Quantcast

Hilary Duff drags her neighbor on IG stories

nique71

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
347,562 8,763 3,183
Alleybux
I am kinda surprised her team didn't make her take that IG story down.

But it sounds like this guy is doing drugs on the family dime and if he doesn't get his sh!t together he'll be cut off.

Raynebow

❤︎ i only smoke girl blunts ❤︎
Reaction score
Reactions
28,496 900 111
Alleybux
Source: NY Post

After Hilary Duff blasted neighbor Dieter Addison for allegedly smoking cigarettes “and weed all night long,” Addison says he is lawyering up.

On Tuesday night, the former Disney Channel star unleashed an epic tirade on social media against Addison, who she claims keeps her up all night with his pot smoking. In a series of videos and pictures, Duff lamented to her 9.2 million followers that her “a—–e neighbor … smokes cigarettes and weed all night long,” and that her apartment stinks because of it.

Speaking to Page Six by phone on Wednesday, Addison told us he does not smoke pot and he actually lives full-time with a sober companion.

“I live with a sober companion, I’ve been sober for months now. I smoke a ton of cigarettes, don’t get me wrong, but this is a smoking building, which is why I signed the lease here.”

Addison — who says he works three jobs — insisted Duff’s social media onslaught is unfair: “I am getting a lot of hate mail and threats from her fans, it is so bad I’m going to have to get a bodyguard. I am from a very private German family and we are hiring lawyers.”

He said the problems started immediately when Duff moved in next door in January with her boyfriend, singer Matthew Koma: “When they moved in I turned down the music right away. When she first complained about smoke, I did offer to send in my own contractors to fix the ventilation problems. But the building owners did not get back to me to give the okay for the work to be done, but I did try.”

He added that Duff’s claims he doesn’t work are false, and in fact, he is currently employed at his family’s real estate office, and also works as an event producer and manages artists.

Addison is the grandson of the wealthy H. Dieter Holterbosch, who was born in Germany and immigrated to the US with his parents. A 2016 New York Times obituary said he was a self-made man who built a business empire that included a family vineyard, importing Lowenbrau beer to New York state and starting a distribution network for other beers.

I feel like it wont go to court but if it does i think its probably gonna get thrown out if theres no settlement... it just seems petty.

CoastalElite

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
382,955 13,534 6,874
Alleybux
img_0832_(1).png

She’s Wylin lol

MSUbaby

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,880 33 12
Alleybux
Sorry but if my child is being exposed to cigs I’d be pissed too. Unfortunately all this is going to do is make him retaliate

COMPLEXXX

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
903,493 13,467 1,349
Alleybux

After Hilary Duff blasted neighbor Dieter Addison for allegedly smoking cigarettes “and weed all night long,” Addison says he is lawyering up.

On Tuesday night, the former Disney Channel star unleashed an epic tirade on social media against Addison, who she claims keeps her up all night with his pot smoking. In a series of videos and pictures, Duff lamented to her 9.2 million followers that her “a—–e neighbor … smokes cigarettes and weed all night long,” and that her apartment stinks because of it.

Speaking to Page Six by phone on Wednesday, Addison told us he does not smoke pot and he actually lives full-time with a sober companion.

“I live with a sober companion, I’ve been sober for months now. I smoke a ton of cigarettes, don’t get me wrong, but this is a smoking building, which is why I signed the lease here.”

Addison — who says he works three jobs — insisted Duff’s social media onslaught is unfair: “I am getting a lot of hate mail and threats from her fans, it is so bad I’m going to have to get a bodyguard. I am from a very private German family and we are hiring lawyers.”

He said the problems started immediately when Duff moved in next door in January with her boyfriend, singer Matthew Koma: “When they moved in I turned down the music right away. When she first complained about smoke, I did offer to send in my own contractors to fix the ventilation problems. But the building owners did not get back to me to give the okay for the work to be done, but I did try.”

He added that Duff’s claims he doesn’t work are false, and in fact, he is currently employed at his family’s real estate office, and also works as an event producer and manages artists.

Addison is the grandson of the wealthy H. Dieter Holterbosch, who was born in Germany and immigrated to the US with his parents. A 2016 New York Times obituary said he was a self-made man who built a business empire that included a family vineyard, importing Lowenbrau beer to New York state and starting a distribution network for other beers.

Welp. That didn't take long.

I bet she felt good when she posted it. Gots to be more careful.

And since this dude has money, he's probably going to keep his foot on her neck and be relentless just to show her he can.

Last edited:

genesisc

love to love me
Reaction score
Reactions
1,942 32 20
Alleybux
cant she just knock on the door and settle it w him. why rant on social media

KrazyAngel

GATEKEEPER
Reaction score
Reactions
306,606 6,561 3,791
Alleybux

:disdain
Sounds like his parents still pretty much fund his life tho?

