Quantcast

UPDATE Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital nurses feel they're being forced to get vaccine, Houston Methodist gives ultimatum to get vaccinated or find anothe

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,520 5,072 186
Alleybux

Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital nurses feel they're being forced to get vaccine​

Friday, April 16, 2021 9:47PM

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- As the days and weeks go by, some nurses at Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital are dreading what's to come.

"There's so many 'What ifs?' out there," said a nurse, who wished to remain anonymous. "June 7 is the deadline. It's 'take the vaccine' or 'pack up your bags.'"

The nurse started a petition in hopes of opting out of the mandatory vaccine requirement for all staff at Houston Methodist.

"We're not saying we'll never get it, we just want more time," said the nurse. "We want more research. We want it FDA approved, thoroughly, before we actually put it in our body."

She said right now, a group of staff at her hospital is too afraid to get the vaccine, but they're even more worried about losing their job. They feel getting the vaccine should be a choice.

"I'm basically fighting for everybody that's too scared to speak up right now," she said.

Meanwhile, legal analyst Steve Shellist said quite frankly, the nurses don't have a lot of rights, especially during a pandemic. He said the law is pretty clear, and the only exceptions include religious or health reasons.

"The hospital has a right to say, 'If you're going to be in close contact with patients and other medical providers, you need to get a vaccine, and if you can't, you are not going to work here,'" he explained.

The president and CEO of Houston Methodist, Dr. Marc Boom, said they owe it to its patients to put them first and make them feel safe, so the vaccine is 100% mandatory. Boom said the hospital stands by its decision and believes it's 100% safe and the best option.

Houston Methodist recently held a town hall for its employees in order to ease fears and answer questions.

"Working in health care is a privilege," said Boom. "With privilege comes responsibility."

As for the nurse, she said she takes her job seriously, but she just wants to take the vaccine on her own terms when she is ready.

"If anyone would like to hire a good nurse, I would be glad to take on another job," she said.

rayaee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,473 2,518 1,111
Alleybux
Hell yea more time would be nice cause we don't even know what this vaccine will do. It's still relatively new yet fonts keep hounding people acting like we're all being anti vaxxers. Large groups of people from many different walks of life are apprehensive about this virus & for various reasons.

TheRealNikkiO

Slaying & Saving Because Christ Is King!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,687 17,718 14,285
Alleybux
Covid Vax Death Cult-ers never want people to have a choice. It’s illegal and unconstitutional to force vaccines on even on health workers. With the flu vaccine, a choice was given. If you refused it, you masked the entire flu season. This covid vax, the ids and passports are nothing but fascism.

Petition? If they are not unionized they should start then stage a walkout.

PYT88

I feel God in this Chili’s tonight.
Reaction score
Reactions
6,334 279 31
Alleybux
So Texas has no mask mandate but this hospital is forcing their workers to get vaccinated? Make that make sense!?

LACQUER

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
120,605 5,786 1,518
Alleybux
Hell yea more time would be nice cause we don't even know what this vaccine will do. It's still relatively new yet fonts keep hounding people acting like we're all being anti vaxxers. Large groups of people from many different walks of life are apprehensive about this virus & for various reasons.

Right and the more they hound, the more inclined I am to start wondering if anti-vaxxers are onto something.

They really aren't inspiring confidence in this by insisting that everyone does it right now with no questions asked. Guess what. I'm asking questions.

mimi713

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,734 62 5
Alleybux
My aunt works for Methodist (not that particular location).
They are requiring all employees to get the covid vaccine. Employees must take the yearly flu shot as well.

The way they were able to implement this has something to do with them being privately funded. This was a big story here a few weeks ago.

Oooo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,248 1,696 617
Alleybux
So Texas has no mask mandate but this hospital is forcing their workers to get vaccinated? Make that make sense!?

the no mask state wide mandate is from the Gov. However, establishments, including hospitals, can still have their own rules, which includes how they handle vaccination requirements of their employees. Most every business still has a sign requesting customers wear masks and practice social distancing. all of them have their employees in masks.

the gov said we are not enforcing rules it’s up to establishments to decide how they want to run. I still rock my mask and for the post part I rarely see anyone without one.

