Quantcast

Houston's Txture Fest is a joke!

Spillingtee

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,526 55 12
Alleybux
Has anyone heard of the Houston Txture Fest being thrown by a bunch of not so popular "Houston natural hair bloggers" in 2019?? This is such a lame attempt to copycat Brooklyn's "Curlfest" yet they don't have the community's backing or funding. The main objective of this event looks to be gaining sponsorship from big natural hair companies and pusing local vendors away even though this will be their very first one?? When asking questions about the event the answers given were pretty sketchy. You get alot of coming soon and more details to come. They have given a date and park where the event will be located but upon proper research it was discovered that the park has not been booked for the date they gave for the event. I don't know how much regular admission will be but I bet there will be a pretty hefty price for "vip tickets". As it looks this event will simply be set up to get your coin. Upon going to both their FB page and IG page you get little to no information about the event instead you get videos and pictures of them? I know of someone who reached out to them about being a vendor and was told they would get back to them but has yet to hear anything. It seems like this event is unorganized, sketchy, and a scam in the making.

YUWannaNo

DA SAM HILL WRONG WITCHU
Reaction score
Reactions
126,292 2,721 602
Alleybux
Houston has a texture fest? Didn't know this...if this a first time thing, they need to work out the kinks(no pun intended) to make it run smoothly. It would be welcomed down here because there are a lot of naturals and it would be great to see what is new in the hair care market.