Quantcast

Houston/Drinkard Family Tea

akarlason

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,246 146 12
Alleybux
Pat posted Cissy this past week, looks like she is still in a nursing home. Why couldnt they get her the best at home care and let her stay with them

ScorpioStinger

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,094 61 9
Alleybux
Pat posted Cissy this past week, looks like she is still in a nursing home. Why couldnt they get her the best at home care and let her stay with them
She's not in a Nursing Home. someone asked that in the comments and Ulysses who works for the Estate, said she is still at home with assistance. He went in on someone in the thread.

Sweetheartbaby

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
8,638 1,016 921
Alleybux
I was wondering after listening to Whitney tonight why she became a drug addict. Usually there is some kind of childhood issue. She seemed close to her mother, what about her father? I know nothing about them. Not looking to bash her or any of them, Whitney was a beautiful child of God who is dearly missed. And I am sure her mother was heartbroken.

MrsArdethBay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,204 391 55
Alleybux
I was wondering after listening to Whitney tonight why she became a drug addict. Usually there is some kind of childhood issue. She seemed close to her mother, what about her father? I know nothing about them. Not looking to bash her or any of them, Whitney was a beautiful child of God who is dearly missed. And I am sure her mother was heartbroken.
She was closer to her father...

MrsArdethBay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,204 391 55
Alleybux
Y'all believe this stuff about coast wasn't Whitney's mother? I don't, but social media is running with it
Those close to her said she was closer to her father and that she was a daddy's girl. Maybe when she got older and became a mother she became closer to her mother.

lajolla12

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,671 748 1,006
Alleybux
She didn't seem to be that close to Cissy, I felt she was always looking for a mother figure.

Butterflyj82

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
441,575 29,006 1,300
Alleybux
This is a clip of Dionne on the show Finding Your Roots the full video is below
I think she focuses on her Maternal and Paternal Side. On the Maternal Side it would also include Cissy and Whitney

They traced Nicholas "Nitch" Drinkard Dionnes's Grandfather
They traced his roots back to John Drinkard Sr he is Dionne's Great Great Grandmother. He and his Wife owned a Farm in the 1800's near the border of Georgia in Blakely, GA when many African Americans were sharecroppers. Nitch lost the farm sadly and By the late 1920's they resettled in NJ. Nitch took a job in a Metal Fondary and he founded the Gospel Group the Drinkard Jubilars. Nitch passed away in 1952 but the group went on

Last edited:

Nippian4211

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
608 63 1
Alleybux
I think she focuses on her Maternal and Paternal Side. On the Maternal Side it would also include Cissy and Whitney

They traced his roots back to John Drinkard Sr he is Dionne's Great Great Grandmother. He and his Wife owned a Farm in the 1800's near the border of Georgia in Blakely, GA when many African Americans were sharecroppers. Nitch lost the farm sadly and By the late 1920's they resettled in NJ. Nitch took a job in a Metal Fondary and he founded the Gospel Group the Drinkard Jubilars. Nitch passed away in 1952 but the group went on

Cissy also talked about this in her first book too

MrsArdethBay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,204 391 55
Alleybux

There are Drinkards that still live in Early County (Blakely, GA). They forgot to mention John Drinkard Sr. changed his last name to Lincoln after slavery.

ScorpioStinger

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,094 61 9
Alleybux

It was excellent, I was hoping that it was shared how she is related to Leontyne Price, I know it's on her Mom's side, just wanted to know how.

ScorpioStinger

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,094 61 9
Alleybux
Yes it was excellent!! I would like to know how they are related to Leontyne also!! Their Family is soo talented
IKR, Dionne has said she didn't always know that they were related, and she was not raised around her. But when ever they saw each other it was always "Hey cuz". There is a strong family resemblance, if you go back and look at Oprah's Super Soul Sunday Gospel they are sitting next to each other and look like relatives.