Homemade Hot Sauce

HELLO Rupert

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
10,075 139 89
Alleybux
I am so going to make this!

1 pound stemmed fresh chiles (such as jalapeño, serrano, Fresno, or habanero; use one variety or mix and match)
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
PREPARATION
Pulse chiles and kosher salt in a food processor until a coarse purée forms. Transfer to a 1-qt. glass jar, loosely screw on lid, and let stand at room temperature for 12 hours to ferment slightly.
Stir in vinegar and loosely screw on lid. Let chile mixture stand at room temperature for at least 1 day and up to 7 days. (Taste it daily; the longer it sits, the deeper the flavor becomes.)
Purée mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Place a fine-mesh sieve inside a funnel. Strain mixture through sieve into a clean glass bottle. (Hot sauce will become thinner and may separate after you strain it; shake vigorously before each use.) DO AHEAD: Can be made up to 4 months ahead. Keep refrigerated.

canadiandesi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,320 554 318
Alleybux
My husband makes hot sauce at home and it's awesome! He's always getting requests from friends and co-workers for a bottle of it, the recipe is what you put up there. You can vary the heat by adding more or less potent peppers. You can add a Tblspn of it any sauce when cooking too to give it extra flavor.

MERICHRISTMAS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
28,182 179 64
Alleybux
I make hotsauce once in a while so I have one suggestion, please make sure you are in a very open ventilated area and protect your eyes, and nose.

Remember there is a good reason hot pepper spray works well in stopping potential attackers.

Red_On_Top

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
966 8
Alleybux
I am so going to make this!

1 pound stemmed fresh chiles (such as jalapeño, serrano, Fresno, or habanero; use one variety or mix and match)
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
PREPARATION
Pulse chiles and kosher salt in a food processor until a coarse purée forms. Transfer to a 1-qt. glass jar, loosely screw on lid, and let stand at room temperature for 12 hours to ferment slightly.
Stir in vinegar and loosely screw on lid. Let chile mixture stand at room temperature for at least 1 day and up to 7 days. (Taste it daily; the longer it sits, the deeper the flavor becomes.)
Purée mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Place a fine-mesh sieve inside a funnel. Strain mixture through sieve into a clean glass bottle. (Hot sauce will become thinner and may separate after you strain it; shake vigorously before each use.) DO AHEAD: Can be made up to 4 months ahead. Keep refrigerated.
Sounds good and spicy

The Culture

News Alley

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

Top Bottom