink ass Skip Marley. I’m sure they’re nice ppl in her head but nooo.

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
boring, fake, something is off, unrelatable, need to open up more

Reserved black women can’t catch a break.
Ur a hater but I agree something is off I said that from the 1st concert. Ion mean this in a disrespectful way but I wonder was she born a boy!

CoconutClean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
75,869 2,776 605
Alleybux

She’s an industry plant, was a child music prodigy who has been groomed by labels for years since she was a kid. The whole hiding her face thing is to make her seem more mysterious, although she’s very talented she doesn’t have very much depth to her and that’s why she’s packaged the way she is.

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
People here are putting so much on HER’s virtue as if she’s not a young sheltered woman who will change her experience and views and tastes in time. You’re making her out to be one dimensional already and will turn on her the minute she lowers the v cut on her shirt LOL
Ion know she been in that experience since she was 10 she’s allegedly 23 she relates to snakes for a reason and takes to some of the sleaziest mf u ever wanna see..things that make u go hum!

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
She’s an industry plant, was a child music prodigy who has been groomed by labels for years since she was a kid. The whole hiding her face thing is to make her seem more mysterious, although she’s very talented she doesn’t have very much depth to her and that’s why she’s packaged the way she is.
I think she amoung others thats now blowing up in her age group was in a child xes ring! The ones that kept their mouth closed are being rewarded now!

lets make sure she reps the rewards and request her stuff and keep it on repeat on the music apps! She talented lets make her larger than life why not!

CoconutClean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
75,869 2,776 605
Alleybux
The frustration concerning H.E.R. isn't necessarily her but the machine behind her. She's hailed as this child prodigy but has failed to garner any major traction for music alone post debut.

From the gate, she was granted a Grammy darling and a legend in the making. She won a damn Grammy from a mixtape. To put that in comparison, SZA was nominated for 7 awards for a smash hit album yet left empty-handed.

I personally have nothing against H.E.R. as I am rooting for her; however, her music in itself is basic as fµck. She's been in Lauryn Hill cos play but can't get one of her records to take off.

Her entire musical identity thus far screams pretentious.

hit the nail on the head

CoconutClean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
75,869 2,776 605
Alleybux
Yes, you're right. However if I saw HER walking down the street, I would just think to myself "Oh there's a brown-skinned pretty Black girl with long hair and round features". I know two dark skinned Black women with long straight hair and they aren't mixed. One of them are as dark as Lupita Nyongo but she has bone straight hair that can't hold a curl And she's Black and my cousin.

And a monoracial Black woman is getting push like HER--Janelle Monae. However, because Janelle is a gay woman pushing the trans/White SJW agenda, she's getting major industry backing.

Justine Skye has some East Indian admixture and two parents in the industry. But she's not being as pushed as HER.

Again...HER is less threatening to White audiences than some like Justine because she is marketing as the R&B, neo-soul rival, brown skinned curvy girl in tomboy clothes.

America still has hangs-up seeing a sexy, feminine, or elegantly beautiful Black American woman because people want to believe that dark skinned women can't actually be those things.

im kind of surprised your calling her curvy, not saying she’s bad looking or anything but I don’t see how her body would be an obstacle in her career she isn’t big nor is she necessarily thin.

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
im kind of surprised your calling her curvy, not saying she’s bad looking or anything but I don’t see how her body would be an obstacle in her career she isn’t big nor is she necessarily thin.
She has curves in the right places she’s not that big at all, I’ve met HER a few times and she has no idea how highly I think of her or I exist. She looks good but the make up enhances her. She the type I look twice at she’s not that friendly like hi and keep it moving as she should be. I’m good looking she looked at me I smiled at her she looked away my heart was crush lol

CoconutClean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
75,869 2,776 605
Alleybux
She has curves in the right places she’s not that big at all, I’ve met HER a few times and she has no idea how highly I think of her or I exist. She looks good but the make up enhances her. She the type I look twice at she’s not that friendly like hi and keep it moving as she should be. I’m good looking she looked at me I smiled at her she looked away my heart was crush lol

So this is why you’re mad lol

CoconutClean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
75,869 2,776 605
Alleybux
In Damage yeah I picture she’s talking to Skip in all the other songs and that smoke out corn ball is a turn off for me so yeah just show love bc I hated so much but I’m Not a fan of her Skip obsession! How she allegedly drug free but only fµck with dopefiens & classy but drawn to that sleazy island culture, it don’t add up I thinks she’s closer to 30 tbvh and on drugs!