I don’t personally know anyone in healthcare here so I have no idea how other hospitals are handling this. My job is not requiring vaccination.

HuntersWife

Mrs. Biden-Ossoff-Johnson/Ex-MrsZelenskyy/Huerta
Reaction score
Reactions
327,741 16,249 3,258
Alleybux
Hmmm, I wonder if my old classmate started this petition? She works at this hospital and this is on brand for her. Ole racist b!tch.

But yeah, let people do what they want

Selenadominates

Only here on the weekends
Reaction score
Reactions
121,078 3,174 3,052
Alleybux
Covid Vax Death Cult-ers never want people to have a choice. It’s illegal and unconstitutional to force vaccines on even on health workers. With the flu vaccine, a choice was given. If you refused it, you masked the entire flu season. This covid vax, the ids and passports are nothing but fascism.

Petition? If they are not unionized they should start then stage a walkout.
It’s literally not. If you have to spread false information to fit your narrative, it’s sh!t.

SuckinToes

Gunther can chop these t!tt!es....
Reaction score
Reactions
30,752 1,236 1,339
Alleybux
My sister used to work at this hospital a few years ago. She's in the one in Houston now. Baytown is ghetto as h3ll lol. They need better doctors out here in this area.

Argentum

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
102,157 4,571 2,026
Alleybux
We're all being forced. It will come for all of us soon enough. Everything done this last year is to break down people into accepting the reality of mandatory vaccinations, covid passports etc.

Imagine if someone told you a year and a half ago whether you want to inject something into your body that requires you to sign a form saying you are aware that you are injecting yourself with experimental drugs? You would laugh at their face.

TEMU

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,780 1,841 1,040
Alleybux
They should have a choice. I’m vaxxed, but I don’t like how these workers are being forced to choose between putting food on the table and getting a non FDA approved vaccine.

southernares

uosɐǝs sǝᴉɹɐ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ
Reaction score
Reactions
153,960 5,016 445
Alleybux
I used to work there. They force you to get the flu shot so i’m not surprised. I waited till the last minute to get mine and I got locked out of the computer.

But, there are a million other hospitals in the Houston area so she can just go to another that’s not mandating it. Simple.

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,520 5,072 186
Alleybux
My sister used to work at this hospital a few years ago. She's in the one in Houston now. Baytown is ghetto as h3ll lol. They need better doctors out here in this area.
There was a report on the local news in Houston a few years ago and confirmed that the doctors at hospital in the suburbs of Houston were not as good as the doctors in the Medical center.

kettleballs

On Ye's workout plan, never an Ozempic bobblehead
Reaction score
Reactions
209,186 22,206 18,692
Alleybux
My aunt works for Methodist (not that particular location).
They are requiring all employees to get the covid vaccine. Employees must take the yearly flu shot as well.

The way they were able to implement this has something to do with them being privately funded. This was a big story here a few weeks ago.

So how many of them QUIT and how many have had adverse reactions???? Cause baybeeeeeeeeeeee AIN'T NO fµck!ng WAY I'd be taking some sh!t that isn't approved, voluntarily!

fµck that job. Trade $doge coin instead. sh!t.

kettleballs

On Ye's workout plan, never an Ozempic bobblehead
Reaction score
Reactions
209,186 22,206 18,692
Alleybux
We're all being forced. It will come for all of us soon enough. Everything done this last year is to break down people into accepting the reality of mandatory vaccinations, covid passports etc.

Imagine if someone told you a year and a half ago whether you want to inject something into your body that requires you to sign a form saying you are aware that you are injecting yourself with experimental drugs? You would laugh at their face.

I'm not. fµck that sh!t. I'll put a hex on they asses before they can fµck!ng try to put some poison in me.

They can miss me with this bµllsh!t.

miss chief

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
220,049 12,107 8,065
Alleybux
Arent all nurses supposed to get the flu shot? I thought hospitals and nursing homes required the flu shot as well as a TB test

LilNugget

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,512 17 6
Alleybux
Arent all nurses supposed to get the flu shot? I thought hospitals and nursing homes required the flu shot as well as a TB test
where i am they can wear a mask during flu season if they don't want the shot. i don't know about the tb test though.

