Quantcast

How am I...as a black woman...supposed to feel about the continuous shootings?

Panamanian

Abundance.
Reaction score
Reactions
89,692 5,459 3,941
Alleybux
In a patriarchy, organized men swiftly create change. If he wants to end police brutality, he can join a political organization that is working to change the language of the Murder 2 statute in your state.

He can also join a CopWatch and volunteer to be trained in conflict resolution and patrol his neighborhood.

Also, encourage your brother to create a family in marriage, raise children with his spouse and join social networks with other Black married men with children.

Finally encourage him to regulate his emotions using self-control and discipline.

White men in Georgia deployed a successful counterstrategy to Georgia Black women's successful voter registration campaign simply by changing the laws. Not even 90 days from a critical vote to elect 2 Democratic Senators.

Less than 90 Days. That's how swiftly organized men can create change.
What was the law they passed?

Reaction score
Reactions
3,287 178 159
Alleybux
Ever heard of Breonna Taylor, Sandra Bland and now Ma'Kiah Bryant?

Anyone who thinks that police brutality only affects black men is obviously delusional. Your womanhood isn't going to stop cops from seeing you as black first and foremost; just see those three examples for above.

Sholoray

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
23,026 357 38
Alleybux
This black woman sends up a prayer of condolence for the friends and family of the deceased. THAT'S IT. In some of these shootings, as more information comes in, there's a whole lot of foolishness. Take the young man killed by the police at school in Knoxville, TN. I did not follow up on that story since the day it happened until I clicked a link on a local news website yesterday. While I am still unsure about the police shooting him, I'm not about to start yelling "JUSTICE!" for a dude who precipitated the whole event by fighting a young woman. Same with the Ma'Khia Bryant case. She was outside with a knife allegedly defending herself. Abolish the police? Restorative justice? We see how that community handled the incident; there were several adults who were out there as the fighting and what not was happening. I shake my head at a lot of these stories and go back to minding my business.