You don’t have to be so mad, if anything Skip has seemed more into her than she is into him, have you seen their Fallon performance? He’s trying to dance with her and she’s keeping her distance, I think they may have had a lil fling but it doesn’t look like a romantic relationship will endure there.

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
You don’t have to be so mad, if anything Skip has seemed more into her than she is into him, have you seen their Fallon performance? He’s trying to dance with her and she’s keeping her distance, I think they may have had a lil fling but it doesn’t look like a romantic relationship will endure there.
I couldn’t I was heartbroken lol her judgement to be that off to have a fling with someone with the rumors that’s out there and some undisclosed lawsuits about those men in that family her gut feeling is off, how she been in that business tht long and hasn’t heard about those Marley men! I still love Damage regardless but I hope her love for drug addicts ends b4 she end up one. She has so much promise she’s the future!

I don’t know if it was the smell of weed & oil or his long loxs, high yellow skintone or twink looks that got her confused but the word rapist is being thrown around ion know who tho. It’s the talk of the station! Blow Damage up please play it on repeat and let get it to number one!

Last edited:

CoconutClean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
75,869 2,776 605
Alleybux
I couldn’t I was heartbroken lol her judgemental to be that off to have a fling with someone with the rumors that’s out there and some undisclosed lawsuits about those men in that family her gut feeling is off, how she been in that business tht long and hasn’t heard about those Marley men! I still love Damage regardless but I hope her love for drug addicts ends b4 she end up one. She has so much promise she’s the future!

I don’t know if it was the smell of weed & oil or his long loxs, high yellow skintone or twink looks that got her confused but the word rapist is being thrown around ion know who tho. It’s the talk of the station! Blow Damage up please play it on repeat and let get it to number one!

Have you considered that artists aren’t always singing about personal experience? Sometimes music is written or given to them they may like or fits their aesthetic, no need to make a whole story up or assume it’s about someone she’s rumored to be linked too, I’m sure they have plenty of friends and relationships the public knows nothing about and may inspire their work. Hang it up bro, did you actually know her enough to be this emotionally involved? It’s kinda worrisome.

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
Have you considered that artists aren’t always singing about personal experience? Sometimes music is written or given to them they may like or fits their aesthetic, no need to make a whole story up or assume it’s about someone she’s rumored to be linked too, I’m sure they have plenty of friends and relationships the public knows nothing about and may inspire their work. Hang it up bro, did you actually know her enough to be this emotionally involved? It’s kinda worrisome.
The Damage is done once you’re seen with someone is stuck there forever. You don’t know what I know but if they like it I love it. I can t help but visualizing Skip in all her new music, that ruined a great artist like Whitney & Bobby.

u must be on the payroll. Ion know what y’all little girls are into but smoke out men with long hair isn’t masculine or appealing for many! If she’s private & let it slip she hooked up with him i don’t wanna see the others I’m picturing lil wanye but he might be too dark for her!

I like Damage if u not gonna help blow it up to number 1 don’t reply!

Last edited:

Sashiki

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
6 1
Alleybux
Uhuhhh leave Lil Wayne and his 4 fried locs alone ...I’m glad she didn’t look twice at you, you sound toxic af!

Ps: Please don’t even associate someone with rape unless you have something other than hearsay to go on.

Anyway HER usually minds her own business and she is likely to be around for a long time.

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
Uhuhhh leave Lil Wayne and his 4 fried locs alone ...I’m glad she didn’t look twice at you, you sound toxic af!

Ps: Please don’t even associate someone with rape unless you have something other than hearsay to go on.

Anyway HER usually minds her own business and she is likely to be around for a long time.
Search the Marleys Here on lipstick alley and come back & apologize. I didn’t say anything bad about her but she likes lightskin dopefiens Chris Brown, Skip etc.

Only weak cry baby children use the word toxic she’s didn’t give me a chance because she has sh!t taste.

I’m clean, drug free & don’t wanna be famous or want anything from her but a gf inwhich she’s straight & use to industry nword trash like THEY ALL ARE use to!

You’re not welcome on my thread! Request damage on the radio 5 times now get lost!

Last edited:

CoconutClean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
75,869 2,776 605
Alleybux
The Damage is done once you’re seen with someone is stuck there forever. You don’t know what I know but if they like it I love it. I can t help but visualizing Skip in all her new music, that ruined a great artist like Whitney & Bobby.

u must be on the payroll. Ion know what y’all little girls are into but smoke out men with long hair isn’t masculine or appealing for many! If she’s private & let it slip she hooked up with him i don’t wanna see the others I’m picturing lil wanye but he might be too dark for her!

