HGTAWM is the same show as Scandal?

Reactions
8,590 209 175
Alleybux
I’m watching Scandal for the first time this holiday season, and the similarities are jumping out. I’m on season 2 of Scandal, please don’t post major spoilers! Does this make sense?

1) Quinn and Wes: both lovable do-gooders, both question their leader (Olivia and Annalise), both have a twist backstory where their lives were saved by the leader and identities changed, both recruited to join the team but don’t know why they were chosen
2) Abby and Connor: so far both seem like the sarcastic funny member of the team. I doubt Abby’s backstory will be very interesting
3) Columbus’s character and Michaela: so far they both seem close to Abby and Connor, they both are intelligent white-collar black characters
4) the Scottish guy who left the group, and Asher: womanizing / playboys, not regularly involved with the team
5) Huck and Frank / Bonnie: all kill in the name of their leader, all worship the group Olivia and Annalise walk on
6) Fitz and Nate: both having an affair with the leader, both are like plot devices instead of developed characters because they both represent the obstacle that Olivia and Annalise have to deal with, i.e. the government and the law. The obstacle goes back and forth between being their helper and their enemy.
7) Mellie and Sam Keating: drive their spouses crazy, have an evil streak, both not in love with their spouses anymore / in loveless marriages

Forgot to add that the first season deals with a criminal case that’s exactly like the Lila Stanguard story. David and Oliver seems similar too.

I’m not sure who compares to Laurel yet, but I’m calling it now, Scandal ends up being the Mellie Grant Show by season 4...

atx

Reactions
8,266 132 16
Alleybux
tenor.gif

Lol too true. I don’t even understand what Pete did to a runaway hit. Hopefully he never gets a chance to do it again.

The showrunner for How to Get Away with Flopping was a writer for Shonda Rhimes' Scandal.

The Culture

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Man Convicted of Fatally Punching 5 Year Old Son Over Cheesecake
Horrible. I'm sure there were red flags, here, too. Sickening how people don't put their children's safety first. A father killing their own child...
The internet could be ‘decentralized’ within two to three years
Right now, there are developers working with other developers to make a decentralised privacy centric internet. Given that the Cambridge...
The Cambridge’s are starting a YouTube channel
LMFAO @ the irony of you telling someone to try reading comprehension. She doesn't write children's books. She will write ONE book aimed at...
What is Kevin Samuels on? Who listens to this dating "advice"?
Exactly! As someone who is lighter skin. I hate hate hate when they try to pin dark skin women against light skin women. I feel sorry that this...
Is Anthony Mackie fine to you?
Oh yea! I totally forgot about that Black Mirror episode
Lily James unveils new hair to play...Pamela Anderson
100%. You can tell that neither one of them really likes him like that. One has a funky look on his face whenever CE is brought up in interviews...
SWV vs. XSCAPE VERZUZ BATTLE | May 8th, 2021
They singing live right?? If so, who's taking the lead foe Xscape?? LOL Gon be a long day Xscape
Tawny Kitaen, ’80s Music Video Vixen Dead at 59
Aww rip tawny! I remember her form the surreal life and the music videos!
Why Do Democrats Infantilize Us So Much
Lol, check out the most violent cities in the US, and check the demographics of each. Overwhelmingly low income areas? Why are you talking about...
Egyptian mummies
This is kind of sad. They need to let these people rest in peace I feel the same way. And I feel it's no coincidence that so many tragedies...
Top Bottom