Quantcast

Hockey players to watch?

That_Wench

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,888 1,355 230
Alleybux
I'm new to the NHL but not new to hockey. I'm no longer afraid to admit that hockey is my favorite professional sport.

I have followed junior leagues for many years now, but the NHL is about to expand here in Seattle, and I've requested to be waitlisted for season tickets. It will be another two seasons before our team starts, so I'm looking for players to watch until then.

Primarily, I'm looking for black players. Brawlers. And good-looking eye candy. He can be all that in one or one of the three.

TDOTNYC

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
780 21 5
Alleybux
There’s not too many black players. I know of PK Subban, Wayne Simmonds and Joel Ward. There may be a few more and maybe some biracials as well, but it’s slim pickings.

If you just want players to watch, check John Tavares and Austin Matthews. Go Leafs, go! Connor McDavid is alright too.

WritingMerchant

Hockey Heaux, Bleeding Teal
Reaction score
Reactions
38,885 1,512 139
Alleybux
I believe Joel Ward retired, but the others listed so far are a good start for current players to follow.

Evander Kane is another who comes to mind for me.

That_Wench

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,888 1,355 230
Alleybux
Just discovered Sidney Crosby after reading through threads here. Will watch Blackhawks tonight & Penguins tomorrow.

Alas, watching on TV is not the same as being in the arena.

TDOTNYC

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
780 21 5
Alleybux
Just discovered Sidney Crosby after reading through threads here. Will watch Blackhawks tonight & Penguins tomorrow.

Alas, watching on TV is not the same as being in the arena.

Just discovered Sidney Crosby? Girl, that is hockey blasphemy. Don’t say that ever again. :)

My husband took our (then) four year old to the Leafs 100 year anniversary game last year and it was his first time and he was in literal heaven. Hubby goes all the time with his boys, and for networking; I’ve only been once. I’m not a huge sports girl, but I have a hockey crazy husband and two hockey crazy boys, so I adapted.

We put ourselves on the million person Leafs season ticket list. It’s never going to happen in our life but we signed up anyway. Good luck getting off your wait list.

Last edited:

That_Wench

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,888 1,355 230
Alleybux
I know. It's sad that I am only just discovering Sid. I feel cheated.

I am hopeful about getting season tix. The waitlist was created a year ago to garner support for our NHL team. Got 12k sign-ups within 6 hours. Tickets aren't officially on sale yet, so everyone is on the waitlist. I think some will lose interest between now & 2021.

puckhead103

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,716 3,083 712
Alleybux
I'm new to the NHL but not new to hockey. I'm no longer afraid to admit that hockey is my favorite professional sport.

I have followed junior leagues for many years now, but the NHL is about to expand here in Seattle, and I've requested to be waitlisted for season tickets. It will be another two seasons before our team starts, so I'm looking for players to watch until then.

Primarily, I'm looking for black players. Brawlers. And good-looking eye candy. He can be all that in one or one of the three.
the only black brawler in the league is ryan reaves who plays for the vegas golden nights..

you can also say wayne simmonds is a brawler..but he doesn't fight to much anymore....

That_Wench

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,888 1,355 230
Alleybux
I'm impressed with Jamie Benn and Erik Gudbranson who are brawlers. I see a lot of clips involving Simmonds fighting someone. He seems to have fought everyone.