I like Damage if u not gonna help blow it up to number 1 don’t reply!

I’m on whose payroll? I literally said I thought her was talented but completely inauthentic and well packaged cause she lacked life experiences to write about.

Sashiki

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
6 1
Alleybux
Search the Marleys Here on lipstick alley and come back & apologize. I didn’t say anything bad about her but she likes lightskin dopefiens Chris Brown, Skip etc.

Only weak cry baby children use the word toxic she’s didn’t give me a chance because she has sh!t taste.

I’m clean, drug free & don’t wanna be famous or want anything from her but a gf inwhich she’s straight & use to industry nword trash like THEY ALL ARE use to!

You’re not welcome on my thread! Request damage on the radio 5 times now get lost!
lol

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
I’ve been too harsh on these acts. Live your dreams H.E.R. Lets all uplift and encourage. ❤️❤️
Exactly I didn’t know so many ppl disliked her, I feel we should blow Damage up. If ppl on this thread that like the song request it on the radio by text, call, Email, etc and get it everywhere it can reach number one! ion know any song better right beside one that stays in my head!

sleepguru

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,857 61 4
Alleybux
3 Grammy nominations for H.E.R this year... 13 in total...
The R&B girls carried this year and many were snubbed but I guess sunglasses deserved the nominations. Don't get me wrong she's talented and I love a lot of her songs but the likes of Brandy, Ledisi, Summer Walker, Alina Baraz, Teyana, Kiana Lede etc did their thing this year and one if not all deserved recognition. The Grammys really love this girl wow.

Last edited:

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
3 Grammy nominations for H.E.R this year... 13 in total...
The R&B girls carried this year and many were snubbed but I guess sunglasses deserved the nominations. Don't get me wrong she's talented and I love a lot of her songs but the likes of Brandy, Ledisi, Summer Walker, Alina Baraz, Teyana, Kiana Lede etc did their thing this year and one if not all deserved recognition. The Grammys really love this girl wow.
I agree about Kiana Lede it’s time her her to get Recognition. I hear jams on Pandora by artist tht will never blow up that are talented but won’t make bc of payola.

I think “I can’t breath” was nice & “back on my bs” was a bop, so is Damage they’re more Grammy worthy sonngs. the other music didn’t connect and not Grammy worthy imo!

Hit different didn’t qualify or Ushers don’t waste my time? She can play those instruments well but something fishy going and I’m one of biggest her fans that’s will always listen to her music with a open mind. I’m not feeling the Grammies or Billboard they been lost all credibility long ago but idk. This wasn’t earned imo!

Last edited:

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
There is no doubt she’s overrated. Smart manager though.
I feel they switching her up to soon betraying her day ones. I think her management has the right ppl in their pocket and is good at conning everyone.

Smart would have been re-record the HER ep update the sound, add more tracks and released as her debut album. I’m older so I enjoy mature music but it doesn’t fit her, it’s like she never had a youth and young ppl(ratchet music lovers)hate HER and a lot of lesbians. They know how shady nwords are and don’t believe in love.

She needs to promote Damage as
Much as she can and should’ve pushed”back on my BS” young kids liked that, but they’re head so far up the Marley ass pushing sleazy and drug addicts on the youth bc her mangers are old and think that’s gon set her apart and it’s alienating bc she’s a loose ratchet too and HER brand is not who HER is and a lot of ppl aren’t buying it! The sh!t is noticeable and not adding up!

I hope she blows all the way up but not letting men ride her coattail or keep supporting them, bring some ladies up too, but men still dominate tht industry it time for women to take over! All the others are baby mamas its a wrap. She sold her soul and is probably shady asf so I doubt that will happen!

It’s Sza, HER, Ella mai and other girls who are hungry for money and notoriety for the beautiful voices and not being baby mamas time to shine! Tell on the pedos and rapist get em out the way and women take over!

Ari, Kiana Lende, Mahalia and many more it’s time!

Last edited:

Deepshallow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 373 392
Alleybux
There is no doubt she’s overrated. Smart manager though.

Janine probably made it happen. Jeff her molester & pimp he’s a con artist pimp! Typical industry Rkelly story. They keep saying at the station how groomed, molested, & passing HER around 2da right ppl to blow her up. My blood was boiling..:(

Last edited:

Meimei0316

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,303 1,854 926
Alleybux
Janine probably made it happen. Jeff her molester & pimp he’s a con artist pimp! Typical industry Rkelly story. They keep saying at the station how groomed, molested, & passing HER around 2da right ppl to blow her up. My blood was boiling..:(
thank you. Behind the scenes, she is a ho.