IrisOsiris

Last friday night
Reaction score
Reactions
101,863 3,302 3,198
Alleybux
I understand both sides. They didnt say they wont get but just that theyd rather more research come out about it before they put something they dont really understand or trust into their bodies. I dont blame them

Tehuti Goddess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,409 2,224 2,629
Alleybux

Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital nurses feel they're being forced to get vaccine​

Friday, April 16, 2021 9:47PM

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- As the days and weeks go by, some nurses at Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital are dreading what's to come.

"There's so many 'What ifs?' out there," said a nurse, who wished to remain anonymous. "June 7 is the deadline. It's 'take the vaccine' or 'pack up your bags.'"

The nurse started a petition in hopes of opting out of the mandatory vaccine requirement for all staff at Houston Methodist.

"We're not saying we'll never get it, we just want more time," said the nurse. "We want more research. We want it FDA approved, thoroughly, before we actually put it in our body."

She said right now, a group of staff at her hospital is too afraid to get the vaccine, but they're even more worried about losing their job. They feel getting the vaccine should be a choice.

"I'm basically fighting for everybody that's too scared to speak up right now," she said.

Meanwhile, legal analyst Steve Shellist said quite frankly, the nurses don't have a lot of rights, especially during a pandemic. He said the law is pretty clear, and the only exceptions include religious or health reasons.

"The hospital has a right to say, 'If you're going to be in close contact with patients and other medical providers, you need to get a vaccine, and if you can't, you are not going to work here,'" he explained.

The president and CEO of Houston Methodist, Dr. Marc Boom, said they owe it to its patients to put them first and make them feel safe, so the vaccine is 100% mandatory. Boom said the hospital stands by its decision and believes it's 100% safe and the best option.

Houston Methodist recently held a town hall for its employees in order to ease fears and answer questions.

"Working in health care is a privilege," said Boom. "With privilege comes responsibility."

As for the nurse, she said she takes her job seriously, but she just wants to take the vaccine on her own terms when she is ready.

"If anyone would like to hire a good nurse, I would be glad to take on another job," she said.

I'D TELL THEM TO STICK THAT fµck!ng JOB UP THEIR @$$!!! F YOUR Freaking Poisonous So-called VAXX!!!! Go JAB up the Nation where this BS ass VIRUS came from!!! GIVE THEM MFs the Jab!@!@!

Tehuti Goddess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,409 2,224 2,629
Alleybux

I understand both sides. They didnt say they wont get but just that theyd rather more research come out about it before they put something they dont really understand or trust into their bodies. I dont blame them

And if They Flat out Refuse..... That's their choice!!!! I AIN'T NEVA taking that sh!t!!!!

Tehuti Goddess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,409 2,224 2,629
Alleybux
Hmmm, I wonder if my old classmate started this petition? She works at this hospital and this is on brand for her. Ole racist b!tch.

But yeah, let people do what they want

BECAUSE she's starting a petition to stop this Barbaric, invasive, Unnecessary Jab!!!!

new2this

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
19,083 933 127
Alleybux
Although I’m pro vaccine and have already taken it this bothers me. To me this is truly reflective of the disregard for workers rights in Texas. They are enforcing this in order to rub it in your face that you have no rights and for that reason alone they should strike.

How can it be an infringement on someone’s rights to have a mask mandate but yet you can be forced to take a vaccine?

This makes no sense. What this really is, is anti-worker rights attitude at play.

Tacosandcrls

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,578 1,371 592
Alleybux
update

Welp.

The reasoning for waiting for FDA approval isn't working because the FDA has reviewed the vaccines data and they have been through 3 phases of trials before they got EUA. It's not like the vaccines bypassed the FDA and it got released to the public.

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,520 5,072 186
Alleybux
Welp.

The reasoning for waiting for FDA approval isn't working because the FDA has reviewed the vaccines data and they have been through 3 phases of trials before they got EUA. It's not like the vaccines bypassed the FDA and it got released to the public.
That is so true.

Deacon C

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
213,716 10,806 1,898
Alleybux
Welp.

Ok so why don’t they just approve it right away?

Mugla

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,326 436 216
Alleybux
I dont agree with this at all, but will some employers say its for insurance purposes? Like they have to take all steps to reduce risk to employees and vaccine is it???