Hi everyone! Sorry for being late...

Starter
Reactions
34 1
Alleybux
Why did you feel the need to say you love black culture on an entertainment forum? That's the problem. Even when they try hard to, white folks always show that pale ass.

I'm sorry but I don't consider this forum to be only an "entertainment" forum :/

You must know better than me.

I wanted to experience first hand discussions about Africa, african-american people and things alike.

It shows I largely chose the worst words to express this intention.

I'm not "trying hard" at anything, actually.

C L E N C H E D
Reactions
280 2 1
Alleybux
Hi.

Just so you know, your "I love black culture" thing probably rubbed people the wrong way because it lumped a massively diverse group of people into one thing. It's slapping a this-is-what-black-people-do stereotype sticker on us, and then expecting us to take it as a compliment because you meant it in a good way.

the-more-you-know_gif.gif

Starter
Reactions
34 1
Alleybux
Hi.

Just so you know, your "I love black culture" thing probably rubbed people the wrong way because it lumped a massively diverse group of people into one thing. It's slapping a this-is-what-black-people-do stereotype sticker on us, and then expecting us to take it as a compliment because you meant it in a good way.

the-more-you-know_gif.gif

I understand your point of view.

"Black" culture does exist though, as albanian culture (my culture) exists, as indian culture exists and so on. What's wrong with adknowledging it and saying you love it? I love african-american music, I love african tribal dances, I love african languages and african history as much as I love indian culture.
It wasn't my intention to stereotype black people at all.

I guess I chose the wrong words to express this feeling.

To be honest, I didn't even think someone would have noticed the thread at all, so I didn't spend much time thinking about a more detailed and accurate presentation which would have better represented me.

Take the SH out of IT
Reactions
1,044 41 21
Alleybux
I understand your point of view.

"Black" culture does exist though, as albanian culture (my culture) exists, as indian culture exists and so on. What's wrong with adknowledging it and saying you love it? I love african-american music, I love african tribal dances, I love african languages and african history as much as I love indian culture.
It wasn't my intention to stereotype black people at all.

I guess I chose the wrong words to express this feeling.

To be honest, I didn't even think someone would have noticed the thread at all, so I didn't spend much time thinking about a more detailed and accurate presentation which would have better represented me.

*sigh*

smdh.gif

Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

smack some knowledge into your head...

bQwYxQK6WuP

Team Owner
BANNED
Reactions
8,840 15 16
Alleybux
You did it wrong, Rebecca. Wait until you leave the Intro Forum and get out into da LSA skreets. It's not gon' be good :no: so to help you I'd like to suggest that you stay in the MJ forum. Otherwise by year's end you can forget about those edges 'cause they will be snatched, stole, bagged and sold. Watch. :yes:

Pretty Brown Brown
Reactions
25,299 356 127
Alleybux
You did it wrong, Rebecca. Wait until you leave the Intro Forum and get out into da LSA skreets. It's not gon' be good :no: so to help you I'd like to suggest that you stay in the MJ forum. Otherwise by year's end you can forget about those edges 'cause they will be snatched, stole, bagged and sold. Watch. :yes:

And since you love black culture you should know exactly what the bolded part means....

rolls-eyes-o.gif

Starter
Reactions
34 1
Alleybux
Seven years later I still remember this thread, I just read my old messages and now I completely get why people were angry at me, tbh I would have dragged myself too had I been able to really understand the implications of what I was saying :LOL: Sorry again for the cringe :cautious:

Trending Threads

The Culture

Celebrity News

Television Alley

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
Just thinking about August Walker does strange things to me:tongue2 he absolutely can tell me what to do
Teresa Giudice loves Kenya Moore, "I will always have her back"
Wow Luanne looks really good best she’s ever looked I’d say. True, that green dress is great.
What’s the most pathetic Thing you’ve read/Saw on lipstick alley ?
For me OP making this thread after I checked her ass twice for coming at me and remembering I have a child. Now onto the money comment lol sis I...
Atlanta Tea 2.0: 2021 Edition
Why pnb rock baby momma go out like this? Look like she got punched in the mouth im so sick of seeing black women with all these fillers. we...
Comedian Gary Owens wife Kenya Duke asks for $44,000 a month in spousal support
Tasha K just said that Gary makes $100k a show according to his wife. He does too many smaller venues to make that much per show. Someone on his...
Tell me you grew up with an old school black Grandmother without telling me you grew up with an...
Everybody in here cousins. Its some pecan pie in the icebox, you want some? Icebox lol. Yes my grandma said this and my mom.
A "passable" Transwoman says that straight men dating Transwomen doesn't make them gay
Not like a woman's. I am saying that guy is forcing a woman's curve. Men have completely different backs and that one way to tell a woman from a...
Buckingham Swirl: The Prince Charles (and Family) Appreciation Thread
also they are handcuffed to this stupid Rota, who will viciously turn on them and their children if they ever tried to cut them out. But Harry and...
Top Bottom