KrazyAngel

GATEKEEPER
Reaction score
Reactions
306,606 6,561 3,791
Alleybux
Eh, I don’t feel bad for him. Bad roommates/neighbors can literally test your sanity. She’s probably been dealing with this for months, and he sounds like one of those dirty people who doesn’t realize their dirt impedes into other peoples spaces.

KrazyAngel

GATEKEEPER
Reaction score
Reactions
306,606 6,561 3,791
Alleybux
Is he going to buy a new name after this? Cuz whenever anyone googles him, this is all they will find lmao. Savage.

I’m pretty sure Hilary already thought about the consequences of this, she just dgaf.

Tina J

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
136,917 6,567 2,430
Alleybux
This is so childish. People have the right to smoke in their own apartment if they want to. And hard working? b!tch all you do is go on vacations, promote those slim tea products and lounge around the house all day behind your mac.

Maxine

Diana Incarnate
Reaction score
Reactions
176,506 4,010 747
Alleybux
View attachment 288075

It's true about getting a vape. It's 2018 for fucks sake, nobody wants their whole building smelling like backwoods and cigs. Ugh. And I can relate about people fighting with their partner and slamming doors, breaking sh!t. I didn't realize how common that even was until I lived in an apartment. People can be so mindlessly rude in apartment complexes, like we can't hear and smell all your bµllsh!t.
I love my herb vape. Helped with the odor, thanks PAX lol.

tastelikepepsicola

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,745 534 194
Alleybux
She got that disney money so I KNOW hilary don’t have to put up with this which is why i’m confused....
She can’t file a complaint? If she’s living somewhere nice like I’m assuming, then wouldn’t the landlords be on her neighbors ass for this? Especially because she’s a celebrity I’m sure they’d take her concerns seriously as their tenant. Plus if it’s in a upper-middle class area and he has the place reeking of ganja and throwing furniture around, no way would that be tolerated.

Maybe Hilary is leaving out that she’s been staying in the ghetto?

Mulberry

I don't interact with new fonts. 365 day minimum.
Reaction score
Reactions
153,602 5,550 2,401
Alleybux
I'm siding with Hilary on this.
I don't live in an apartment but I have asshole neighbours who let their five douchebag teenage sons run wild and their damn rooster is constantly cock-a-doodle-doo'ing at all fµck!ng hours. Who the fµck gets a pet rooster? The 85-year-old Italian lady across the road hates them with a passion. She gives everyone but them homemade lasagna's and cakes + fresh fruit and vegetables that she grows in her garden. Christmas '17 she slid a real estate brochure into their mail box with a post-it note that said: "new year, new start?". I love her.

sloanie

notKris
Reaction score
Reactions
10,141 271 170
Alleybux
My apartment constantly smells like weed because my neighbors smoke it all day every day. I hate it so much, so I understand where she’s coming from. But if she’s living in a pricy building in nyc why are the walls so thin the smells permeate them?

Oh Honey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,063 4,923 2,321
Alleybux
She shouldn't have posted his IG but I'm going to start documenting my neighbors being a nuisance.
I can smell smoke from my bathroom and in my kitchen.
Also, I'm not sure but I think one of the abuses their dog, I can hear whimpering and crying early in the morning but I don't want to assume he's hurting them.

Is your neighbor white? If yes, he‘s probably raping his dog. Call help!

strawberryanise

Not Quilty!
Reaction score
Reactions
252,149 9,154 877
Alleybux
First of all, I'm glad of this:
Another white on white dispute.

I've seen several posts on the FB page for my neighborhood (which is gentrifying) about this issue:

Can’t stand these tacky degenerate weed head

My neighbors were literally smoking weed with their apt door open. Mind you we share a hallway. What if my mom or someone was visiting? I was so pissed.

After Hilary Duff blasted neighbor Dieter Addison for allegedly smoking cigarettes “and weed all night long,”

For example, a newish resident to a building complains about dudes who either sit in front of the building and smoke weed, or sit in the lobby and do it. The smoke wafts into the building and into her apartment. She said she tried asking them to move it elsewhere because...

Sorry but if my child is being exposed to cigs I’d be pissed too.
...but they refused. She debated calling NYPD, but some people say, nah, why escalate things like that and jam up these guys up over a little bit of weed. So, nothing really changed.

Addison — who says he works three jobs

So, he's hustling with three jobs just to make rent there, huh?
giphy.gif

Defamation of character and harassment. She could have to pay him some money
Do we know whether she has the resources to pay him to move?

So it's a smoking apartment and she's complaining about him smoking?

This is so childish. People have the right to smoke in their own apartment if they want to.
Weed's still illegal in NYC. That said, Hilary's rant is ill-timed, because the infamous Manhattan DA Cy Vance (the one who declined to prosecute Trump's children and Harvey Weinstein) just announced that his office will stop prosecuting people for small-time marijuana possession or for smoking pot in August 2018.

Side note: NYCHA announced that they will no longer allow residents to smoke (cigarettes) in their apartments either.

nique71

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
347,562 8,763 3,183
Alleybux
First of all, I'm glad of this:

I've seen several posts on the FB page for my neighborhood (which is gentrifying) about this issue:

For example, a newish resident to a building complains about dudes who either sit in front of the building and smoke weed, or sit in the lobby and do it. The smoke wafts into the building and into her apartment. She said she tried asking them to move it elsewhere because...

...but they refused. She debated calling NYPD, but some people say, nah, why escalate things like that and jam up these guys up over a little bit of weed. So, nothing really changed.

So, he's hustling with three jobs just to make rent there, huh?
giphy.gif

Do we know whether she has the resources to pay him to move?

Weed's still illegal in NYC. That said, Hilary's rant is ill-timed, because the infamous Manhattan DA Cy Vance (the one who declined to prosecute Trump's children and Harvey Weinstein) just announced that his office will stop prosecuting people for small-time marijuana possession or for smoking pot in August 2018.

Side note: NYCHA announced that they will no longer allow residents to smoke (cigarettes) in their apartments either.

I doubt he has one job let alone three. He sounds like a useless bum living off of the family's money. Hilary just went about this all wrong.

NYCHA has some nerve though. The apartments are crumbling, with bad plumbing, flooding when it rains and who knows what else yet they are placing bans on smoking. Figures.

strawberryanise

Not Quilty!
Reaction score
Reactions
252,149 9,154 877
Alleybux
NYCHA has some nerve though. The apartments are crumbling, with bad plumbing, flooding when it rains and who knows what else yet they are placing bans on smoking.

I saw the notice posted in the hallways when I went to visit someone recently. Yes, this is happening. (I wonder though realistically how will this be enforced, unless neighbors snitch.)

I'm well-aware of NYCHA's woes. To be fair, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place, because of decades of divestment. (I doubt things will improve much with the current president and now that Cuomo is sticking his nose into things more).

PinkPancakes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,379 2,778 141
Alleybux
I don't blame her. If you want to slowly kill yourself then fine but when it affects me it's another story. I shouldn't be able to smell your cigarette or pot smoking habits while I'm sitting in my OWN apartment. It has nothing to do with being entitled. If this were one of you or another black person voicing their complaints then no one would say otherwise.

I'm sure she spoke to her landlord like many others who have been through this with disrespectful tenants. Y'all know damn well these landlords don't give a damn so long as their cheque comes through every month.

My friends 87 yr old mother was getting bullied and harassed by the other tenants. She was even pinned up against the stairs and threatened that if she reported them again for smoking then she would no longer be alive. The tenant did absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

N A N A

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,173 238 88
Alleybux
I think this is a bit immature but I totally get it. My parents home REEKS of cigarette smoke cause their neighbor smokes indoors the whole day. Like, the living room smells like a pub....it's terrible. They tried to call the landlord but apparently it's legal for people to smoke in their own homes even if it lowers the standard of living for their neighbors. I mean, he can smoke all he wants but when it permeates the walls and can be smelled in different apartments I think it crosses the line...

Ambi D

Fishnets, Black panty hose.
Reaction score
Reactions
337,532 7,602 1,812
Alleybux
“he is currently employed at his family’s real estate office, and also works as an event producer and manages artists.”

This means she’s right. He doesn’t work.

WWE Diva

90s Kid
Reaction score
Reactions
269,642 17,691 834
Alleybux
I'm siding with Hilary on this.
I don't live in an apartment but I have asshole neighbours who let their five douchebag teenage sons run wild and their damn rooster is constantly cock-a-doodle-doo'ing at all fµck!ng hours. Who the fµck gets a pet rooster? The 85-year-old Italian lady across the road hates them with a passion. She gives everyone but them homemade lasagna's and cakes + fresh fruit and vegetables that she grows in her garden. Christmas '17 she slid a real estate brochure into their mail box with a post-it note that said: "new year, new start?". I love her.

LMFAO amazing.

Afrohemian

Growing and Glowing.
Reaction score
Reactions
17,168 847 551
Alleybux

The bolded sounds like horse shxt to me, and is easily verifiable. Working for your family isn't WORK. Everybody is a producer and manager these days.